Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What do you think will be played at Worlds?

dragonwarrior

Hey,

Worlds is pretty close less than 3 weeks away and can't help but think what will be played at worlds, but most importantly what will win!

What does everyone think will be played and what's your number choice that you think is going to win!

here's my list:

Luxape
Palkia/Dialga
Bees
Mother Gengar
Flygon

and what wins I think will be:
Luxape

As far as the Grinder goes from your list...

Luxape (has the best matchups in the format, and can beat champ. Struggles vs. Palkia Lock)
Palkia/Dialga (has some of the absolute best matchups, but can also lose 1 or 2 games)
Bees (Power/Trainer lock with Palkia/Dialga gives it trouble. Ape also hurts it, but it sets up crazy fast, this could do well)
Mother Gengar (Will most likely see little to no play in the grinder, it isn't reliable enough to 7-1, 8-0 the grinder)
Flygon (Will most likely also not see play at the Grinder because of the above reasons, while it can set up fast, it can also be inconsistent. However, will see play at Worlds main event)

From your prediction of what will win, it's a good choice, but it depends on matchups as...

Palkia/Dialga>LuxApe

LuxApe just needs to avoid Palkia and it can win

Luxray/Infernape, Luxray/Manetric, Luxray/Palkia, Dialga/Palkia, Gengar/Nidoqueen, Speedrill, Flygon/Weavile, Gengar/Machamp, Speedchamp, Kingdra(/Floatzel), Plox, etc...

Luxray/Infernape, Luxray/Manetric, Luxray/Palkia, Dialga/Palkia, Gengar/Nidoqueen, Speedrill, Flygon/Weavile, Gengar/Machamp, Speedchamp, Kingdra(/Floatzel), Plox, etc...

If one of those bold ones makes top anything in worlds, I would be surprised.

Explain to me how LuxApe Loses to Palkia-Lock.

I've played LuxApe, and vs PGX I tend to spray Lost Cyclone and keep the power lock hindered. Sunyshore counters their Luxray counter, Toxicroak, and Lux hurts PGX for weakness any way.

On topic, In masters, I think some lucky Flygon players might win due to it's powerr when set up. LuxApe and Dialga/Palkia variants will definitely do well also.

Seniors, Mother Gengar is big right now, IDK how well it will do against top tweens from around the world. Same decks as Masters, really.

Juniors, Kingra/Floatzel, Machamp, Beedrill, and Gengar will all do well.

:cool:

Yeah. Even if you spray the Lost Cyclone, they can still keep some kind of lock on you with Dialga G and Azelf MT. Not only that...rarely does a LuxApe play Sunyshore JUST for the situational kill on the Luxray.

Bees could also win Worlds, however once again, Palkia lock can give it problems as long as it gets a good Power Lock going. (or even Trainer lock) It is still however a solid play

I am not sure I agree with all the comments here.

I agree that Flygon could do well, but the issue is more can it setup consistently. If you can't your going to have issue. I could see my Flygon list that I played at Nats make top cut, but that doesn't mean that I expect it to win the event.

As far as Palkia Lock versus Luxray/Infernape, I find it very hard to believe that two cards change the matchup that much. I expect that the matchup is still in Luxray/Infernapes favor. I could be wrong, but that is just how I see it. I guess I need to test a bit more before I make that analysis but I think that all 3 of those decks are good choice for Worlds.

As far as Beedrill, if that wins in Masters I would be shocked.

Drew

It's not the fact that Azelf MT and Toxicroak G change the matchup.

It's that if an ideal set up is found for Palkia Lock it is

T1:Begin setting up Palkia, Azelf MT, and possible Psychic Bind
T2:Continue to set up Palkia and bench, get Palkia G Lv.X out ASAP, makes sure Azelf is set up, for sure Psychic Bind
T3:Begin to set up another Palkia or Dialga along with the suprise Toxicroak, Psychic Bind
T4:well...I think you get it

predict luxape to take grinders, and potentially worlds
the deck is too fast and made stage 2 decks obsolete

luxape has consistency to win 6-8 games

I think Macheap is going to win in Juniors.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I expect pokemon cards to be played at worlds... i'm not 100% sure though so don't quote me on that...

I quoted you cuz I couldn't resist.:eek:

Last edited:
LuxApe over palkia G because luxape can power spray Lost Cyclone and snipe the benched mesprits and Azelf MT. Then, they can flash impact PGX for the ohko.

Where on earth are all these power sprays coming from?!? If you're getting the power sprays with cyrus's conspiracy then you probably won't be attacking much meaning Palkia will be 2-5 by the time they run out of mesprits and power sprays. The good Luxray Infernapes run 1-2 power spray... In case you haven't noticed it's a fairly inconsistent deck without powers.

Back