Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why not? TX Tourney Report From Me

TrAcY cHo

I don't usually do tourney reports, but I wanted to do this one.

So it's 7:00 pm and I'm up finally messing with the deck I played 4 weeks ago. You see, I haven't been to the league in 4 weeks, and the last time I went to the league it was for a pre-release... Anyways, I fall asleep before I'm done, and only added 1 crystal shards due to the time lack... My dad wakes me up at 6 something, and I grab my four CC medals, than we leave. Incredibly boring ride; I'm asleep half the ride :biggrin:

We reach Houston's Hero's Collectibles a little after 10, and I get off first while my dad goes to find a parking spot in some nearby area. I walk in all clueless and see Austin say "Dale!!" in an excited voice so... I flip my head around and see the Lynch mob, who moved to Mississippi a while from now, standing in front of the door. I go up and hug Heather briefly, than we chat and walk around and meet other friends who she hadn't seen in months and stuff like that. GBA tournament had passed, but I didn't see who won. Roy comes up to me and Heather and says "Me and Trent bet on you two to see who wins. I bet on Heather, and Trent bet on Tracy." Okay. That was a little werid but uhh... whatever. Later on we (well I) figured out that Roy Jr. backed out or something like that...

The tournament starts at like 12. I'm playing Dark T-tar/Dark Amphy and my dad's judging (and now he doesn't look at my battles) :biggrin:

Round 1
Me vs. uhh... No one

When the round starts, I look at my opponent and I'm best looking at the air. No one's there, so I win the match. And I was looking forward to playing my first match in a month *sigh*

1-0

Round 2
Me vs. Kyle (Professor. Elm)

We're both playing the same deck, and we both pretty much get set up until... He rocks me, and I lose my Pidgeot, Tyranitar, 2 dark energies, and a lot of my Pokemon... He pretty much has the game from there.

1-1
With that round, I guess I get my brain back on track, and I can win again!! I THINK I have cake around this time... Happy late birthday Trent!!

Round 3
Me vs. Robbie

Boy is this match stupid. Robbie is playing a Dark Steelix deck, and god this took forever. I start the game with Dark t-tar, but Robbie has this god Steelix with 2 dark and 2 steel. 80 to T-tar, and 50 to Steelix thanks to 2 dark on my t-tar. He knocks it out, and I pull a dark amphy out. I don't remember half of the match, but I do remember killing a seriously super charged Steelix. I think I killed it with Amphy instead of t-tar. This game went into overtime and just when lunch starts *pout*

2-1

Lunch time!! There's a Sonic across the street, so me and Heather go there and eat a little while talking to Roy Jr. (the guy who told us about that bet.) Heather's record is 2-1, and we really hoped we weren't going to play each other.

Back to the tournament

Round 4
Me vs. ?

I don't remember his name, but his playing Dark Drag with Rocket's Sneasel and normal Sneasel. He starts with a normal Sneasel with the Rocket one and a Voltorb on the bench. I pull out a Dark T-tar, and slaughter all his Pokemon, cause there weak to fighting... He protects Rocket's Sneasel, so I basically have the game.

3-1
We play two fun matches, until the next round starts.

Round 5
Me vs. Troy

He's playing a Dark Drag with Sharpedo EX. Anyways, we both pratically pull out our stuff. A rock knocks out a Sharpedo with 3 dark energies. Pretty after, I have the game except for a Dark Draggy, who I knock out with the help of Crystal shard!!

4-1

Round 6
Me vs. Sara

She playing a Muk EX/Dark Muk deck, and she got Muk EX out on turn 2. That's the end of me!!

4-2

Heather's got the same record, and she keeps on saying we'll probably make it to the cut of top 8 but I'm doubtful I will... The cuts are in and I'm...

Tied for 8th. I have to play this kid who I think is named Zack, but I'm not sure.

Tie-breaker round
Me vs. Zack (?)

He's playing this Blaziken/Charizard EX deck, but doesn't seem to really know how to play... He gets out Charmeleon while I still have a Dunsparce and kills that off. I send out a mareep for stall, but he evolves to Charizard EX and still doesn't have another energy for Slash. Thank you!! I charge up a Dark T-tar and sent him out to do a little bit of damage. Later on, I pull out Dark Amphy and Shock bolt Charizard for 140 thanks to weakness. After that, ram for 50 does the trick with the 2 darks attached to Amphy.

I'm in 8th place, but oh crap! I have to play this undeafeated kid with a Ninetails/Ninetails EX/Blaze/2 Moltres EX decks in the two-out-of-three match format.

Round 7
Me vs. ?

Match 1
I go first, and with Dunsparce gets my full basic team out. He uses Vulpix to get a Ninetail EX out and I forgot most of the match. He got out 2 Moltres EX, and I knocked out 2 Moltres EX. At the end, my super charged Amphy who could do ram for 50 or shock bolt for 90 was all I needed to slaughter him, thanks to Pidgeot for my lighting needs.

Match 2
He goes first, and this match is just horrible. He gets out everything, and when I get out anything he has a swarm force ready. I get pumbelled by Moltres.

