Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What decks do you expect to win Battle Roads?

toxictaipan

After Worlds is over the new season begins. And with no rotation AT ALL this year, the creativity level is off the charts.

I'm not sure if another set is going to be released before Battle Roads, but even if there is, what do you expect to see winning? New interesting rogues, same-old same-old, what's your opinion? Please give a reason why, we don't want this to turn into a poll.

~toxictaipan

Last edited:
It isn't awful, just has about 50 stupid cards but the rest is great!

Gengar
LuxApe
Flygon
Speedrill
BlazeRay
Primeape
Ryhperior
Garchomp C
Dialga G
Palkia G
Kingdra
Machamp

Last edited:
Primeape is very good with Chatot G, Ryhperior is very good and when I said Garchomp I was talking about the SP one and that is very good in SP decks.

Heres what I think could win battle roads.
Gengar/nidoqueen/relicanth
Machamp/relicanth
Luxape
Blazeray
Garchomp or Flygon[depends on metagame]
Kingdra
Palkia lock
Speedrill

Gengar/ relicanth Varients will do very well.
Teched sp decks, mainly BlazeRay will do well.
Kingdra will have its day again.
A FAST and consistent flygon might do well.

^Blaziken SP decks will do well with luxray but I am not sure about magmortar. I also do not think that blaziken FB with Blaziken PL and Heatran will do well because of a lack of consistency and being too slow.

^I play Blaziken FB with Magmortar and it is very consistent. They work perfectly together. Magmortar to burn, Blaziken to attack early game, than late game bring up Magmortar X with Blaze FB on the bench.

On topic: I expect to see Gengar, LuxApe, Blaziken FB varients, and SV card varients. I'm hoping to see at least one Arcanine SV deck.

=legotack;1481473 I'm hoping to see at least one Arcanine SV deck.

I am hoping you are just kidding about seeing that Arcanine being played unless of course you mean you want to destroy it? LOL. I understand if you do but if you mean for it to be playable you are crazy. LOL

A lot more of the skill decks, like Gengar and Machamp and Beedrill, as people shift away from new ideas and poor decks like Luxape and Palkia-lock and what-have-you.

flareon is a smart player.....nuff said

Why thank you. I am indeed playing Mother Gengar with Relicanth tech. LOL

A lot more of the skill decks, like Gengar and Machamp and Beedrill, as people shift away from new ideas and poor decks like Luxape and Palkia-lock and what-have-you.

Yeah you are most likely right. I basically agree with the new idea stuff too. However that won't stop some people but I agree with what you say otherwise on SP decks and stuff.

Last edited:

My sarcasm detector just went boom. :tongue::lol:

Anyway... I expect to see pretty much what we have now(notably Luxape and Legos variants) along with a few new SP mixes.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Why thank you. I am indeed playing Mother Gengar with Relicanth tech. LOL

Yeah you are most likely right. I basically agree with the new idea stuff too. However that won't stop some people but I agree with what you say otherwise on SP decks and stuff.

As for you... I think you need to get a sarcasm detector. :wink:

Last edited:
My sarcasm detector just went boom. :tongue::lol:

Anyway... I expect to see pretty much what we have now(notably Luxape and Legos variants) along with a few new SP mixes.

I expect to see it but not to be as popular as before as some of the decks like... Gengar, Speedrill, Machamp and Kingdra that will make comebacks except for Gengar which was already there. That is my belief even though I have a SP GarApe deck. However I don't attend on ever using a SP deck in a tournament and only plan on using Gengar.

This is what I expect to see even though I don't care for all the decks...

Gengar
LuxApe
Flygon
Speedrill
BlazeRay
Primeape
Ryhperior
Garchomp C
Dialga G
Palkia G
Kingdra
Machamp