Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is the best deck for a beginner to learn and play competitively?

GoldIn

Hey all,

Ive been learning and playing pkmn tcg online on ptcgo with a few decks such as darkrai/sableye, darkrai/mewtwo/sableye, landorus ex/ tornado ex/ mewtwo ex/ bouf (goldbreaker). I can to the conclusion that I really enjoy pokemon tcg and know I want to invest ( or waste) money on a real life deck.

The lando/tornado and darkrai/sableye decks are my favorite so far. I enjoy the darkai/sableye deck for its speed and ability to solitare into a t2 darkrai. On the other hand, it seems a bit weak for numerous rounds of tournament play because it only has one win condition - darkrai ex.

The lando/tornado deck seems a lot more versatile because every pokemon in the deck is a beatstick and seems to counter a little of everything out there. Something I dont enjoy about the lando/tornado deck is the manual energy attachment. I can easily lose to other beat down decks with energy acceleration such as this dynamo/mewtwo deck that is consistently beating me online.

What do you guys think? Should I roll with any of these decks in real life? Are there any other decks you think i should test before buying a real life deck.

thanks

Just pick whatever you like, if your favorites are landorus/tornadus + darkrai/sableye then go for it

I would say that the best "cheap" deck atm is Empoleon since most people will trade or sell those more cheaply than EX pokemon and it's just as good aslong as you pair it with something (it can literally be paired with 15 different things, too, so you can figure out something that suits your tastes if you try hard enough)

even if you don't do that though, Darkrai tins are pretty easy to get if you dont mind spending $10-12 on each, atleast you'll be getting the extra packs to start building your collection, so that's a plus!!

honestly I think you should just buy the darkrai tins (since there are a ton of things you can do with darkrai now), possibly buy some mewtwo tins (atleast one, since you should be running 1-2 in almost every deck) and buy a few singles of whatever you want/need and don't get from the tins

Back