Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Which state is #1 in participation?

JandPDS

Is anyone aware of which state has the largest Pokemon TGC Organized Play player base?
And how many states have Organized play operating in them?
What state has the most active Pokemon Leagues?

I noticed that Alaska and Hawaii have no Premier scores, so I assume that they have no Organized play in those states. Maine has 21 players, so do they have organized play there or do those players have to travel to other states to play?

Just curious if anyone knows the what the answers are - Thanks

As far as active participation, would guess Texas, California, Oregon, Missouri in that order. Ohio would be coming in behind them.

Just my guess from the numbers we all know and love.

mexico isnt a state though...
wait, are we talking states/provinces/territories, or states as in located in the united states?
if the latter, i would bet on california

There are 236 players with ratings in California.

Other states:

Missouri - 116
Oregon - 91
Texas - 167
Florida - 187
Ohio - 131
Washington - 107

There could be some in the 100 range, I doubt anybody else is close to California, though.

From POP's rankings: http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/ratingsnrankings/ranks.asp

Yeah but the # isn't really important, I think he was going for %. Cali may have the most, but it probably has double the people of OREGON.

Oregon may not have the most people with registered POP IDs, but it consistantly has the BIGGEST events.

The only states to have more than Oregon was California.

Does that player base only include residents of that state? In VA, we get a number of out-of-staters who are regular enough to be called part of our player base.

How would you know?

Oregon may not have the most people with registered POP IDs, but it consistantly has the BIGGEST events.

The only states to have more than Oregon was California.

How would you know, you did not even play in your own Oregon State Championship!!

Oregon dose not have that big of a player base, about half of the players at Oregon events are Washington players, so you cant say that Oregon has more players then Washington.

Is anyone aware of which state has the largest Pokemon TGC Organized Play player base?
Better question: which State championship had the greatest attendance- proportional to that State's population? Not too hard to figure it out. If someone else hasn't done the math and figured it out, I will, if I can find the time.

And how many states have Organized play operating in them?
Go to the league locator, or the tournament locator on the official POP website.:cool:

There's OP in Alaska?! It hasn't reported for the last two seasons, but it is one league there. There's also one league in Hawaii and West Virginia.

DC, Wyoming, and Montana do not have any (active) leagues. West Virginia did not have a State Championship.

There are some statements you cannot make only by taking the numbers on the ranking pages.

I don't know if this has been changed, but in the past when you got f.e. a POP ID in Germany you were displayed in the ranking as German, while you could have been a residents of another country.
POP id were linked to the home/state the person awarding them.
So if I WA TO gave out a POP ID that ID would appear as being a WA player, while it could easily been a player from another state.

So to determine more correct, you have to select only the people with an activated My Pokemon account.
All people "not opted into ranking" did not confirm their data and could be placed in a wrong State/country.

Maybe this is not the issue anymore because I 'don't know how those POP id papers are handled.
But always remind yourself about what can be an uncertain factor and take it into account when you try to proof something based on this kind of data.
so JandPS, some of your questions can be answered, others do need a more specific discription/or way to search for.

nr 1 in participation could be the States with the most players reported and found in the OP Locator.
Depends on what kind of answer you are looking for.
Rethink your questions and be aware some details can't be found, so you cannot make correct statements.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

1.Is anyone aware of which state has the largest Pokemon TGC Organized Play player base?
2. And how many states have Organized play operating in them?
3. What state has the most active Pokemon Leagues?

1. See my answer above, no way to find it if you don't know how data in locator is handled. Only if you leave the "not opted in" players out of calculations you MIGHT get an idea.
2. Search the OP data base on completed tournaments and search the league locator to find those answers.
3. Search the league locator and the uploaded numbers of league participation and you will have your answer. At least if most active is meant to be league with most attendance.

Last edited:
Back