Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

which controller is best for ssbb?

Gamecube. It feels the most natural.

I'd say Wiimote/Nunchuk would fall in second place. I'm still not used to using my left hand to jump.

I haven't used Wiimote only, but the Classic controller feels terrible to me. The placement of the Joystick and the locations of the face buttons just feel so very wrong for Smash.

GC controller. I cannot find the taunt easily or the grab button, and its very hard to jump and make a good attack when using the Wiimote. GC just feels comfortable considering you've been playing Smash with it for so long.

Definitely the GCN pad. Just the X/Y jumping alone wins it.

Oddly enough, my second place vote goes to Wiimote-only. I just cannot stand having to pull a trigger in order to use Specials.

I only seriously use a Gamecube controller since it is the most functional, natural, and comfortable. Wimote alone = not enough buttons to do stuff the way I want to and uncomfortable. Wiimote + Nunchuck = awkward and too hard to throw items. And I don't have a Classic Controller, but it doesn't look like it would be the right fit anyway.

And BTW, I use a Madcatz MicroCon controller. It works nicely, since my original Gamecube controller is taken a lot of use and wear.

4 points for gamecube controller, 0 for everything else. thanks for the info! gamecube it is!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

should i buy a wavebird?

Last edited:
Gamecube controller, overall. Surprisingly, I found the Wii Remote + Nunchuk to be quite comfortable...

...with my own little modifications to the controls, that is... (mapping the D-pad to their respective smash attacks)

I'm using the classic controller right now because I want wireless...it's pretty good, it's hard getting used to it, but after a while it does rival the GC one, people just don't feel like trying it out...

I'm using the classic controller right now because I want wireless...it's pretty good, it's hard getting used to it, but after a while it does rival the GC one, people just don't feel like trying it out...

Good enough reason to me. Looking to buy a wavebird though. =x seems like they'd be cheap now.

Can you have people using different types of controllers? Like one using the Wiimote/Nunchuck and one using the GC controller?

I would think so, although I haven't tried. We have 3 Wiimotes and Nunchucks and I don't want a fourth, but it may come down to getting a fourth Wiimote or a fourth GC controller.(only 3 of those too)

personally i like using the wiimote and nun chuck. I played brawl at game stop on the pre-release thing and it was the FIRST TIME i had even touched a wii-mote and nun chuck and I loved it and did pretty good with it.

Back