Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Will Stripes ever again be able to save Nevada?

Stripes

Midterms out of the way I am very reluctantly writing my NV states report. I couldn't stand leaving my fans in the dark =D

Anyhow I somehow come up with a crazy idea to play Raibok.
I say hiya my California brethren and get ready to play.

R1 vs Slaking/Blaze

This deck brings back memories of much better times for myself but I move on from the flashbacks and manage to win a relatively close game. To be noted is that he mulliganed 4-5 times and had after in my observation a pretty bad hand.

1-0

R2 vs Madhatter with ZOMG what is this dec.dec :tongue:

He either misplayed in the first few turns with an eevee and I took a seemingly devastating lead early on. A coupleER2's stopped my rampage though. later I got caught in an endless sleep and he pulled out a win very handidly.

1-1

R3 vs Gardy ex

Arbok really showed its worth here and in the end a final dre on my last arbok won the game.

2-1

R4 vs Metanite

We both get really bad hands. I start with a Magnemite and have the metal to attack with. He is short 1 card of a ko first turn, and attaches to beldum. I get a Arbok up and Strangling T3 and I pretty much win it from there. Opponent can't draw an energy, and Arbok rips through the Draggys.
Bad beat.

3-1

R5 vs Raieggs

I just want to say this match is the most and I mean the most embarrassing match I have ever played and ever will play.
I look at my hand I'm like ugh what a bad hand with a Pikachu start and a ton of DRE's. So I go first with my mouse and pass and he starts with egg jr. and attacks.
I draw and there is no mentor/tranceiver/drawing stuff so I pass. He evolves and bombs me. I'm like ugh.. Although once I passed I expected a loss. He's gives his condolences and I'm like yeah bad hand........................He's like yo you have 2 castform........I'm like :eek:
I give some lame noob excuse about seeing DRE's instead of Casty's...

I ask for a fun game and he accepts, his deck is built better so he wins. I concede that the better player won this match.

3-2

Sooooo I cross my fingers and hope for the best on T8 and I just squeeze through in the 8th seed.

I play the undefeated Flygon deck and lose 0-2. First game went a bit better than the second but I just can't find a way to take out 3 Flygon ex's with this deck. If I ran er2's or something like that in it maybe I would have had a chance.
I gave it my best shot with what I had.

I am sprining back from this horrible tourney with a promise, to break a promise I made myself......
I told myself I wouldn't overspend this season, over exert myself making decks.
Throw that away if NV gets a GC or whatever the new tourney is called I vow to come with a very explosive deck and attitude. No more 20 damage here or poison burn here.
No, its goin to be heavy hitting stuff.

Thanks all that read and good luck at your tournaments.

On a side note: PLEASE CHANGE THE WRITING ON THOSE STATES POSTERS!!!

Back