Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why No Love for Dialga IFDS?

revdjweb

Dialga LV.70 – Steel – HP100
Basic Pokemon
Poke-Body: Time Aura
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, your opponent can’t play any Pokemon cards from his or her hand to Evolve any Active Pokemon.
[M][M][C][C] Metal Burn: 100 damage. Discard all Metal Energy attached to Dialga.
Weakness: Fire (+20)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

I'm nost saying its a great card but it looks like a much better staller to me than mr mime ever did, especially against the t2 stage 2 decks (kingdra, machamp, gengar) which are so prevalent these days. combo it with heatran level x, call/non metal energy (100 damage per turn!) and some tms and i think you have a very versatile and dangerous starter. in the right deck of course.

I dunno, does Rare Candy get around this? If so, it's not that great, since most decks do run Stage 2s (Kingdra, Empoleon, etc.).

Another thing, does it block leveling up? If it does, then AMU will almost be completely screwed though, so it might be worth considering over Mewtwo Lv X then (though he's still the superior, abet harder to get out one).

First of all there is a big chance were not getting it in SF. Second warp point is so common these days that it's easily countered and also it has a heavy retreat cost

Dialga LV.70 – Steel – HP100
Basic Pokemon
Poke-Body: Time Aura
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, your opponent can’t play any Pokemon cards from his or her hand to Evolve any Active Pokemon.
[M][M][C][C] Metal Burn: 100 damage. Discard all Metal Energy attached to Dialga.
Weakness: Fire (+20)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

I'm nost saying its a great card but it looks like a much better staller to me than mr mime ever did, especially against the t2 stage 2 decks (kingdra, machamp, gengar) which are so prevalent these days. combo it with heatran level x, call/non metal energy (100 damage per turn!) and some tms and i think you have a very versatile and dangerous starter. in the right deck of course.

The key words in there are "Active Pokemon". You can still evolve the bench. I would just evolve my bench and retreat the active and bring up my evolved Pokemon. I rarely have no bench to evolve, except late game, especially with Call Energy being used.

Z

actually warp point is declining in popularity vs switch because of regice and palkia lvl x techs. like i said i think dialga would be great in the right deck, meaning specifically magnezone. at which point the retreat cost issue is moot.
of course the bench can still evolve, but then your opponent will have to burn resources to get the active basic out of the way and bring up kingdra, machamp, gengar, etc. which means a discarded energy attachment which is one more turn at the start of the game you have to try to set up.
look, dialga ifds isn't a 'lock', it's a stall but a good stall at the start of a game can alter everything. and even though dialga lvl x might be the worst level x released, it's pokepower could make this an even more effective stall.

First off, since this card was in the starter deck for the set, we will be getting it, its the other Dialga we will not be getting.
Second, Warp Point, evolving the bench, Rare Candy, all of these get around him, so don't expect a lockdown. However, with Magnezone this guy could be annoying.
-With Heatran X out this guy does 100 and loses nothing. Heatran already combo's with Magnezone, so throwing one of these guys into your deck for the BAM 100 effect would make sense.
-One of the main ways to get around his body would be Warp Point. Well, with Magnezone's paralyzing attack your opponent isn't going to want to burn those Warp's so they can save a few for when Mag decides they shouldn't move. This puts pressure on your opponent, and in tournoments, especially top cut, this can lead to mistakes.

He isn't someone to base a deck around, but if you already use Mag and Heatran, why not put one of these guys in for the potential monkey wrench it can throw at your opponent.

Even I, the Diamond Lord, had not considered that. I salute you.

Used properly btw, Dialga X ends games.

Second, Warp Point, evolving the bench, Rare Candy, all of these get around him, so don't expect a lockdown. However, with Magnezone this guy could be annoying.
Rare Candy doesn't get around the Body. There were some cards with similar PokéBodies in the past.

Q. Can I use Rare Candy on my Pokémon to go to their evolutions if either Kabutops or Omastar from Skyridge is in play (with the powers/bodies that stop evolution)?
A. You could not use a Pokémon's attack or play a Trainer card to evolve your Benched or Active Pokémon, unless the Evolution card you would be putting into play comes from somewhere other than your hand. So Rare Candy cannot be used, but Wally's Training can (when referring to the Active Pokémon). (Aug 5, 2004 PUI Rules Team; Aug 12, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

But when do you actually need to evolve an active Pokémon, unless you are playing a T2 deck? Most times you don't have much problems with evolving all of you Pokémon at the bench. Warp Point isn't even necessary against it.

Rare Candy doesn't get around the Body. There were some cards with similar PokéBodies in the past.

Notice that ruling is from SKYRIDGE. It has since been ruled that you can get around it

But when do you actually need to evolve an active Pokémon, unless you are playing a T2 deck? Most times you don't have much problems with evolving all of you Pokémon at the bench. Warp Point isn't even necessary against it.

