Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What Happened to VS Seeker?

As SV was released, VS Seeker recieved a massive amount of hype and was estimated to be a for sure 1-of in every deck, but now, I don't see very many lists having VS Seeker.

What happened? Was it one of those hype-and-shortly-after-die cards? Did tight deck space hurt VS Seeker's use? Did people just get used to not reusing supporters? Wayne's front-page Octillery decks I think used it, but that's about it...

Discuss.

I think it's worth a 1-of in most decks, but it depends on the deck and the playstyle of the person running it. I'm a fan of it, personally.

Not really sure how you can hype VS Seeker..
It is being played a lot.. just really not a big deal lol

Oh yea i forgot if you have already played vs seeker you can use marleys request choose vs seeker and any other supporter card and.....yea

Probably most forget about it I'd guess. I mean, it is fairly easy to overlook a 1-2 card tech that doesn't actually do too much (unless you're Porygon 2).

Oh yea i forgot if you have already played vs seeker you can use marleys request choose vs seeker and any other supporter card and.....yea

That'd be so much more awesome if Marley's wasn't a supporter.

Marley's in general would be so much more awesome if it wasn't a supporter.

But yeah, I don't run VS seeker personally because I almost never find myself wishing I could play another supporter I've already played. Maybe in decks with Cyrus' Initiative.

Glad to see some people still like using it. I personally don't use it because it would be much better to max out needed supporters and make do with the supporters I don't max out.

VS Seeker is one of those cards that gets a lot of undeserved hype. In theory VS seeker is good, but then people realize there is better stuff they can put in there decks in a lot of cases and it gets taken out. It's a good card, but a card that is most of the time overlooked because of lack of room.

Drew

where are all the kids spouting off how they'd be using 3-4 in their decks? how it would be in every deck?

when i see the card, its a single, and RARELY a double in a deck. i was dead on accurate. where are you guys who posted otherwise?

where are all the kids spouting off how they'd be using 3-4 in their decks? how it would be in every deck?

when i see the card, its a single, and RARELY a double in a deck. i was dead on accurate. where are you guys who posted otherwise?

Ryan, it isn't hard to predict 1 or 2 per deck if that, when it was legal the first time that is exactly what happened.

Drew

VS Seeker is still a very good card. The problem is it is only generally helpful, so it gets squeezed out of lists for cards that do a specific job. ATM, I would probably replace any VS Seeker in my list with extra Warp Points to counter Flygon Lock.

Decks that use Porygon for whatever reason get great use out of it.

Decks that run tech Supporters like Lucians can use it as well.

People that find they have a space in their list should run VS Seeker instead of 1 Quick Ball or 1 Pokedex (weird, I know, but you see it all the time in the deck help forum).

I prefer it most, in decks without Claydol, decks with Porygon2 and it also works nicely in SP decks with a single Cynthias or to keep the Cyrus chain going.

Ryan, it isn't hard to predict 1 or 2 per deck if that, when it was legal the first time that is exactly what happened.

Drew

orly? no kidding, why do you think i was so alarmed to see people giving me mini-essays on how my prediction of something similar to the past (1 in a lot of decks, 2 in few, and the other numbers even less prominent) was dead wrong?

im not trying to pat myself on the shoulder, I'm trying to get those kids to see just how stupid they look now.

I use 1 in all my decks now...
I used 3 VS Seeker in Blazeray BR time, to graet effect, though.
I like it in SP a lot... making a Cyrus chain longer is good.

I like making room for 1 VS seeker in decks that run 4+ different supporters. It essentially turns a list of

-4 Roseannes
-3 Bebe's
-1 Cyrus Conspiriacy
-1 Cynthia's Feeling
-1 Lucian's Assignment

into

-5 Roseannes
-4 Bebe's
-2 Cyrus Conspiriacy
-2 Cynthia's Feeling
-2 Lucian's Assignment

You gotta love this cards versatility (You can even drop the 4th roseanne's in the above list for even more flexibility if thats your preferred playstyle). People say its a dead card early game, (and thats only if you cant draw into a supporter), but i say its mid-late game benefits definetly outweigh the cons of a bad start w/ Vs Seeker.

That'd be so much more awesome if Marley's wasn't a supporter.

Marley's in general would be so much more awesome if it wasn't a supporter.

But yeah, I don't run VS seeker personally because I almost never find myself wishing I could play another supporter I've already played. Maybe in decks with Cyrus' Initiative.

If Marley's wasn't a supporter, then after you had one Marley's in your discard and whatever card you wanted, you could choose the Marley that you already played and the card that you want. If they give you the card you want, you're good, and if they give you the Marley, you play it right away, selecting the Marley that you just played and the card you want again. This forces a continuous cycle of Marley's until your opponent picks the card you want. Thus, Marley becomes close to broken since you can recover any trainer in your discard as long as you have a Marley in your discard and your hand.

Back