Match 3
I go first and yay! He gets a horrible start with a lone Vulpix while I get my force ready starting with Dunsparce. I get amphy out quick, with the ability to sholk bolt, really take control of the game.

5-2

Round 8
Me vs. Troy (The guy I played earlier.)

Match 1
Dang, I don't remember a thing besides killing his Sharpedos somehow and winning this match.

Match 2
Same as match one. Don't remember a thing besides winning it somehow.

6-2
I'm in the FINALS!!! Heather already lost *sigh* Oh well, good job Heather!! Anyways, I'm either playing Sara, or Phillip C. who is Trent's brother. I talk to Heather and watch her and Robert play with my dice :rolleyes: Finally there match is done and I play... Sara.

But for now, we can have a break. I cool down for a while, and talk some more. Trent comes up sometime and tells me that he's seen this girl all the time in his league, but has never seen her win so that interest me a bit.

Our judge, Jim, is back from whatever he was doing, and I'm ready but Sara's in the restroom. Suprisingly, I'm not the least bit nervous whereas if I was in the same position last year, I'd be a nervous wreck!!=D

Alright

Round 9
Me vs. Sara

Match 1
My Dunsparce vs. her Grimer. SARs, than she pounds. Sudden flash, tails darn! Her turn, Dark Muk, attach Dark energy, Team Aqua's stadium, and Slimey water. Oh crap, Dunsparce is dead and I don't have much fighting power. I send up Mareep and hope for the best. Draw and get Pidgeot out. Search for Amphy and get that out. Shock bolt for 60 with 10 thanks to Dunsparce. She has basic Pokemon after that and it's a slaughter house.

Tracy: 1
Sara:0

Match 2
Same set up... Dunsparce vs. Grimer. Pound, than SARs... Here's where it goes wrong. I manage to draw my 2 double rainbow energies but none of the evolutions I need, or any energie for that matter.

Tracy: 1
Sara: 1

Match 3
Big money right here.

Sparce vs. Grimer again, but this time I have a much better hand. Strike and run (SAR) for Pidgey, Mareep, and Lavitar with a Lavitar ready on the bench. She has grimer use pound. While that happens, I power up my Mareep. She evolves Grimer into Dark Muk and I have my Amphy ready with shock bolt. I knock that out, and she sends out her Muk EX. Thank god I have this charged Dark Amphy. Knocked it out with two hits, and have the rest of the game but I feel bad now. Good game Sara, and I'm glad you made it this far!!

Good game everyone I played, and I hope to see y'all again!! So I ended up winning my age division in Texas!!

Props:
-Johnny (Patriarch) for winning his age division (15+)
-Steven for winning his age division
-MPB for a great tournament
-Everyone I played for a great game
-Trent for the cake
-Meeting my friend
-The great store Hero's Collectible provided!

Cons:
-What I forgot
-My details and laziness in typing this
-Whatever I screwed up in this post

Nothing too big after that... I had to stay there until it was 9 and Heather, Gilbert, and Robert left me for the movies T.T
Oh well, I figured they would get bored ^_^
I still wonder why I won with the same deck as 15 other people, but whatever. Think in creative ways!!!

~~~Tracy Cho~~~
PS: Did anyone notice my high use in Dark Amphy and not T-tar? Does anyone else play like this?
EDIT: I just remembered something REALLY strange... I went first almost all the time... All except for ONE and that was because it hit the edge of something... STRANGE!!!

Last edited:
excellent showing Tracy. Way to keep it in TX :thumb:

Unlike what several people think, Dark Amphy is an EXCELLENT attacker. A consistent 60-120 is very good.

In response to the post of yours below this, I attacked with ttar a lot more, namely due to me using a 3-2-3 line of it. Altho Amphy just didn't sit there on the bench and played dead x_x'''

Last edited:
Patriarch said:
excellent showing Tracy. Way to keep it in TX :thumb:

Unlike what several people think, Dark Amphy is an EXCELLENT attacker. A consistent 60-120 is very good.

A consistent 60-120? Boy am I slow...

Anyways, you sure did defend our home!!! But do you use Amphy as much as T-tar?

~~~Tracy Cho~~~

Tracey..>Are you comming up to texas?If so dont like...Win to win,...Becuase you one a states let a Okie have a shot...-_^

TylerM said:
Tracey..>Are you comming up to texas?If so dont like...Win to win,...Becuase you one a states let a Okie have a shot...-_^

My name is spelled Tracy...

Am I coming up to Texas? I'm in Texas, do you mean Oklahoma? If you do MAYBE, and I'll go my all until *stares at the ceiling and pretends to sleep* IF I make the finals, but I doubt I will either go or make it to the finals AGAIN...

~~~Tracy Cho~~~
Anyways, the prizes are awesome!! ^_^

TrAcY cHo said:
GBA tournament had passed, but I didn't see who won.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Savannah M of Oklahoma City, OK won the GBA tourney!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

[edit: please don't post other people's full names...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back