Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

When is a search completed?

swampert97

During a game at a state championships this past weekend, an opponent of mine used a Computer Search, chose a card from his deck, and began to shuffle. In the middle of his shuffling, he looked through his deck again and switched the card he had chosen with another card. I told my opponent that he could not go back and change his choice due to the search being finished because he began shuffling, to which he responded that a search isn't completed until he's offered to let me cut. The event head judge was called and ruled that the search was not complete until my opponent offered to let me cut their deck.

I was under the impression that beginning to shuffle your deck was progressing the game state, and that a search was completed because the card reads "Shuffle your deck afterwards."

What is the correct ruling?

I can't find the ruling right now, but Pokemon Organized Play has ruled that once a player has started shuffling, they have moved on past the search part of playing the Trainer and cannot go back with out the opponent's permission.

Back