Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What should be played alongside Flygon?

Onlooker

I've just started playing Pokemon; I really like the Flygon line (RR) since I've been destroyed by a player using them locally. I've done some research and I've concluded (from reading articles) that the two best pokemon to use alongside the Flygons are:

Palkia Lv X (Restructure) and Hippowdon Lv X (Reset Sand)

I see why both can be good; Palkia for the combo, sniping, disruption and Hippowdon because it gives you the ability to take back games that you might be losing, to outspeed the decks that outspeed you.

In using Hippowdon, Rainbow Float can also be given to Claydol pretty easily while Palkia gives me the option to test out Starmie too.

So, which one is best?

I'd also like to know which of the two variants would be cheaper to make if anyone could let me know.

imo,palkia is inconsistent in gon deck
onlooker, if u want a list for US Nationals throw a pm to me
ill give u a special flygon list.n that list is good n consistent

I honestly don't like either of those combos.

Nidoqueen, Mewtwo X, Champ, and Manectric are all my preferred pairings.

You can usually fit a 2-2 line and a 1-1 or 1-0-1 line in Fygon.

Possible 2-2 lines

Weavile SW (Energy acceleration/better damage output with Special Dark)
Manectric PL (Spread damage/bench protection)
Scizor MD (big cheap attack on anything running Special Energy)
Abomasnow SF (spread, protection when active)

Possible 1-1/1-0-1 lines

Dusknoir DP (limit opponent's bench)
Nidoqueen RR (healing between turns)
Blaziken PL (auto burn = anti Fainting Spell)
Machamp SF (anti Basic Pokemon/chance of a donk)
Mewtwo LV X (SP counter)
Palkia LV X (Restructure disruption)

Some are a lot better than others. Flygon is VERY versatile, and that is what makes it better than some people seem to think. The hype was dumb, but now the backlash has gone too far.

This Manectric? <-- What does he do for the deck? I can see why Mewtwo and Champ are good but I thought Queen was only good with Gengar.

Manectric offers several perks that I've seen work very well with Flygon, this I know because well, I've lost to it, heh.

It's body protects bench damage from piling up on your Flygons or w/e else you're building up so your opponent can't get that easy OHKO. It's first attack spreads efficiently to things like Gengar, Claydol, Pixies, etc. giving you easy prizes and helping you acheive OHKO's with Power Swing. It's second attack is what I like though. 40 and attach to the bench is pretty hawt.

Queen is a universal tech in my eyes. I'd use this in more of a 'speed' Flygon build. Play 2-1-2 or 1-1-1 with BTS. Alternate through Flygons while healing damage quickly and Queen also makes a decent second attacker.

Thanks for all the advice.. How many different lines do I think I could play? I am already doing a full Flygon line, 1-2 Uxie, a 1-1 or 2-2 Claydol (depending on uxie and rest of deck) line and that's all I've got figured out so far.

Weavile + Special Dark as well as a Nidoking on the field should make Flygon able to 1HKO alot of stuff with Power Swing.

Weavile and Dusknoir is probably the best. Dusknoir works really well, and Weavile is pretty necessary for energy accel/extra damage.

I'm having fun with a build using Breloom SW. It's not great but it's FUN! XD Both abuse Upper Energy very nicely.

I'd imagine running it with Weavile SW would probably be the most efficient, especially for damage.

1-0-1 or 1-1-1 Nidoqueen is basically mandatory. Combos well with Breloom, too, hahaha. Drain Punch is epic with Maternal Instinct backing it up..

I've been playing a Flygon alongside Gardevoir (SW and PL), and it's gotten a huge setup ability, especially starting with a Future Sight ralts so you can control your deck.

1-0-1 Queen is pretty much mandatory if you don't want to lose to Kingdra ://

and I reeeeeally like Gardevoir as a 1-0-1 tech in this. The set up ability is soooo good. On top of all this, I ran a 2-1-2 line of something cool and it remained really consistent. Unfortunately, it had enough glaring weaknesses though that I don't feel confident with it for Nationals :[[ Did really well at Battle Roads with it though~

Back