Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wigglytuff is reborn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperWooper

Hey all you die hard old school players. Love turbotuff decks? They may be coming back! Check out this picture from pokeschool. It's from the Solved Seal in Japan: Adventure four, which may be the set after Magma and Aqua.

http://www.pokeschool.com/tcg/sets/jp/adv4/wigglytuff_ex.jpg

How mutcha wanna bet that its second attack is a super beefed up do the wave! Wigglytuff and Zangoose and Wobbuffet >_<, I'll be swarming like crazy. REMEMBER: I don't know this for sure, but it is possible. AND DON'T FLAME ME WHEN IT COMES OUT AND IT'S NOT DO THE WAVE! As for me, I'm keeping my hopes up. TurboTuff, here I come!!!

I'm kinda interested in Ninetails EX. The second attack looks like "Discard one fire energy or this attack does nothing". That with the one retreat cost might replace the Exp. Ninetails in Blaze/Tails Deck?

*Preys Kyogre EX is Playable*

Kyogre said:
I'm kinda interested in Ninetails EX. The second attack looks like "Discard one fire energy or this attack does nothing". That with the one retreat cost might replace the Exp. Ninetails in Blaze/Tails Deck?

*Preys Kyogre EX is Playable*

I think the first attack might be lure, like on Jungle Vic and Base 9tales.

From what little Japanese I know, that's exactly what it looks like.

This attack does 10 additional damage times the number of pokemon on your bench.

Now I am by no means an expert in Japanese.

Last edited:
Taking a quick look at Wigglytuff ex, the second attack looks interesting as it looks like 30+10x, where x is the number of benched Pokémon. If this is modified answer to Do the Wave, I will definitely play this in my deck.

I'm trying to figure out what the second attack does, but my Japanese skills are too limited yet. But I can tell for sure that the second attack's name is: Tomodachi no wa.

And the first attack's name is written in Katakana characters, which means that it's a word borrowed from English. The name is: Suliipbiisongu, which is a Japanesefication of "Sleep song". The attack text under it is too blurry and small, but it probably says that the defending Pokémon is asleep in addition to the 30 damage.

Last edited:
Tego said:
I'm trying to figure out what the second attack does, but my Japanese skills are too limited yet. But I can tell for sure that the second attack's name is: Tomodachi no wa.

And the first attack's name is written in Katakana characters, which means that it's a word borrowed from English. The name is: Suliipbiisongu, which is a Japanesefication of "Sleep song". The attack text under it is too blurry and small, but it probably says that the defending Pokémon is asleep in addition to the 30 damage.

If I remember correctly, Tomodachi no wa meant Do the Wave on the Jungle Wigglytuff, so that means the probability is high, however, Nintendo may change it. I hope not though! :D

Suriipiisongu is Sleepy Song. Sorry, I'm picky. :p

It'll be interesting if it is a modified Do the Wave. Even if they change the name of the attack, hopefully the text will be unaltered.

That should get translated to Lullaby, yes?

(except for Promo Iggly, where they translated it as "Good Night Song") :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wigglytuff EX 100HP colourless stage1 pokemon.

CC Sleepy Song 30
All the opponent's active Pokemon are now asleep.

CCC Do the Wave 30+
Does 30 plus 10 more damage for each of your bench pokemon.

Last edited:
vincent0906 said:
Wigglytuff EX 80HP colourless stage1 pokemon.

CC Sleepy Song 30

CCC Do the Wave 30+

Now all we need is some double colorless energy again to get this guy build up fast. ;)

vincent0906 said:
Wigglytuff EX 80HP colourless stage1 pokemon.

CC Sleepy Song 30

CCC Do the Wave 30+
Wigglytuff ex's HP is 100 instead of 80, but the attacks' translations there are close enough.

Weakness: (F)
Retreat cost: (C)

When released, Wigglytuff ex can do serious damage against colerless dragon Pokémon. I should think which decks it would be good in.

Scyther_trainer said:
that double rainbow energy might work.... If you can deal with the 10 less damage.

I can deal with the 10 less damage for a card that does 30 + 10 per bence pokemon ;)

Scyther_trainer said:
that double rainbow energy might work.... If you can deal with the 10 less damage.
Double Rainbow Energy cannot be attached to Pokémon ex, so it would not work well. I would consider using Boost Energy.

Nick15 said:
The glory days of the Haymaker are returning. You can bet I'm going Wiggly too. :D
It was the Trainers, though, that made Haymakers great. Specifically the Opponent disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back