Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

whos this year sleeper

boastersupreme270

ive been watchin football almost all of my life and evry year ther seems to be team tht no 1 sees bein a contender but ends up provin them wrong so ive been wonderin whos this years sleeper by the way im a jets fan and i really think after al of the jets aquistions there the sleeper team this year

either the jets or dolphins.

Jets- Major upgrades in offseason

Dolphins- can't do worse

either the jets or dolphins.

Jets- Major upgrades in offseason

Dolphins- can't do worse

Jets should make the playoffs.

The Dolphins should of been 0-16 last year. I was SHOCKED that the Ravens last year decide to kick a field goal with 4 & Goal on the 1 with under a minute to go. I think that you were going to miss the playoffs at that point anyway, you might as well go for it. Chad Pennington is a MAJOR upgrade for them. I expect them to win atleast 2-5 games this year. Anymore and they are getting lucky. I think Pennington will be the major reason for the improvement. He is a very good player who doesn't usually make mistakes. Most of his INT or deflected or dropped passes that are picked off. Should be an interesting week one when the Jets play Miami in Miami. :biggrin::thumb::cool:

Drew

Chad Pennington is a MAJOR upgrade for them. I expect them to win atleast 2-5 games this year. Anymore and they are getting lucky. I think Pennington will be the major reason for the improvement. He is a very good player who doesn't usually make mistakes. Most of his INT or deflected or dropped passes that are picked off.
Drew
Chad Pennington isnt a Major upgrade for them its a Decent upgrade because miami is in need for a QB. Lets be honest he cant even throw a post pattern. Its one of the easiest passes to deliver in football. Its just a pass with an angle to where only your receiver can catch the ball and he has trouble with that. The dolphins are banking on him being their future QB but I dont see it happening. It could happen I've seen it happen before. Just imo he's decent but he'll never be amazing. The jets will make it to the playoffs no doubt with favre by wildcard. I mean their only fighting miami and bills for the 2nd spot. I say 2nd because I dont see the jets having a better record then the pats in the long run.

Jericho and Coles will see a huge improvement with the addition to brett and show their true potential as WRs. Those 2 WRS are gonna go from average WRs to above average WRs because of favre. Lemme break this down from AFCs TOP 8 as of right now.

AFC
1 San Diego Chargers - Getting better every year, always a threat, and are hungrier than before. LT and Rivers should have an amazing season come this fall. Gates should be 100% by fall. Their defense is just amazing. Its like the indy colts defense while blitzing except they have a better backfield coverage then indy. Alot of people can agree or debate how most of the games they lose they should have always won. So in the future when they dont lose a game they are supposed to win they'll be super bowl champs.

2 Indianapolis Colts - Upgrading their roster, healing players, dont have much to fix just need to work on small errors, Defense has gotten so much better then 04-06. Offense has also been more explosive as of late. Key offensive players Wayne, Harrison, Gonzalez, Clark, Addai and most recently got D-Rhodes back from the Raiders but they lost Fletcher and Utect who were te's but that doesnt hurt much because they picked up a 2nd RB and clark will have to do by himself as always.

3 New England Patriots - Lost a couple of core players but they'll be playing tougher then ever this season because of the superbowl fluke which they were robbed. Brady wont break any records or do anything as crazy as he did last year but he'll still throw over 25 touchdowns and the patriots will do what they do best which is find ways to win games.

4 Jacksonville Jaguars - Physical team, always hurts their opponents, Their O is explosive especially their running game as of the past 2 years which has gotten so much better, most of all their defense needs a little work. This team reminds me of the colts in 03-06 with inconsistant defense except its not against the run this time its against the pass. If their defense steps up their almost impossible to beat.

5 Pittsburgh Steelers - Very shaky all around, one minute their good with running the ball and the next their not. Same thing happens to big bens wide recievers and te's. Their D is solid against the run but needs work on the pass. They have plently ways to score but need to be more consistant.

