Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who carries their 3DS in Public

Chompy

I was curious about how many 3DS owners actually carry around their 3DS with them when they go out and about? I guess more specifically, I'm curious about how many people from Illinois carry around their 3DS?... (because that's where I'm from :p ) I bring mine everywhere I go with the hopes that I get lots of StreetPass hits. The 3DS is somewhat of a bulky system to keep in your pocket, so I wondered how popular the StreetPass and portable aspect of it actually is... or do most people just leave it at home. It would be interesting if we could somehow map out the popularity of carriers in certain states of the US, and other countries, so we can get some idea of how likely we will StreetPass someone around our neighborhoods/cities.

I work in a grocery store and leave mine in my locker. So many kids take them to the grocery store. I get 5+ hits every shift. Many of them are repeat visits, too.

I carry mine in my pack on the days I have college class, and I occasionally leave it on in my locker at work. My problem is if I do that, I tend to forget about it and leave it on until the batteries die. ^^;

I take mine to work. Mainly to listen to music while the store is closed, but I still keep it in my pocket while open and I will sometimes get 1 or 2.

Streetpass is pretty much a fail gimmick anywhere outside of Japan, whereas there you have tons of people carrying around their game systems and it has a big population compared to relative area too, meaning you're far more likely to get hits.

For what it's worth though, I usually carry my old DS around with me though.

Streetpass is pretty much a fail gimmick anywhere outside of Japan, whereas there you have tons of people carrying around their game systems and it has a big population compared to relative area too, meaning you're far more likely to get hits.

For what it's worth though, I usually carry my old DS around with me though.

Any time you go to a pokemon tournament you're sure to get 5+ hits.

^true, so very true. On Sunday NorCal Regionals- 404 people with a DS/3DS- lotta hits!
I go everywhere with my DS. Work, standing in line, appointments, plenty of time everywhere when ya got to wait for some reason.

Well I meant in general walking around obviously, if you went into a Pokemon specific event of course you're likely to get lots of hits >.>

Heh. More than that. Cali states I got 130someodd hits.

Depends on the tournament, I was thinking battle roads.....

BC regionals I had at least 50, but then again I didn't have time to clear my streetpass tags every time I got 10.

Its a shame that the 3DS is so expensive for people that can't afford to buy one. Otherwise, I would be getting so many streetpasses. I have yet to street pass someone at my school. At the health club, I am not suprised because the age range of the people there are from middle age to like 60. The only people I street pass with are the workers from Gamestop and Best Buy (which is about to close after July :frown:)

It's actually not very expensive at all, especially considering all the content you get. I've seen em for 150 in the stores.

And I take mine on car trips, nowhere else. xD I often get tags just driving by other people though. 8D

$170? Really? That's too expensive? The DS was $150 for most of its life cycle. It was $150 when it was released, which is roughly the same after inflation as the 3DS is currently.

Well I meant in general walking around obviously, if you went into a Pokemon specific event of course you're likely to get lots of hits >.>
I get a couple of streetpasses whenever I bring my 3DS with me. I normally don't though as it's bulky with low battery life and I don't like taking a bag with me. Judging by the amount of puzzles the people I "meet" have completed, I think streetpasses is working pretty well.

I was curious about how many 3DS owners actually carry around their 3DS with them when they go out and about? I guess more specifically, I'm curious about how many people from Illinois carry around their 3DS?... (because that's where I'm from :p ) I bring mine everywhere I go with the hopes that I get lots of StreetPass hits. The 3DS is somewhat of a bulky system to keep in your pocket, so I wondered how popular the StreetPass and portable aspect of it actually is... or do most people just leave it at home. It would be interesting if we could somehow map out the popularity of carriers in certain states of the US, and other countries, so we can get some idea of how likely we will StreetPass someone around our neighborhoods/cities.

Hey bro in Ky most of my friends carry their 3ds with them (10+ people outside of school)
(5+ people) in school i get streetpasses while im playing tcg as well

Oh and wait til Nationals this year (assuming you will go) you will have over 100 street passes or more i did last year and i own 2 3ds'

Hey bro in Ky most of my friends carry their 3ds with them (10+ people outside of school)
(5+ people) in school i get streetpasses while im playing tcg as well

Oh and wait til Nationals this year (assuming you will go) you will have over 100 street passes or more i did last year and i own 2 3ds'

100 is probably a conservative estimate.

I went to Worlds last year. In 3 days, I completed every Puzzle and went through Find Mii twice. And Worlds is smaller in terms of attendance than US Nationals.

I manage a Taco Bell, so leaving my 3DS in my back pocket is easy while I'm running around the restaurant. Its fun to see my steps at the end of a shift and I usually get 1-2 people a day. I also bring it with me to league.
Any nerd event should net you plenty of tags: pokemon tournaments, comic/anime cons, midnight releases. I really want to go to a videogame trade show like PAX sometime to see how that is.
Posted with Mobile style...

I carry it round to league and stuff, but never get very much.

I'm hoping Worlds will help me get the "100 streetpasses in a day" achievement.

Back