Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

what's involved in starting/running a league?

Quatra

What is involved in running a league? Is there out of pocket expense, etc? Depending on what's required, i might consider running one in my Town.

What is involved in running a league? Is there out of pocket expense, etc? Depending on what's required, i might consider running one in my Town.

You have to find a safe place for it to be held. I don't think you could have it at your home. You have to have it at a game store or a school/library. Some of these places might charge a fee for you to use the space so either you would have to pay it or charge league members a small fee. You can get POP packs and league books, materials, etc. sent to you by POP once you have found a place.

You have to find a safe place for it to be held. I don't think you could have it at your home. You have to have it at a game store or a school/library. Some of these places might charge a fee for you to use the space so either you would have to pay it or charge league members a small fee. You can get POP packs and league books, materials, etc. sent to you by POP once you have found a place.

I wouldn't even think of running a league at my house anyway. What is required for a league? Meaning do i need additional people to run it. Or can it be just me running it?

If you are old enough, 15 I think or probably 18 now, you can do it by yourself if you feel you can handle the estimated amount of players you would get at your league.

Bit too young I'm afraid. j/k

Yes, now you have to find a host location for your league. Ask them, if they are a gamestore say that by hosting a league they will have a high possibility of generating more card sales by hosting a weekly league.

Sadly we lost our card shops i knew of. But maybe i can find one around town. If not, perhaps i can find one in the next town. Central Oregon residents travel between towns quite frequently. I'd rather be in a League, than be the League runner. But sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too.

One person can handle a League of 15 or so (I'm talking actual show ups per session). If you get into the 20 or 30 range it can get a bit hectic, but if you've got that many you can usually get a couple of the older kids to help you out. It helps to be organized in any case.
To get a league just, get and log onto a My Pokémon account, then click on "Register a New League Store" (or it might say "apply for a League Store") and fill out the info on the public location you've chosen.

Ok, First off i need to find a place to run a League. But thank you all for your info. This gives me some idea of what to be aware of.

local libraries and community centers are also great places to run a League. I personally frequent one that's in a community center. One of the biggest Leagues in the country is run out of a WalMart's McDonald's store. Be creative, you never know where you might be able to find a good location!

local libraries and community centers are also great places to run a League. I personally frequent one that's in a community center. One of the biggest Leagues in the country is run out of a WalMart's McDonald's store. Be creative, you never know where you might be able to find a good location!

I run mine in a Pizza Parlor. We started in a building in the local park, but eventually moved to a used bookstore. When the bookstore closed, one of the Mom's suggested we try the party room at a local establishment. The park building was great, but the city wouldn't allow more than two reservations on the calendar each week. So every Tuesday, I had to call and reserve for two weeks down the road.

For small leagues, the League Leader does get the opportunity to play, but once you get to 20 or so players, your games take a really long time because you are always stopping to record someone's game.

Back