6 Tennesse Titans - Vince Young is healing and looking good. His receivers arent looking bad. Their running game and qb sneak game is good as usual. Their defense is solid and they have a kicker who can eat a 50 yard fg like nothing. This team isnt a joke but at the same time not so much of a threat but if you dont play smart against this team or they catch you while your sleeping they will make you pay for it. They probably will have a better season then the steelers this fall but I list them as number 6 and not 5 because when the steelers are in the zone their very tough to break.

7 Cleveland Browns - Always fun to watch, their more of a pass type offense so dont expect any huge or cool running plays but their splashed in their with passes, their defense is absolutely horrible which explains alot of their close games. Their offensive weapons and ability to score quickly makes up for their defense but they really need a better defense espescially against the pass in order to win games.

8 Cincinatti Bengals - This team is good but the players need to communicate better. Alot of their failures of wrong plays or mismatched formations is because of the teams incapablity to communicate with one another. This team doesnt have much chemistry but then again they have two amazing wide receivers. Their sort of like the browns but the bengals have a running game as well. Defense for the bengals is ok but could be better. I didnt choose this as number 7 because the browns are communicating well with each other and the bengals lack that to be taken seriously.

Heres my top 8 list for the NFC but I'll type a description on why I feel it should be in this order after because i've typed so much already. :lol:

NFC
1 Dallas Cowboys
2 New York Giants
3 Minnesotta Vikings
4 Philadelphia Eagles
5 Green Bay Packers
6 Tampa Bay Buccs
7 Seattle Seahawks
8 Chicago Bears

If theirs gonna be any sleeper football team for this years football season. Its gonna be based on the Green Bay Packers. Not only because getting rid of favre you can argue was dumb. But because if aaron rogers is as good as green bay thinks he is. It will shock the world and the green bay packers would again be a force to be reckon with. If hes not as good as the packers think he is then he better lace up for a media beatdown and a bad season.

I'll post my NFC top 8 decriptions tommorow morning.

Gino isnt too far off in the AFC. The Jets will be lucky to get the last playoff spot. They will not beat the Pats. My rankings:

1. Pats
2. SD (easier schedule than the Colts)
3. Colts
4. AFC North winner (between Cleveland and Pitts)
5. Jags (wildcard)
6. last WC between AFC N 2nd place, Titans, and Jets)

Jets could go no better than 8-8.

Keith

i agrree wit most of ginos rankings 4 the AFC but 4 the NFC i ll have 2 disagree the vikings should not be 3
while seatle is only 7 the NFC is so inconstint evry year wit new teams makin the playoffs evry year and if u look at the NFC playoff scenario evry year the most consistent teams r the SEAHAWKS and EAGLES. I really think evrybody is ovr hyping the vikings sure thy got a good running back o line and d but u cant win if ur QB isnt consistent and TJ doesnt seem consistent and all the games he has played he has trown more ints than TDs and plus they only got like 1 good receiver evry year ther seems to be 1 team evry 1 ovr hypes like the niners last year and we all kno wat thr record waz last year i think a sleeper team 4 the nfc r the saints they upgraded their defense and got new weapons pple bettr watchout 4 them the redskins dont look 2bad neither

i agrree wit most of ginos rankings 4 the AFC but 4 the NFC i ll have 2 disagree the vikings should not be 3
while seatle is only 7 the NFC is so inconstint evry year wit new teams makin the playoffs evry year and if u look at the NFC playoff scenario evry year the most consistent teams r the SEAHAWKS and EAGLES. I really think evrybody is ovr hyping the vikings sure thy got a good running back o line and d but u cant win if ur QB isnt consistent and TJ doesnt seem consistent and all the games he has played he has trown more ints than TDs and plus they only got like 1 good receiver evry year ther seems to be 1 team evry 1 ovr hypes like the niners last year and we all kno wat thr record waz last year i think a sleeper team 4 the nfc r the saints they upgraded their defense and got new weapons pple bettr watchout 4 them the redskins dont look 2bad neither

Punctuation and grammer are your friends. Get to know them better please.

