Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is the Most Competitive Way to Play Empoleon for Cities?

LibertyFigter

I haven't had much luck with decks outside of Empoleon this year, so I finally decided to return to it for a Cities today. I went 5-2 and missed cut at 12th, getting 10 CP.

I was playing Empoleon/Mewtwo EX/Terrakion NVI/Emolga DRX.

I really love the consistency Empoleon brings to decks, but I am looking ahead to next weekend, thinking I might have to change up my build or deck choice. That being said, I'm curious:

What Empoleon builds do you think are currently most effective/competitive? How do you think they stack up in the meta?

Empoleon/Accelgor with Mew and Stunfisk tech - won a European Regionals with it. ^^

Empoleon/Accelgor with Mew and Stunfisk tech - won a European Regionals with it. ^^
Nice! I have to admit, Empoleon/Accelgor is extremely fun to play : ). Was this pre or post- BCR?

I read an report about Empoleon/Landourus/Dusknoir/Mewtwo/Roserade and I really liked the deck
I saw that list- the "Empire" list, as they called it? I loved the deck idea, and made my own list after having consistency issues with the posted list. I was actually going to play something like that this weekend, but Landorus didn't come in the mail! Haha. What do you like about the deck specifically?

Well, my friend plays a lot of Empoleon, and ---

Oh. :)
: P.

Empoleon/Accelgor and Empoleon/Landorus are good variants right now. Empoleon can basically pair with anything thanks to the sheer consistency it provides once it's set up. You need a build that can get a T2 Empoleon, otherwise the fast decks will run you over.

Landourus and Mewtwo can apply early pressure and Landourus can cover Empoleon weakness.
The deck can consistently pull out atackers and adapts to many matches.
I only think Roserade isn't necessary, but this is just preference.

I built my boyfriend an Empoleon/Ho-oh and a Empoleon/Dusknoir/Mewtwo and both are very good
he mad it to 12th without any catchers with the dusknoir one yesterday, so I think that one's a little better, especially since Ho-oh is weak to Keldeo right now

I'd suggest trying the dusknoir one, a lot of people really liked it at our cities yesterday and a few people tried a different build then the one I made and did pretty decently aswell

i want that deck list, where i can find it? thank you!

(im from Argentina, so, im really sorry about my "bad" english )

I believe it's in a report from SixPrizes if you want to try to hunt it down. The deck was named "Empire" if that helps. I don't have a link though :(

Back