Not nessesary, but useful for getting it out of there.

Technical Machine TS-1 says hi.

Sure, not every deck plays it, but most every non-turn 1 deck will. :/
But yeah, that DOES look like a better tech then Mr. Mime for a Magnezone deck (since no one cares about AMU XD), so good catch there.

It has since been ruled that you can get around it.
I wouldn't say "since". Notice the dates on the only two relevant rulings I can find:
Q. Can I use Rare Candy on my Pokémon to go to their evolutions if either Kabutops or Omastar from Skyridge is in play (with the powers/bodies that stop evolution)?
A. You could not use a Pokémon's attack or play a Trainer card to evolve your Benched or Active Pokémon, unless the Evolution card you would be putting into play comes from somewhere other than your hand. So Rare Candy cannot be used, but Wally's Training can (when referring to the Active Pokémon). (Aug 5, 2004 PUI Rules Team; Aug 12, 2004 PUI Rules Team)
Q. Does Rare Candy override evolution-preventing effects such as Fossil Aerodactyl's "Prehistoric Power"?
A. Yes, you can use Rare Candy when Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power is in play. (Sep 18, 2003 PUI Rules Team; Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)
Both rulings are old... the one that seems to indicate that you can't use Rare Candy is actually a couple weeks newer. Sounds like this will need to be reconciled when Dialga comes out.

Mismagius gives you an evil smile and eats your TS-1.

For an oh so amazing 20 damage and then a turn where you're free to evolve at will on the active. (Not to mention this does nothing to set back what evolutions you did manage to find, unlike something like TS-2)

...Not seeing the problem here :/

Technical Machine TS-1 says hi.

Warp Point says "Why hello there."
Evolving on the bench invites you to a tea party.
The part where you wasted your attack just plain laughs, as do I at this feeble attempt at an arguement.

Sure, not every deck plays it, but most every non-turn 1 deck will. :/
But yeah, that DOES look like a better tech then Mr. Mime for a Magnezone deck (since no one cares about AMU XD), so good catch there.

Wrong, only spread and bench damage decks will. Other decks have absolutely no reason to run a card that wastes their attack and is far too situational for other uses (INB4 stopping Kingdra/Machamp).

Warp Point says "Why hello there."
Evolving on the bench invites you to a tea party.
The part where you wasted your attack just plain laughs, as do I at this feeble attempt at an arguement.

how does warp point stop it? =/

because, u know, NO ONE used jirachi hl in decks back in the day. =/ and with this logic, cal energy must be terrible too. i mean, you don't get to attack either, right? yup,getting things straight from the deck sure is BAD!

how does warp point stop it? =/

because, u know, NO ONE used jirachi hl in decks back in the day. =/ and with this logic, cal energy must be terrible too. i mean, you don't get to attack either, right? yup,getting things straight from the deck sure is BAD!

What the heck are you talking about? Dialga stops my active from evolving, and does 100 damage. Those references you made had nothing to do with either.

Seriously, how hard did you have to slam your head against the wall to knock enough brain cells loose for that response?

what are YOU talking about? i was obviously responding to your response to Rai.

so you get one turn to evolve your active (which is now going to be on your bench ANYWAYS). wow. because, y'know, the dealga player will always have something to switch out to.

i was referencing your response to how TM-TS-1 won't be used. its a very good card that can definitely speed up your setup. all the decks you mentioned it wouldn't be used in were turn 1 decks, which just HAPPENED to be the same decks rai said you wouldn't use them in.
and let's not forget the fact that this levels up into frickin DEALGA LV.X!!!! ;P

what are YOU talking about? i was obviously responding to your response to Rai.

Obviously, but you were responding with utter nonsense not relevant to anything quoted whatsoever.

so you get one turn to evolve your active (which is now going to be on your bench ANYWAYS). wow. because, y'know, the dealga player will always have something to switch out to.

...and? I can get you/myself out of the active position, I can bring up the pokemon I just evolved on my bench, ect. His body is a minor annoyance, nothing more

i was referencing your response to how TM-TS-1 won't be used.

Ah, you were responding to something I didn't say. I see, not its all clear.

its a very good card that can definitely speed up your setup. all the decks you mentioned it wouldn't be used in were turn 1 decks, which just HAPPENED to be the same decks rai said you wouldn't use them in.

Find the quote where I said this, because you didn't respond to it. Infact, you didn't even quote it.

and let's not forget the fact that this levels up into frickin DEALGA LV.X!!!! ;P

He levels up to a completely useless pokemon with a flippy power and a subpar attack. My fear is as overwhelming as your ignorance and lack of ability to spell.

Back