A team that might pose a threat is the KC Chiefs. I saw some great things in their preseason game, their running game is back which if anybody that knows anything about football knows, that if the Chiefs have their running game, they can beat ANY team. The Offense of the chiefs will be MUCH better this year, but they are realy rebuilding, they picked up a lot of key players, their defense will be better, offense will be better. Am I saying the Chiefs will make the playoffs?
Nah, not really....but they will be much better, look out for the Chiefs in 2-3 years.

and again, a Healthy Larry Johnson is scary to ANY football team!

Jets should make the playoffs.

The Dolphins should of been 0-16 last year. I was SHOCKED that the Ravens last year decide to kick a field goal with 4 & Goal on the 1 with under a minute to go. I think that you were going to miss the playoffs at that point anyway, you might as well go for it. Chad Pennington is a MAJOR upgrade for them. I expect them to win atleast 2-5 games this year. Anymore and they are getting lucky. I think Pennington will be the major reason for the improvement. He is a very good player who doesn't usually make mistakes. Most of his INT or deflected or dropped passes that are picked off. Should be an interesting week one when the Jets play Miami in Miami. :biggrin::thumb::cool:

Drew
Brian Billick wasn't fired for nothing.

With the Jets easy schedule I don't see them losing more than 5-6 games this year.

I'll say Jets-Giants super bowl game just because I can.

So, after the Jets LOSE both games to the Pats and AT SD and AT Seattle and probably AT Buffalo...they will win every other game?? I doubt it. The best they can hope for is 9 wins IMO.

Keith

If you wanna talk about easy schedules the pats and the chargers have it made. The chargers have the cheifs twice, broncos twice, and raiders twice. Dont get me wrong thats not that easy but its the second possibly debateable of the 3rd easiest which would draw the line with the seahawks has the 2nd/3rd easiest schedule but I think its a hard division because the cardinals and 49ers are getting so much better,.....and even the rams:lol:. The pats imo have an easier schedule out of all teams because playing the jets, dolphins, and bills is even easier. Last year the bills were 7-9, dolps were 1-15, and jets were 4-12. Those 3 teams total W-L at the end of the season was like 12-34. Six out of 16 wins off last years patriots undefeated season were practicially gifts because those teams were so horrible. The bills are decent but no way near in the same league as the pats. Then again this is what I love about football any team can win on any day!

Chad Pennington isnt a Major upgrade for them its a Decent upgrade because miami is in need for a QB. Lets be honest he cant even throw a post pattern. Its one of the easiest passes to deliver in football. Its just a pass with an angle to where only your receiver can catch the ball and he has trouble with that. The dolphins are banking on him being their future QB but I dont see it happening. It could happen I've seen it happen before. Just imo he's decent but he'll never be amazing. The jets will make it to the playoffs no doubt with favre by wildcard. I mean their only fighting miami and bills for the 2nd spot. I say 2nd because I dont see the jets having a better record then the pats in the long run.

Jericho and Coles will see a huge improvement with the addition to brett and show their true potential as WRs. Those 2 WRS are gonna go from average WRs to above average WRs because of favre. Lemme break this down from AFCs TOP 8 as of right now.

AFC
1 San Diego Chargers - Getting better every year, always a threat, and are hungrier than before. LT and Rivers should have an amazing season come this fall. Gates should be 100% by fall. Their defense is just amazing. Its like the indy colts defense while blitzing except they have a better backfield coverage then indy. Alot of people can agree or debate how most of the games they lose they should have always won. So in the future when they dont lose a game they are supposed to win they'll be super bowl champs.

2 Indianapolis Colts - Upgrading their roster, healing players, dont have much to fix just need to work on small errors, Defense has gotten so much better then 04-06. Offense has also been more explosive as of late. Key offensive players Wayne, Harrison, Gonzalez, Clark, Addai and most recently got D-Rhodes back from the Raiders but they lost Fletcher and Utect who were te's but that doesnt hurt much because they picked up a 2nd RB and clark will have to do by himself as always.

