Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is the big deal about Luxray GL Lv.X and what is the deck this card goes with?

SSBBDaisy

Why does everybody want a luxray gl lv.x. I look at these lists and almost all there major wants are Luxray GL Lv.X! What is so great about it? What is the best deck build for it?

It's power is freaking amazing. And it goes with just about anything.

It's fast, can kill anything when level'd up, and fits with just about any other SP Pokemon, and even some Stage 2's.

You can poketurn Luxray gl lvx and reuse its power next turn.
Decks that may use Luxray Gl lvx:
1) Raybees (Beedrill + Luxray gl lvx) - won worlds championship in Masters
2) Palkia G
3) Infernape/Luxray Gl
4) Blaziken fb/luxray gl
5) some gyrados
others: gengar, machamp, kingdra

Luxray can literally go in anything, being basic with free retreat and an attack that (If ever even used) only costs one colored energy next to a mere colorless.

Some decks abuse its power with SSUs/Poketurns, so you'll definitely be using it more than once. But even if you use it ONLY once, so what... it's such a good Power. Being a basic you can usually pick off something as crucial as a Baltoy as early as the second turn.

ROGUE DECKS. Most people just say Stage 2 decks.

It's fast, can kill anything when level'd up, and fits with just about any other SP Pokemon, and even some Stage 2's.
eh. Nobody ever says Stage 1's. Thats why nobody really looks at them (Rogue_Archtype probably does so whatever).
Its usually people thinking about Stage 2 or SP's.

Even though it's probably been said, pretty much awesome Power (assuming you don't get Spray'd) and a way to abuse it (Poke Turn). Think GoW, but a bit harder to do.

Trouble is that Mankey SV can OHKO Luxray. The same goes for Relicanth SV as well since most likely, your going to have a Pokemon Tool attached to Luxray.

The Pokemon Power Bright Look doesn't sound like much, but it really has many more benifits than you realize. You can lure out the Baltoy's or Claydols and try to KO them with your Luxray GL. After that, your opponent won't be able to recover after the heavy loss of the Baltoy/Claydol knockout from Luxray. Also, it can be a great late game sweeper, whenever your opponent has 50 or 60 HP Pokemon on their bench. Bright Look it and knock it out with Flash Impact or Trash Bolt.

It goes with Blaziken or Infernape, due to the mere fact that it covers the weakness to water Pokes. Also, if you wanted to power up Rhyperoir SV (the on that does rage), you can keep on putting 3 damage counters on Rhyperior SV from using Flash Impact. Eventually, Rhyperior will have so much damage counters on him from the constant Flash Impacts that he will beging to knock out one pokemon after another.

Trouble is that Mankey SV can OHKO Luxray. The same goes for Relicanth SV as well since most likely, your going to have a Pokemon Tool attached to Luxray.

Not always. In fact, unless it's an SP deck, you'll rarely see it sitting around with a tool attached unless it just took a prize out from under your nose. A non-SP player should have no reason to reveal they have E-Gain before using it.

ROGUE DECKS. Most people just say Stage 2 decks.

eh. Nobody ever says Stage 1's. Thats why nobody really looks at them (Rogue_Archtype probably does so whatever).
Its usually people thinking about Stage 2 or SP's.

you know why??? cuz stage 1 pokemon are just as powerfull as sp pokemon, except the awesome trainers.

anything with a gust of wind ability is aweseome and him being poketurnable and a basic ,low attack cost with over 50 damage output and free reteat is the format. thats basically what luxray is. he is the format to most people

Wow, I thought when you guys were saying GoW it meant Gears of War:lol:. Luxray GL works with anything. 'Nuff said.

good grief people. Well what should I do with my extra one then?

Should I stick it in?

Fly/Champ
Kingdra
Dusknoir
which one?

Luxray can go anywhere. Pick one. Pick the deck where you look at your opponent's field and think "Gee, I wish that Claydol/Nidoqueen/Garchomp/WHATEVER was active right now instead of on the Bench" most often.

Er, that said - you will want a bit of an SP engine to make Luxray more playable, because you want Poke-turns, and SP Radar doesn't hurt, and... etc etc.

Back