Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why Not Gardevoir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeileMom

Hi, I need to tweak this deck and could use some help :)
This is my daughter's Gardevoir deck and she seems to be having trouble getting more than one Gardevoir out of the field. Sometimes she'll have one built up in the first couple of turns but usually it takes longer or doesn't happen at all. We're not sure if it would be better to clean it up and make it faster or just tweak it a little. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Pokemon (16)
4x Ralts (ss 74, RS 66, 67, 68)
2x Kirlia (rs 35)
2x Gardevoir (rs 7)
2x Gardevoir EX
2x Wynaut (ss54)
2x Wobbuffet (ss 26)
2x Dunsparce (ss 60)
2x Zangoose (ss 14)

Trainers (22)
2x Seer (for energy)
2x Energy search
2x Energy Switch
1x TV Reporter (for draw)
1x Bill's Maint. (for draw)
1x Prof. Birch (for draw)
3x Prof. Elm (for evol. search))
2x Rare Candy (for evol.)
1x Wally's Training (for evol. search)
1x Town Vol. (for discards, esp. Gardy EX)
1x Fisherman (for discarded energy)
2x Potion
1x Buffer Piece
1x Balloon Berry
1x Oran Berry

19 Psychic Energy
1x Boost Energy

The theory is to get Dunsparce or Wynaut first to get evolutions. Then build Gardevoir on the bench and switch. Then pound away. Kind of simple. Wobbuffet is to defend against EX's, if needed, while building Gardy. Zangoose is for attacking Dragons and defense while building Gardy. On paper it looks good but in play it doesn't always work. I'm guessing the trainers are where to start fixing but I'm not sure where to begin. Also, most of the decks she comes up against are Gardevoir decks. I have a Sceptile deck and we both win 50% of the time against each other even with Gardy Ex's weakness.
Thanks for any help!
---Nicole
WeileMom

a few things here, there seems to be too much in the way of trainers to get energy out of your deck, when psyshadow should be doing all the work for you. so things like seer is not very helpful. also, if you're running only one type of energy, then energy search is kinda pointless as well, since every time you draw one, it's getting the same thing, it'd be the same as just replacing those two cards with psychic energy. Only use energy search if you are using more than one color energy. What I basically see as the problem is lack of consistancy in the trainers, and a lack of really good draw power.

I'd get more consistancy and more trainers for draw in there.
something like 4 copycats, and some prof oaks research. (if you're on a budget and are lacking those cards, then try hitting up target and buy one of the econo priced echo or electric garden theme decks they both have some copycats in them and are about 5 bucks). try to avoid having singles of cards, as a single leaves too much to chance if it's something you want to use and if it's something you dont need, then it shouldnt be there in the first place. I'd also maximize on healing, (to repair from psyshadow) and put in a town voulenteers to get energy and pokemon back in your deck.

hope that helps.

-Cattdreams

Last edited:
gardevoir fix

WeileMom said:
Hi, I need to tweak this deck and could use some help :)
This is my daughter's Gardevoir deck and she seems to be having trouble getting more than one Gardevoir out of the field. Sometimes she'll have one built up in the first couple of turns but usually it takes longer or doesn't happen at all. We're not sure if it would be better to clean it up and make it faster or just tweak it a little. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Pokemon (16)
4x Ralts (ss 74, RS 66, 67, 68)
2x Kirlia (rs 35)
2x Gardevoir (rs 7)
2x Gardevoir EX
2x Wynaut (ss54)
2x Wobbuffet (ss 26)
2x Dunsparce (ss 60)
2x Zangoose (ss 14)

Trainers (22)
2x Seer (for energy)
2x Energy search
2x Energy Switch
1x TV Reporter (for draw)
1x Bill's Maint. (for draw)
1x Prof. Birch (for draw)
3x Prof. Elm (for evol. search))
2x Rare Candy (for evol.)
1x Wally's Training (for evol. search)
1x Town Vol. (for discards, esp. Gardy EX)
1x Fisherman (for discarded energy)
2x Potion
1x Buffer Piece
1x Balloon Berry
1x Oran Berry

19 Psychic Energy
1x Boost Energy

The theory is to get Dunsparce or Wynaut first to get evolutions. Then build Gardevoir on the bench and switch. Then pound away. Kind of simple. Wobbuffet is to defend against EX's, if needed, while building Gardy. Zangoose is for attacking Dragons and defense while building Gardy. On paper it looks good but in play it doesn't always work. I'm guessing the trainers are where to start fixing but I'm not sure where to begin. Also, most of the decks she comes up against are Gardevoir decks. I have a Sceptile deck and we both win 50% of the time against each other even with Gardy Ex's weakness.
Thanks for any help!
---Nicole
WeileMom

well you should give it more speed simply put ive been playing gardevoir ever since sandstorm hit store shelves and this deck is the one ive used since then and it has won many tourneys so i would suggest using this here it is

Pokemon-18

4-Wynaut
3-Wobbuffet
4-Ralts(hypnoblast)
2-Kirlia(super psy)
3-Gardevoir
2-GardevoirEX

Trainers-21

4-Professor Oaks Research
4-Rare Candy
3-Copycat
3-Professor Birch
2-Oracle
2-Switch
1-Warp Point
1-Pokemon Fan Club
1-Town Volenteers

Energys-21

17-Psychic
4-Boost

this deck is about the best youll get with gardevoir you can drop one copycat for fan club and it doesnt really hurt it but wynaut helps you get your gardevoirs wobbb's and everything else real fast but try this it works really well but in any gardevoir deck you must play 4 boost energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back