Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why did go-pokemon say this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VortexOne

Collect Dragon-type Pokémon including Charizard and Rayquaza. Charizard is not a dragon type. Yet go-pokemon.com
said he was. Dont u think somethings wrong with that!? Under the supreme victors description thats what it says! Im appalled:eek:

Gallade, i have heard that phrase before and darthpika i love the picture when u click on g in legos in your signature

LOL, Charizard is Clearly Fire/Flying.

People who play the video game know this, but I doubt some random person who works in advertising for the trading card game (that doesn't even have a Dragon type) would know this.

Anyway, let's get technical, because I like arguing.

1. Charizard is in the Egg group Dragon.

2. In episode 105, Ash's Pokedex reads Charizard as the Dragon Rage Pokemon.

3. Charizard can learn the moves Dragon Claw and Dragon Rage without breeding. Through breeding it can learn Dragon Dance and Dragon Rush.

4. Lance, the trainer of Dragon type pokemon, owns a Charizard.

5. In Pokemon Ranger, Charizard appears as one of four prominently featured patron elemental dragon Pokémon.

6. Charizard's name in German: Glurak - Comes from Glut (ember, also the German translation for the move of the same name) and Drache (dragon).

7. Charizard's name in French: French: Dracaufeu - Effectively translates as Fire Dragon.

8. Charizard's name in Chinese: Chinese (Taiwan and Hong Kong): 噴火龍 Pēn Hǔo Lóng - "Fire spurting dragon".

So, Charizard IS a Dragon. He just isn't Dragon type in the games. He probably isn't because that would be unfair to the other Starter Pokemon that one gets a Special type. He'd also have some great weaknesses and resistances if he was Fire/Dragon!

People who play the video game know this, but I doubt some random person who works in advertising for the trading card game (that doesn't even have a Dragon type) would know this.

Anyway, let's get technical, because I like arguing.

2. In episode 105, Ash's Pokedex reads Charizard as the Dragon Rage Pokemon.

3. Charizard can learn the moves Dragon Claw and Dragon Rage without breeding. Through breeding it can learn Dragon Dance and Dragon Rush.

5. In Pokemon Ranger, Charizard appears as one of four prominently featured patron elemental dragon Pokémon.

6. Charizard's name in German: Glurak - Comes from Glut (ember, also the German translation for the move of the same name) and Drache (dragon).

7. Charizard's name in French: French: Dracaufeu - Effectively translates as Fire Dragon.

8. Charizard's name in Chinese: Chinese (Taiwan and Hong Kong): 噴火龍 Pēn Hǔo Lóng - "Fire spurting dragon".

So, Charizard IS a Dragon. He just isn't Dragon type in the games. He probably isn't because that would be unfair to the other Starter Pokemon that one gets a Special type. He'd also have some great weaknesses and resistances if he was Fire/Dragon!

You, my friend, win this thread hands down. One cannot argue with data. Nice job.

Agreed.

Just look at Charizard. It's FAR more Dragon-like than Kingdra or Flygon.

They just don't dare make it a dragon type in case its popularity reaches such high levels that people will forget Pikachu even exists.

This is true however the egg groups sometimes are weird.
Wailord and Skitty can breed.

2. In episode 105, Ash's Pokedex reads Charizard as the Dragon Rage Pokemon

~The ENGLISH Anime Messes up. Called a Syther an Alakazam (Movie 1)
~ Charizard is known as the FLAME POKEMON

~Charizard can learn dragon attacks. Doesn't make it Dragon.
Bidoof can lean super power, and Bidoof isn't fighting.

He also owns the Shiney Gyarados, which is Water/Flying
Gyarados is another pokemon that can learn Dragon Rage. And is not Dragon Type.
AND is also in the Dragon egg group.

Yeah the games like doing that, in mystery dungeon and other games they over use starter pokemon and their evilutions.

Charizard/Lizardon is a clear deviant from lizard. not Lizards and Dragons do have a bit in common but w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back