Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

WINNER INFO: Annual Midnight Mutant Booster Draft @Worlds Sat. 8/16

spookees

Annual Midnight Mutant Booster Draft @Worlds Sat. 8/16 (yes, it used to be Midnite, however we are moving that up a few hours)

I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME YET PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON THIS POST I WILL HAVE THE TIME OF REGISTRATION SOON

PokePop, Hagrid23, Chewie and waiting on Chrisbo to see if he will be stopping by for the event.

Most of you know the drill...

BUILD DECK TIME: TBA (you will have half hour to build your deck)
START TIME: TBA

Entry fee: 6 packs of any set of Pokemon, yes ANY! or the cash to buy 6 packs from us which will be $20.00. Currently i have :
Majestic Dawn
Great Encounters
Diamond and Pearl
Mysterious Treasures
Base 2
Gym Heros
Power Keepers

Remember: Please bring cash or 6 packs of pokemon cards, as we cannot accept credit/debit cards or checks. There should be ATM machines there.

Please PM any of us if you have any questions, We will be adding more info to this post, so please keep an eye on things.

As for the rules....Pokepop and Chrisbo can post them here, please!

Taken from a previous post from Pokepop:

For those that don't know how Mutant Draft works:
You give in your six packs of whatever set(s) or $20 entry fee.

You're not going to play with the packs you bring or buy.
They all go into a big kitty and then we randomly distribute them.
You will get 6 packs back from all different sets.
Actually, not randomly. We spread out the packs so you will probably get packs from 6 different sets.
Because of the late hour, we will play sealed (you get 6 random packs and build a deck from them).

How to build a deck from random packs??
Well, evolutions can happen one of two ways:
1. A normal evolution. Psychic Ralts from RS can evolve into Fire Kirlia from DF.
2. Any Pokemon of a type can evolve into the next stage of that same type.
example:
Play Baby Azumarill (Water Type).
Evolve into Kyogre ex
Evolve that into Wartortle
Evolve that into Blastoise (hey, a normal evolution!)
Level Up that into Empoleon Lv. X (Stage for Level X has to match what the original is looking for)

Got it?
Also, while we can't promise exactly what the prizes are going to be this year, last years players can vouch that they were impressive!

All ages are welcome!!

AND THE WINNER INFO IS:

CONGRATS to MAGIC MEW, (Dillon) from Oregon. He was the Mutant Draft 2008 winner at 3 o'clock in the morning!

Last edited:
I have particpated in the last two held at world and they are very fun. (Single elimination though so be prepaired) Last year I knocked out Cyrus in the first round which is kind of cool because I probably never would beat him in a Constructed event ;)

Last edited:
this should be fun. i dont know if i can go because its not like im going with my family but with my friends/ we'll see im beast in mutant drafts. :p

I will play as long as I have my 6 boosters & have time to play (assume i didnt make the cut)

i think any pack that has been relesed in english so not japanese packs and i think they can be from base set,neo,gy leader,fossil ect.

correct, ENGLISH ONLY.

Ill be stopping by again to wreak havoc using Sabrina's ESP.

~Duke

example:
Play Baby Azumarill (Water Type).
Evolve into Kyogre ex
Evolve that into Wartortle
Evolve that into Blastoise (hey, a normal evolution!)
Evolve that into Empoleon Lv. X
As said in the other thread, all existing Azurill are colorless :tongue:

Some ruling questions:
Why is Kyogre ex, a basic form, evolving from a (theoretical) water-type Azurill when Azurill is also a Basic. That's evolving a Basic to a Basic. Baby Evolution specifically states a pokemon by name to place on top of Azurill, so it is neither evolution by color nor a normal evolution. I don't see how that applies to mutant rules. Could I put a Basic Onix onto a Baby Tyrogue?

Also, was the LvX cards resolved? I thought PokePop was leaning towards saying that you can only play a level up card onto its respective normal form. So, in your example, the Wartortle would have to evolve into an Empoleon.

Does LvX represent the final stage? For example, could I level up into a Honchkrow LvX (a stage 1), and then evolve into a Dark-type Dark Dragonite (stage 2)?

Back