Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What works well with Emerald Ninetales?

Fish

What poke`mon would work well with Ex Emerald Ninetales? I would prefer something quick, strong, and uses effects. I'm thinking a Crobat, but there could be others. Any suggestions?

Ninetails EX HL
and Ariados UF

if someone blocks EXs time machine to emerald, status, then next turn kill with ariados.

...Just a suggestion, it probably won't be all that great.

Most new tools, such as Energy Root and Curse Powder, HL Vulpix, what was mentioned above...

Come to think of it, that Ninetales would be a great early-game attacker in a Delta Salamence deck, as it uses the same recources as Sally does(Energy Root, obviously Fire Energy, Holon Energy FF). I'd only put in a 2-2 line at most though.

I had a friend that built a deck with EM ninetails, EM Camerupt, and EM Grumpig (both of them)... I don't know how he pulled it off, but it worked for some reason...

cool! I'll try those and see what woks out... thanx. But should I put in some trainers that consists of effects? kinda like that old rocket sleep trainer? Do they even have anything like that in the newer format?

Last edited:
Fish said:
cool! I'll try those and see what woks out... thanx. But should I put in some trainers that consists of effects? kinda like that old rocket sleep trainer? Do they even have anything like that in the newer format?
Beedrill Delta and Flareon EX.

hmm... this can get very complicated... but i'll try.

but still... trainers, what to do with them? what should I put in? you gave me poke'mon, but what about trainers? And even worse, energies. Are there any special energies i should put in? any effective plans with that? I think I may be making this a little too complicated though... but I need a deck that can work... I've had too many loses... after a while it does get to ya.... any other suggestions?

Fish said:
hmm... this can get very complicated... but i'll try.

but still... trainers, what to do with them? what should I put in? you gave me poke'mon, but what about trainers? And even worse, energies. Are there any special energies i should put in? any effective plans with that? I think I may be making this a little too complicated though... but I need a deck that can work... I've had too many loses... after a while it does get to ya.... any other suggestions?
Energy Root for ANY Pokemon you want to play that's non-EX without Powers/bodies. And... Fire Energy works wonders on 9tales!j/k :tongue: Try Holon Energy FF to make it last longer aginst Water Pokes.

S!TM and 9tales EX or HL Tales if you could do w/o Energy root. And if you want to concentrate on status conditions, there's a nice stadium(Eternal Flame or somesuch) comming out in the next set.

charking said:
Didn't that same post get deleted?

Seriously, quit spamming.

Quit mini-modding. That was spam in itself. You are pretty stupid if you made a post completely off-subject(which is spam) and the post is telling me to stop spamming. See the inherent hypocrisy? Next time don't post if you're going to look stupid.

And yes, that post probably did get deleted; the mods have a weird tendency to delete things I post sometimes without telling me about it. Apparently they believe that punishment without acknowledgement will lead to some sort of improvement in behavior of some sort.

Almost like God punishing Adam for a sin he didn't understand. If my post was deleted, then no one told me about it, so I don't feel I'm in any wrong.

I see spam all over this forum. There haven't been any legitimate responses to this inquiry anyway.

Ninetales EM is crap. It's not as good as Ninetales ex which isn't as good as Ninetales HL. Instead of you guys leading the thread-maker into a false sense of appreciation for this card, tell him the truth. I'd say you guys are the ones 'spamming'. You guys feed these newcomers positive remarks and fill them with hope that these terrible cards can be played. No. Ninetales EM is a HORRIBLE card. If you ever wanted to use Ninetales, use HL-it has a good body.

Ninatales EM is a bad card. It has horrible attacks(needs 3 energy to even do 40 damage, althought its first attack's guaranteed confusion might be nice, it requires fire energy, and why would you ever be attacking with this Ninatales anyway? It isn't a good heavy hitter, it's energy intensive to do bad damage...)

Would you, mods, rather have people being led on and having their growth stagnated or reversed, or have legitimate responses that assess a card's combos?

Combo your Ninatales EM with a binder, anywhere else it won't be worth its card slots.

Last edited:
Dark_Jirachi said:
Rapidash FRLG!!
I think Ninetales should be surrounded in a deck by Pokemon that have various powers that'd help it. A status condition barrage is a good idea, but it needs to be extra quick(such as in confusion on turn one) and needs a heafty backup hitter, such as Ninetales EX.

I really don't know what to say now... I feel like I need to apologise, but I feel stupid from what Ryanvergel had said.
I just overthink stuff too much and I sout of freaked out... sry.

Don't feel stupid, you're new... it's not like I've never had dumb posts before. Jut use ninetales HL in ludicargo.

I have a heart, it doesn't mean I tolerate stupidity. Fish is ignorant, not stupid. He didn't know about ninetales, so I educated him.

Everyone else who led him on, they are stupid. Everyone who tries to minimod for spam, they're obviously pretty dim, too.

ryanvergel said:
Everyone else who led him on, they are stupid. Everyone who tries to minimod for spam, they're obviously pretty dim, too.
Did it ever occur to you that we've been trying to help? If someone wants to use a card, I'll tell them the best way to use it to my knowledge. If that offends you, too bad, because you're personal attacks are childish and unnecissary. Dim for telling you not to be personal about this? Lol... Do you actually feel proud of insulting ppl that're trying to help? I feel so sorry for you...

And Fish, you don't need to apologize about anything. Just ignore him, for he will continue to insult ppl for even giving underappreceated cards a glance. If you REALLY want to use EM 9tales, there's NO reason you shouldn't.

Back