Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What do I have to do to Top Cut?! (5-2 at Houston Regional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Sycamore

My April 18th started at 4am. I woke up and dressed and woke my brother up, since he was driving me and my crew down there from Dallas to The Woodlands. We leave the house at 5:30 and picked up my friends from one spot to save time. After a stop for gas, we made our way down. We reach Huntsville at about 8:30 to eat at Wendy's. We get dropped off at the High School at 9:30am and my bro went on to Houston to visist with relatives. Once there I did my usual hellos to everyone that I only see at the big tourneys and to the locals. I made the exchange for a Chimchar with Tina. I gave her a Pikachu (What a surprise...lol) I got my Deck checked and went around with Evelyn (The saved Eevee from my sig :thumb:) For those who are curious about what I played, I played a deck I finally called "Power Play," Which is Abomasnow/Manetric/Steelix. Now here's the tourney.

Round 1: Starter Deck.
This guy was only here for his children. He didn't feel like digging through his kids cards to build a deck so he got a starter. I beat him because he only had a Voltorb and nothing else. (Also, in the game next to us this woman got t1'd by Sableye...ouch...)​

1-0

Round 2: SP Deck Palkia heavy.
This was a good game. He got his SP Pokemon out and the turn of the game occured when he powersprayed an Uxie. I couldn't get Manetric out and lost. I gave him a good run for his money. Though, also, I got to say "I am playing Jesus!" I used the american pronounciation. He was cool about it.​

1-1

LUNCHTIME!!!!!
I hanged out Tina and Mr. camp. I also had Taco Bueno. I came back to watch Tina battle one of the professors on break. I ordered a taco salad, a taco, two bean burritos and a tea. I ate my taco salad first and realized that I forgot to get a fork for it.... I ate it with my hands and looked in the bag where my burritos and tacos were after I finshed it and found the fork... Well, back to battling....​

Round 3: Mario(MachampSF and Lucario LA w/ both Lv. X's)
She got her Lucario charged fairly quickly and I had to use pokeblower on it to bench it and snipe it. Once I got rid of the Lucario I Devoluted the Machamp FTW​

2-1

Round 4: Scizor/Cherrim/Shaymin
Okay, I got completely scared when I saw it was a Scizor/Cherrim. Manetric does nothing to it, Abomasnow does nothing to it. My only hope was Steelix. I got it charged with Special Metals and I only missed Iron Tail twice in the match. The play of the game was when he got Shaymin(Land forme)Lv.X out and retreated it. My next turn, I used Pokeblowers to bring it back out and used Iron Tail on it. my constant success on Iron Tail led to the win.​

3-1

Round 5: Kindra
This match was bad from the start. He got Kindra out fast and I couldn't get my sniping to add up. He got me with too many quick Ko's with Warps and I had my basics on the bench. So, he got the advantage and I couldn't get it back. I always tend to get two games where I get nothing to work...​

3-2

Round 6: SP Deck,
This match was EPIC!!!!! I played Chirs Smith, one of the people from my area. I said in the middle of the game that Whoever won would have deserved it. We were trading hits, Chris with his Houndoom G (Since most of my pokemon were weak to fire) I got two prize and he got two prizes. We were setting up for a big finish. He ended his turn, by knocking out my Steelix. My turn started and time was called. He had Crobat G and Bronzong G with 60 damage on it. I brought out my Manetric and Power Waved for two prizes and I won.​

4-2

Round 7: Infernape/Typhlosion
This was a great battle as well. We both got set up, but he had a few turns without the energy to get it to flow right. What was funny was that we were weak to each other. It didn't help that he got tails on InfernapeSF's power. I did the typical thing that my deck does. I spreaded around with Steelix and Abomasnow. Once I was set up, I brought out Manetric to finish the job.​

5-2

I was sweating bullets I was hoping that I would top 8 in my flight. Unfortunately, I got 15th in my flight and missed top cut. Found out that two of the three others I came with finished with a 5-2 record and didn't make it either. Throughout the day I had Evelyn learn Sweet Kiss and it confused at least 20 people. :thumb:

Props
Going 5-2
Seeing all my poke-friends
Photo op at the beginning with Mike.
Evelyn making so many friends.
getting props on the deck
Judges
having 150+ Masters
Getting my Chimchar for my cosplay
Safe trip to and from the Woodlands.

Flops
Not making top cut
Not getting my Magmarter and Porygon Z on my platinum like I planned.
rain....
People thinking I did that to Evelyn...:mad:

If you wish to see the deck list, then PM me and I'll give it to you. :thumb:

Yeppers, 5-2 should make top cut in my opinion. Maybe one day it will happen, lol.

Great job and it was great seeing you again.

Yeppers, 5-2 should make top cut in my opinion. Maybe one day it will happen, lol.

Great job and it was great seeing you again.

Thanks Mike. I really enjoyed myself. I really wished that it wasn't raining. I think that we would have made 400 if it wasn't for that.

I also need to have a talk to those computers not giving me the chance to build my resistance....This is like the fourth or fifth time that I got shut out of the top cut because it.

There was almost 20 5-2s total, between the two flights if I remember correctly.

My resistance should have been a LOT better considering one of my losses was to the ONLY 6-1 in my flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back