Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What If This Was Brought Back?

Nekizalb

Looking at the current format, a lot of decks rely on Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies. While some Poke-Powers in this format are a one-time use, like Bright Look, Set Up, Flash Bite, Healing Breath, and others, cards like Claydol are being used every turn.

Some Poke-Bodies are also popular. Time Crystal shuts down Spiritomb, Keystone Seal is also popular, and let's not forget about Mewtwo's Psybarrier.

Gardevoir EX d from Dragon Frontiers was one of my favorite cards of all time because of Imprison. I could shut down my opponent's Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies, and that would often change games. After the rotation of DF, we lost Gardevoir EX d, but I find it cool to think about what it could do in the current format.

For those of you that need a reference, here is Gardevoir EX d:
Gardevoir EX d

Fainting Spell would be shut off.
Spiritombs would be made almost useless.
Claydol would be a bench sitter.
Trade Off...for nothing!

In addition, Gardevoir EX d can hit for 80, and if it's damaged, you can easily move the Fire Energy attached to it to a fresh GEXd on your bench. DCE would make it much more playable in the current format.

Discuss.

0_0 What...the..heck. That card is amazing. But it is pretty broken. Just think Crobat literally does nothing (or Claydol), Bright Look and Healing Breath won't do anything either!

Bright Look and Healing Breath should both be fine as evolving or Leveling Up would remove the effects... I think. I know it works for attacks but I'm not sure about effects of Poke-Powers (especially since they affect the bench).

Crobat G would work since Imprison can't place a counter on it before it comes into play.

On another note, I adore that card, also.

Nevermind this Kayle beat me to it - From the post above me, Crobat is a coming into play power so it can't put a marker on it yet as is Uxie. But I agree this is pretty broken in this format especially considering DCE was brought back which makes this card even more effective. If they brought this back then poeple would have to run Alakazam in all their stage 2 decks, Like Vegitalian did in his Jumpluff for Nationals just to stop it from ruining their drawpower for the rest of the game. SP decks would have to have a power spray for every turn and that makes them unable to power spray things they would rather spray to stop a setup such as Cosmic Power or Set up and if they fail to get a spray, No more Bright look or Healing Breath.

Poketurn fixes that little problem. :/

Also, if you place 2 Luxes on your bench at the same time, Gardy can only Imprison 1. Then you just use the one without the marker. It requires careful playing around, but it's possible.

Imprison places a marker, called an "Imprison Marker," on one of your opponent's Pokemon. I believe that it does not go away if they retreat to the bench, but it does go away when they evolve. However, Lv. Xs weren't made until after Dragon Frontiers, so I'm not sure if the Imprison Marker would be removed when a Luxray GL would Level Up.

You can use more than one Imprison per turn, so Imprison, Warp Point/Retreat, Imprison, and if you have a third, Warp/Retreat and Imprison to successfully lock three of your opponent's Pokemon at once.

If we were to bring back Cesssation Crystal (which all but rendered Garde ∂ moot) and non Power dependent Pokemon to make decks with, I say go for it. Bring her back! With the format the way it is, Gardevoir ex ∂ would be ridiculous.

Imprison places a marker, called an "Imprison Marker," on one of your opponent's Pokemon. I believe that it does not go away if they retreat to the bench, but it does go away when they evolve. However, Lv. Xs weren't made until after Dragon Frontiers, so I'm not sure if the Imprison Marker would be removed when a Luxray GL would Level Up.

You can use more than one Imprison per turn, so Imprison, Warp Point/Retreat, Imprison, and if you have a third, Warp/Retreat and Imprison to successfully lock three of your opponent's Pokemon at once.

Q. What ways can a Pokémon get rid of an attached "Imprison" marker or "Shock-wave" marker?
A. Evolving, devolving, leveling up (i.e. LV.X), leaving play, and Tropius' "Tropical Heal" Poké-POWER are currently the only ways to get rid of an Imprison or Shock-wave Marker. Retreating or benching does NOT get rid of the marker. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Last edited:
If it really did all that wit de bag o' chips, then you could put my vote down for it being brought back.

I believe you're missing the entire point of the card. Read it again, and take a took at the biggest decks in the format (hint: SP).

That Girafarig has 70 HP. What's to stop them from just KOing it with Dragon Rush?

Bench Shield? A Basic with a Tool attached to it being able to shut down Bright Look, Healing Breath, Lost Cyclone (to an extent), and Leap Away... pretty good in my opinion. Poor Regigigas though, no more Sacrifice. :(

Back