Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Where do you buy Pokemon singles?

sentimentGX4

Where do you buy Pokemon singles online? What place is the cheapest? I'm trying to collect all the missing pieces of my childhood. :D

Please don't say Ebay. That place is ripoff several times over, especially when you factor in shipping. I'm not paying $3 to ship one card when the card itself costs $0.99.

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

troll and toad
Yeah, that's the site I was planning to use but I just wanted to know if there was any place cheaper.

So far, Troll and Toad is by far the cheapest I found with good selection. The cons is that they happen to be sold out A LOT.

Also, the site is more Magic oriented. But from my experience with MTG, Troll and Toad isn't usually the cheapest site out there. There are usually some random minor sites floating out that offer even cheaper prices. I was hoping that this was also true for Pokemon.

Sorry, but I've found Ebay to be the best if you know what to look for. You can probably get better shipping if you buy multiple items from the seller.

Sorry, but I've found Ebay to be the best if you know what to look for. You can probably get better shipping if you buy multiple items from the seller.

Exactly. Lots of times I see "$8 Shipping" and think 'great deal but awful shipping'. However, upon close inspection you may notice things like "$1 each additional item shipped" which helps a lot.

I dislike ebay and seller's shipping prices. I use it only as a last resort. Paying 2.50 for the first card and 50 cents for each card there after recently cost me $22.50 in shipping when the actual cost was less than $4.50 including the cost of the padded envelope, the one top loader, and the one oversized self sealing sleeve they were packaged in. That should be a huge rip in anyone's book.

I prefer to buy from Professor-Oak. They have the cheapest prices by far of any on the internet and they NEVER charge for shipping. The only drawback I've had with them is buying something and it not actually being in stock. They have issued a prompt (by the next day) refund the couple of times this has happened and it has never taken more than 5 days for me to receive my cards.

If you make an account, you can even sell to them at EXTREMELY fair prices. I've sold a few cards to them for more than I would have gotten on ebay even. If you don't have a paypal account, or opt to not use it, you can request a check and avoid any Paypal fees AND they pick up the shipping to mail you a check.

Hands down the very best!

I agree that eBay shipping is overpriced. You can't possibly compensate for shipping over there even if you buy multiple items from a seller and add $0.50 or $1.00. First, most sellers just don't have that much inventory. Second, the majority of cards I want cost less than $1.00 so adding that much for shipping does not solve my problem. Ebay is fine if you're purchasing a playset of lvl. X. Pokemon. There's just no way you could shop for cards that cost less than a dollar. Really, a lot of the shipping costs at eBay are BS and the seller is just making extra money off of you.

Troll and Toad charges only ~$2,25 shipping for 33 cards and they have a big inventory. They're also cutthroat cheap. A lot of the base set holos I want cost less than a dollar. Many holos from the new sets cost $0.59. They also sell a random rare holo for $0.59 and a random rare for $0.25. And that brings me to another topic. Does anyone know good places to buy bulk rares? I'm a rabid collector that doesn't care what I get as long as I end up with a binder full of shinies. eBay has card lots but they're waaaaaaaaaaaaay expensive. I expect to be forced to buy in large quantities but I expect each card to average out less than $1.00.

Last edited:
I'm a rabid collector that doesn't care what I get as long as I end up with a binder full of shinies. eBay has card lots but they're waaaaaaaaaaaaay expensive. I expect to be forced to buy in large quantities but I expect each card to average out less than $1.00.

I have said this website twice now so it may sound like I am adversiting... well Im not. K? :smile:

50 Rares for $10: http://www.gamingetcstore.com/50asporapotr.html
10 D&P Holos $10: http://www.gamingetcstore.com/fcodipehogrb.html
10 Random Holos $9: http://www.gamingetcstore.com/po-10ran-hgrab.html
20 English Rares $3.50: http://www.gamingetcstore.com/po-20ran-rgrab.html
Sorry if my links are wrong. Im sleepy >.>

Back