Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

When is Deck Search Action Considered Final?

MCRFamEx

This season I had two competing rulings for a deck search and looking for final ruling. Hoping to get clarity on official rule.

When doing a deck search (most normally from a ball search) after making selection, when is action considered final and cannot be reversed?

In one Regionals I had one ruling from judge that declared rule for this season had been changed and the selection of deck search is not final until the deck has been presented to opponent to Cut or Tap the deck. Even if player had begun shuffling his deck, player still can change and decide on a different selection (as long as they had not completed shuffling their deck).

In a later ruling I had judge declare once player begins to shuffle their deck, the selection is final and cannot be changed.

Please clarify what is the correct ruling? Could this be changing in new season, if so how do we find out about these ruling changes?

Thanks!

I'm not aware of any change to the ruling that is published in the Compendium, which is the second, that shuffling moves the player to the next part of the play of the card and ends the search.
That ruling came from OP.

If anyone is going to make a change to that ruling, it would have to come from OP. No judge should over rule a direction from OP.
If, however, someone in OP decided to make that change at some large event, I invite those professors who know of the decision and who in OP made it to contact me directly so that the Rules Team can confirm it and updates rulings if needed.

Unless and until we hear otherwise directly from OP, shuffling ends the search.

Back