3 New England Patriots - Lost a couple of core players but they'll be playing tougher then ever this season because of the superbowl fluke which they were robbed. Brady wont break any records or do anything as crazy as he did last year but he'll still throw over 25 touchdowns and the patriots will do what they do best which is find ways to win games.

4 Jacksonville Jaguars - Physical team, always hurts their opponents, Their O is explosive especially their running game as of the past 2 years which has gotten so much better, most of all their defense needs a little work. This team reminds me of the colts in 03-06 with inconsistant defense except its not against the run this time its against the pass. If their defense steps up their almost impossible to beat.

5 Pittsburgh Steelers - Very shaky all around, one minute their good with running the ball and the next their not. Same thing happens to big bens wide recievers and te's. Their D is solid against the run but needs work on the pass. They have plently ways to score but need to be more consistant.

6 Tennesse Titans - Vince Young is healing and looking good. His receivers arent looking bad. Their running game and qb sneak game is good as usual. Their defense is solid and they have a kicker who can eat a 50 yard fg like nothing. This team isnt a joke but at the same time not so much of a threat but if you dont play smart against this team or they catch you while your sleeping they will make you pay for it. They probably will have a better season then the steelers this fall but I list them as number 6 and not 5 because when the steelers are in the zone their very tough to break.

7 Cleveland Browns - Always fun to watch, their more of a pass type offense so dont expect any huge or cool running plays but their splashed in their with passes, their defense is absolutely horrible which explains alot of their close games. Their offensive weapons and ability to score quickly makes up for their defense but they really need a better defense espescially against the pass in order to win games.

8 Cincinatti Bengals - This team is good but the players need to communicate better. Alot of their failures of wrong plays or mismatched formations is because of the teams incapablity to communicate with one another. This team doesnt have much chemistry but then again they have two amazing wide receivers. Their sort of like the browns but the bengals have a running game as well. Defense for the bengals is ok but could be better. I didnt choose this as number 7 because the browns are communicating well with each other and the bengals lack that to be taken seriously.

Heres my top 8 list for the NFC but I'll type a description on why I feel it should be in this order after because i've typed so much already. :lol:

NFC
1 Dallas Cowboys
2 New York Giants
3 Minnesotta Vikings
4 Philadelphia Eagles
5 Green Bay Packers
6 Tampa Bay Buccs
7 Seattle Seahawks
8 Chicago Bears

If theirs gonna be any sleeper football team for this years football season. Its gonna be based on the Green Bay Packers. Not only because getting rid of favre you can argue was dumb. But because if aaron rogers is as good as green bay thinks he is. It will shock the world and the green bay packers would again be a force to be reckon with. If hes not as good as the packers think he is then he better lace up for a media beatdown and a bad season.

I'll post my NFC top 8 decriptions tommorow morning.

I been into Football for years upon years, I think Dallas is going to have problems this year, they may win the division with that easy schedule they got, but unless they facing last seed teams in the playoffs, they are not going to go anywhere again. So far they looked pretty bad in preseason when 1st string is out there, and Pacman Jones cannot even cover a 3rd and 4th string receiver.

Tampa Bay I dont think is going to get better this season, they won the freaking NFC South with 9-7 record, with Saints emerging as well as every other team, they be lucky to hit 8-8 this season.

Chicago #8? Nahhhh, their defense is average at best now, they got no offense, they be lucky to hit 8-8 as well.

Packers I think last season was a fluke, I dont know where they stand until we see them in action the first few weeks.

Eagles may get a wild card this season, but its hard to predict them as well.

I think when its said and done its going to be the Saints and Cowboys with the 1st and 2nd seeds.

Giants I dont know about either, last year was the biggest fluke I seen for winning the playoffs, making it to the super bowl, and then WINNING the super bowl since the 1987 Redskins.

Back