Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What do you think?

Once SF comes out kingdra, machamp, gengar and I'm not sure what else

They all have the basic list just different a bit. Both would be built for speed. The are all good and it's hard to beat all of them.

I would say, after the release of Stormfront, the list should look like:

1. Kingdra
2. Dusknoir
3. Gengar
4. Torterra/Sceptile
5.Hmm...Hard to say maybe Machamp, Tyranitar, Magmortar/Heatran, luxray!

Last edited:
I'd go with....

1. Kingdra = (donktastic, cheap and efficient)
2. Torterra/Sceptile = (tanktastic and if you get a seppy out, cheap )
3. Gengar = (cheap, good sniping and good power. might need a backup attacker)
4. Magmortar = (with heatran/rayquaza this can be fast and really good. Good matchups but not so great with kingdra)
5. Eevee's/(Glaceon)/(Sceptile) = (With Glaceon it has good matchups with most main decks now, problems with tort though. Without it has leafy and that can be great with seppy.)

Here's mine:

1. Dusknoir - Great attacks and can handle most decks.
2. Kingdra - Very fast, will need to be teched to handle decks that hurt it.
3. Leaftile - Once it gets going its very hard to stop.
4. Gengar - Has a very good evolution line and attacks, though they can be played around.
5. Scepterra or Machamp - Both can hit hard and have very good Lv.X's. We will have to wait till City's to find out which one is more dominant.

Gengar is horrible, here is why:

Vs. Kingdra it gets 2HKO then 1HKO with a Plus Power or Bucks Training after it has gotten hit by 2 20s on the bench. Then OHKO by an Aqua Stream while it does what? Hopes to get a flip to make up it's horribleness.

Vs. Torterra it going to have a had time KOing the high HP beast, while Torterra can OHKO withPlus Power or Bucks Training. Sceptile doesn't have a Power so it can't hit that for 50, and then any bench hits it does will be taken off with Torterra (DP).

Poltergeist is so easy to play around especially with Claydol, if it didn't work with Viplume (HP) who had Houndoom (UF) and Sableye (DX) to stop traines and supporters with a body and attack, it's not going to work with Gengar who it's pre-evolutions would be best suited to try and stop your opponent from using Trainers/Supporters. If it gives decks a hard time with Shadow Room there is always Unown G. Even Fainting Spell could be played around with Special Conditions, Poison and Burn/Heatran Lv.X.

^ Against kingdra it's hard but don't forget that ghastly stops candy and all other trianers for a turn. Then when gengar is up you can take out claydol or if you have a tech like lumineon you can make sure your oppoents hand has a lot of trainers and even waste an uxie or somtehing.
Against torterra I can take out claydol and I can do a lot to the lv.x. If you kill me there is a 50% chance you are going to pay for it.
True poltergeist is easy to play around but there are cards that let you make sure your opponent has enough trainers. Also Fainting spell I don't think is affected by conditons. True you could set up a kill with conditons or even bronzong but thats hard.

ok, so Gastly stops trainers, but does it stop being KOed. No, so pick your poison, u stop my trainers and get KOed or evolve and give me supporters (b/c your not going to give me trainers I can just burn again with Haunter so I can still set up even though u just tried to stop that with Gastly, or RC to Gengar and hope to donk me on a coin flip if u don't get it u get ran over. Which is going to happen more often then not.

The thing your failing to realise is that it's attacks not Powers or Bodies that try to set up Poltergeist. So while ur actually TRYING to stop ur opponent from setting up they r put damage on u or KOing u.

Gengar is horrible, here is why:

Vs. Kingdra it gets 2HKO then 1HKO with a Plus Power or Bucks Training after it has gotten hit by 2 20s on the bench. Then OHKO by an Aqua Stream while it does what? Hopes to get a flip to make up it's horribleness.

Vs. Torterra it going to have a had time KOing the high HP beast, while Torterra can OHKO withPlus Power or Bucks Training. Sceptile doesn't have a Power so it can't hit that for 50, and then any bench hits it does will be taken off with Torterra (DP).

Poltergeist is so easy to play around especially with Claydol, if it didn't work with Viplume (HP) who had Houndoom (UF) and Sableye (DX) to stop traines and supporters with a body and attack, it's not going to work with Gengar who it's pre-evolutions would be best suited to try and stop your opponent from using Trainers/Supporters. If it gives decks a hard time with Shadow Room there is always Unown G. Even Fainting Spell could be played around with Special Conditions, Poison and Burn/Heatran Lv.X.

Good to see some common sense on pokegym :)

Back