Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What's a Lafonte? Auburn, IN CC Report (Masters)

Smeagol

Yeah...it is me again. I think this is my 4th report in as many tournaments. Anyways, I ask some friends if they would take me, and they did (DOES IT!) so here's how it went down...

Round 1: Vs. Mr. Cox (I forgot his first name)-Blasty(CG and DS?)/Wailord

He takes the first two prizes and then I win from there. I thought for a split-second that I was going to lose. Thankfully I didn't! GG.

(1-0)

Round 2: Vs. David B.-Flygod

It is a horrible match up, and I knew it. Needless to say, he got three Flygon ex's out so therefore I lost. Not so good game for me.

(1-1)

After this round, knowing that there was only going to be 4 of 'em, I guessed that I was going to come in 5th place due to resistance. Good thing it didn't happen to me...

Round 3: Vs. Jaeney (I butchered your name...sorry in advance)-Sally D/Arbok D

I get set up and I win. GG.

(2-1)

Round 4: Vs. Mr. Johansen (Lati@s/Elekid and Electabuzz/Rayquaza ex D)

Holy cow. I liked the concept of his deck! Never thought of it. The UF Electabuzz really goes good in his deck. I didn't know what the card did before today! I got set up and plowed through him, unfortunately. GG, sir...stick to your deck...remember...add in a fourth scoop up! Trust me, it will help.

(3-1)

Since my only loss was to David B; who of which went 4-0, I made the top 4. As an additional bonus, I blessed with practically an auto-win!

The top 4 looked like this...

1. David B. (Flygod) (4-0)
2. Snowball21 (Lati@s ex and reg/Rayquaza ex DX) (3-1)
3. Me (Delta) (3-1)
4. Brandon R. (Shiftry ex and reg/Houndoom) (3-1)

Top 4: Vs. Snowball21 (look at the above list)

Game 1: He told me it was an auto-win for me. GG. OBTW, he prized both of his Lass', to top it off!

(4-1)

Game 2: He say 4 energy the whole game. GG's...not so much for you, though.

(5-1)

Top 2: Vs. Brandon R. (Shiftry ex),
Game 1: He won it in under five minutes. I saw all four Exeggcutes, too!

(5-2)

Game 2: He needs an energy FTW, iirc, but he doesn't have it. GG.

(6-2)

Game 3: He sees one energy the entire game. He also candied an active Seedot to the Fan Action Shiftry, which I thought was a mistake. I guess he had no choice, though. GG's.

(7-2)

To members of Lafonte: what else do you want from me? What else do I need to do? Do y'all hate me? Wha?

MAJOR PROPS:

-The Duncans for taking me, especially on such short notice.

Props:

-Spence for winning with my deck
-Jeff for beating Dan (sorry Dan, but you just don't lose too often!)
-Jeff for getting 2nd
-Team Jeff 4 lyfe
-Me for winning, of course

Slops:

There really wasn't any...darn it...yes there was...

-Foisy

Look for my next report next weekend! Laters.

Lafonte=Popularity contest. Who needs them.

No, it's who do THEY need. Popularity contest? Typical answer from someone on the outside
looking in.. If you only understood what they or their site
is even all about. But the BEST players in THIS game are members - this NONE of you can dispute.
Who swept nats. and worlds last year? Do you need a hint?

Check out icemelter's last sentence in the post above. Nuff' said!

BTW, congrats. on your win ;)

Also, best quote in your report:

Slops:

There really wasn't any...darn it...yes there was...

-Foisy

As always..........

~john

Last edited:
It's poor form to beg to get in a group........very uncool. Let your wins speak for themselves. And good job on your win!
Rocketman

No, it's who do THEY need. Popularity contest? Typical answer from someone on the outside
looking in.. If you only understood what they or their site
is even all about. But the BEST players in THIS game are members - this NONE of you can dispute.
Who swept nats. and worlds last year? Do you need a hint?

~john

wow, someones a lil arrogant =/ guess i cant blame ya, ur on lafonte ;X

anyways, gj nick ur playing very well this season. i dropped almost 30 points from that one loss to jeff if ya wanted to know XD

To members of Lafonte: what else do you want from me? What else do I need to do? Do y'all hate me? Wha?

i've never even heard of you.

EDIT: oh yeah, played you at Kzoo, nm

Last edited:
It's poor form to beg to get in a group........very uncool. Let your wins speak for themselves. And good job on your win!
Rocketman

Easy for you to say, your son wins every...CC he goes to, practically! And a FYI, I was just saying that I believe that I deserve to be on Lafonte. That's all.

One of the Celio's and others: Trust me. I have heard of people, now I am NOT going to name names, that are ON Lafonte that have never won a gosh darn thing! You know who you are..

Others: I know of one thing that was on Lafonte. Pink Power Ranger anyone?

Brandon: OOOOOPS! Forgot to add that. Srry.

Dan: Thnx.

Sniper: Thnx.

wow, someones a lil arrogant =/ guess i cant blame ya, ur on lafonte ;X

anyways, gj nick ur playing very well this season. i dropped almost 30 points from that one loss to jeff if ya wanted to know XD

No I'm not. I just understand the group and respect the members and their accomplishments. Most of you don't.

~john

Hey Smeagol. Once again, great job on the win. :D

What should be major props from all for a well-earned victory has turned into another worthless Lafonte/Pokegym/everyone else war. I think you taking it out on Rocketman (as well as his son) is going too far, 'cause all he did was give you some words of wisdom: jumping to conclusions about what "1337" players think of you is not the best thing to do, and neither is demanding to be let into a private message board.

Right now, simply relax. Regardless of why people are on there, they are, and that's all there is to it. Just try your best to please YOURSELF in tournament performance, and not others. Don't make getting into a message board your goal (although it'd be a nice plus, lol), but just focus on playing well.

Good luck this season! You're off to a nice start :thumb:

Rocketman said "it is poor form to beg to get into a group", which is true. ALL I wanted to know is various people's opinion on the situation. What's wrong with wanting to know WHY? Didn't think so. Also, it is so very true that his son wins many tournaments. Once again, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT? I'm done posting in this thread.

Patriarch: at this point, I could care less about doing well in tournaments. I know the winning will stop. It is fun, however, to see the really good players get mad and distraught. I would, in fact, call what I have done a "joke". It's just lasting a lil' longer than expected.

Wow I'm amazed this thing got so many views. Keep it up, folks.

One of the Celio's and others: Trust me. I have heard of people, now I am NOT going to name names, that are ON Lafonte that have never won a gosh darn thing! You know who you are..

hey bud, you seemed like a decent enough player, IM me @ mattenno on AIM if you wanna discuss it. i'm not gonna start another flame war between members and non-members. you're saying that you should be on lafonte? we've formed a new group of people to handle applicants, which i am a part of, and it looks more promising and fair than our old system. i have a feeling a number of old applicants will get to apply again.

Last edited:
Back