Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

When do states start?

Well thanks for helping out. Thanks Pokekid. Just want to know if others might know or guess what they think.

We had the last prereleases oct 30/31 and november 6/7. November 13/14 no major tournaments. November 20 starts CC. Cities end January22/23. Sounds like the next set comes out in Feb. So, January 29/30 I'm guessing no major tournaments. Then Feb 5/6 and 12/13 prereleases for the new set which would be released feb 14th. Feb 19/20 no major tournaments. Then states could start on Feb 26.

These are all assumptions based on the last batch of major tournaments. Seems logical to me. Just have to wait and see what happens!

I would have to geuss EARLY EARLY March.Maybe even the first Saturday.The latest prerelease will be in Febuary so I don't think there going to have EX:Deoxys and then rigth away start States.(If it's true that will be good since it will give us time to figure out new decks.)

menoknow said:
We had the last prereleases oct 30/31 and november 6/7. November 13/14 no major tournaments. November 20 starts CC. Cities end January22/23. Sounds like the next set comes out in Feb. So, January 29/30 I'm guessing no major tournaments. Then Feb 5/6 and 12/13 prereleases for the new set which would be released feb 14th. Feb 19/20 no major tournaments. Then states could start on Feb 26.

These are all assumptions based on the last batch of major tournaments. Seems logical to me. Just have to wait and see what happens!

Well rememebr its now november 21st. This weekend starts the city championships. They have the following events going on this season:

City Championships-November 20th to January 23rd
State Campionships
Gym Challenge
Stadium Challenge
Nationls-I think July 2nd(3rd day of origins 2005)

They have 6 months to complete all these events so they will need to somehow squeeze all the events together. I know this year they said stadiums will come before nationals so nationlas will be the big finale to the2005 season before the monsetr of all events. The World Championship

Im guessing after the new prerelease in the start of february they wont wait for the states,they will press them that nwxt weekend. If they need to pull all these by the end of june they will need to move them as close together as they can.

Sc's Late Feb +all March, GC's all April, and maybe some in May, Stadium's all in May (only 3 so no big deal), and finally Nat's all June and Worlds in August.

im guessing that's the way it'll be

Actually, the general months are already public domain, so no secrecy needed. Check the most recent issue of Games Quarterly Magazine. About half-way thru the mag, you'll find an ad for the schedule. Mud's schedule is somewhat off according to that.

Last edited:
For those of you who don't have ready access to GQM here are the dates from the ad:

Cities - Nov-Jan
States - March
Stadiums - May
Gyms - June
Nationals - July

Looks like POP is keeping with their promise to make the Stadiums more competitive. Too bad they take place before summer.

Thanks for your information and you all been great help with my question about states. Well thanksgiving to you all and again thank you.

Great job on posting the info. Its good to see nintendo is way ahead of the game and has thier season already planned out. I dont think wizards of the coast was this far ahead in thier sschedules at thier best time.

Back