3Bebe's Research
2Buck's Training
2Sp Radar
2Luxe Ball
1Time-Space Distortion
1 night Maintenance

Energies:3
3Basic Dark Energy

I prefer this list to Fabien's. Toxicroak promo loses one of the things that makes it so good = surprise.

Luxray is amazing in the deck, as I've noticed from experience. Though, that's just my opinion.

I prefer this list to Fabien's. Toxicroak promo loses one of the things that makes it so good = surprise.

Luxray is amazing in the deck, as I've noticed from experience. Though, that's just my opinion.

how are you atacking with luxray if needed with no energy for him?

how are you atacking with luxray if needed with no energy for him?

you don't attack with him, ever. Gyarados is already a tank, so backup attackers don't really mean much to the deck. Also, this list isn't mine, it belongs to Dany G, one of the French masters who grinded in going 7-1, though he woke up late for Worlds and thus missed the first two rounds.

Or just abuse Cyclone energy. Much better if you ask me.

Cyclone is nice, but since they get to pick what they bring out, random fodder like Crobats, Uxies, etc. is all you'll get. I'd much rather OHKO an impending threat or their Claydol any day. And, since you're already playing PokeTurn, it's quite easy to fit in.

Or just abuse Cyclone energy. Much better if you ask me.

Cyclone is nice, but since they get to pick what they bring out, random fodder like Crobats, Uxies, etc. is all you'll get. I'd much rather OHKO an impending threat or their Claydol any day. And, since you're already playing PokeTurn, it's quite easy to fit in.

Both have their advantages.

Cyclone is actually more efficient for 6 quick prizes IF your opponent doesn't bench a counter (i.e. Mr Mime)

Luxray involved more cards but you can pick off the threats and/or the claydol.

Couldn't Cyclone eventually end up a counter to mime though?

By attaching 3 of them, you can easily get around the body while picking off other things for KOs.

I think upping the Warp Points is the way to go. You can drop the energy down to about 5-6 so you want 4 call and 1 basic dark (searchable for the Sableye donk) and one other (pick based on whatever tech you might have). I don't see that you need any more than that so where's the room for Cyclone?

-Cory

I think upping the Warp Points is the way to go. You can drop the energy down to about 5-6 so you want 4 call and 1 basic dark (searchable for the Sableye donk) and one other (pick based on whatever tech you might have). I don't see that you need any more than that so where's the room for Cyclone?

-Cory

How is it searchable for the Sableye donk? You can't search for it, as you'll go first and won't be able to play Rosy. : P

Crobat start, sableye bench...retreat Rosie, done... I'm not always one for the Sableye body so I like the retreat out-go 2nd move.

-Cory

I myself go for Magikarp. It's an amazing combo with Gyarados;)

On a more serious note Crobat G, Luxray Lv.X, Registeel, Regice, Sabeleye and Pachi. Are all good options.

IMO Lunatone > Regis (although Regice can switch mime away). Often you'll discard your first 2 magikarps with felicities and then only need to discard one more where you can just roseanne for lunatone/magikarp and discard the last magikarp. Registeel just risks being dragged out and getting stuck (4 retreat ugh!).

-Cory

Cyclones good for the Mime counter and since Dos runs out of crobats and such quickly I abused cyclone. you got your 4 turns and 4 SSU but I actually had more fun scooping my dos up and throwing down a clean dos for a solid 90.

Back