Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wisconsin State Championship March 17th

TLesky

Registration Time8:00am-9:30 am
.Days Hotel and Conference Center -101 Sky Harbour Dr, La Crosse, WI

From the North
Take 35-53 South to I-90 West. Take exit 2, then turn right and follo...w signs directly to hotel.

From the South
Take 35 North to I-90 West. Take exit 2, Airport exit, then turn right and follow signs directly to hotel.

From the East
Take I-90to exit 2. Turn right and follow signs directly to hotel.

From the West
Take I-90 East to exit 2. Turn right and follow signs directly to hotel.

We are very excited to announce the information for the 2012 Wisconsin State Championship!

Now there is a time frame to get the discount on your rooms if you are going to book, so plan ahead. When you call, tell them that you are a part of the Wisconsin State Championship group to get your discount.
The deadline to get the discount rooms is 2/16/12.

Cant wait for the "March Madness" to begin. We look forward to seeing all of you.

http://www.daysinnlacrosse.com/
(608)783-1000

Also, so everyone knows, there is an awesome place only a few blocks away that I think you will all enjoy. Its the new home of our Sunday league and all of our local tournaments. Its called Shenanigans Family Fun Center. Please check out the link below, and watch for them for some amazing deals for Pokemon players. Who knows they may even try to invade our State tournament for some real "Shenanigans". Thanks to Rochelle and the gang for inviting us in to your place. It is truly incredible.

http://www.facebook.com/ShenanigansFun

Rough draft of details:

Registration 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Player Meeting 9:30 am
Tournament Start 10:00 am
Up to a Top 16 cut in each age division
On site food will be available during breaks
A Legal modified deck and deck list will be required
Prizes to be determined

More Information at www.pokemon.com

Here is an update of some of the side events and activities we are putting together. We hope that we have something for everyone to do.

Junior players- this will be the very first Pokemon State Poke-athalon. 3 very challenging stages in an tri-athalon style course.
Stage 1-we have decided to change the first stage of the race due to safety concerns. An update will be made available as soon as possible.
Stage 2-Horsea's Bubble Attack.......each contestant will have to move from the first stage to a table, and blow bubbles. When the judge says ok, you will go on to the last stage.
Stage 3-Chancey's Soft Boiled Egg Race.....The last leg of the competition will have contestants put an egg on a spoon and race back to the beginning of the course. Now you must be careful, because if you drop your egg, you get a penalty, and if they are really soft boiled, you will probably have a mess.

16 contestants will be bracketed to face off one on one. If a player is eliminated, they will be able to go to our prize box and choose a random prize. Pairing will continue until we have a winner. More prizes will be added for the top finishers.

Seniors players- Pokemon Legends Challenge....We will have 16 contestants in a group. Each player will be given a face down card. When instructed to, they will look at their card, and then try to find their legend match. One person will get a legend that doesnt match and will be out. Also there will be a "zonk" card handed out each round. That person will also be eliminated. Each player knocked out will get to draw from our prize box. We will continue to eliminate players until we have 2 left. Then we will have those 2 face off in a best-of-3 rock, paper, scissors match. Top players will get additional prizes.

All players- We will be having our regular 8 person, single elimination pods. This time will be a little different. In the past everyone paid $5 to participate. Instead of those knocked out round 1 getting nothing, they will each be able to go to our prize box and draw a prize.

There may be league play Friday night as well as during the event. This is subject to space availability, time, etc. Stay tuned for more info as it comes.

As in the past, we will be having a Pikachu raffle. Bring your Pikachu cards (any of them) and get raffle tickets towards prizes. The rarer the Pika, the more tickets its worth. All of your Pikachus will go into my daughter's collection. Because of the great support of this event, and from all the help we have received in the past, her Pikachu card collection has topped 14,000. Our hope is that someday, she may be recognized for her dilligance to this collection.
There will also be a Chansey raffle for you to exchange your Chansey cards for raffle tickets towards some great prizes. Here is a chance to help Mr. Marrilland himself grow his collection of Chansey to new hieghts.
A new event this year. VIDEO GAME RAFFLE!! Bring in a copy of any vidoe game you dont want. Any game from any system. You will given a raffle ticket for every $1 the game is worth. Prizes will be announced as time draws near.

Last but not least we will hold a VGC event as a side event during the top cut. This will be a single elimination, 2 out of 3 tournament with a limited number of players. More info will be made available soon, so please stay tuned.

Last edited:
there will be 2 vendors on sight, but i am uncertain if they will be buying or not. i will try to get info on this.

Just another update on the weekends events. We will be having league type play on Friday night from 7pm to 11pm. This will be very similar to the league play used at nationals. you play a game, and report it to the judges table, and each player will draw a card from the prize box. Some common cards, some rares and foils, and of course some with great prizes like gift certificates, t shirts, and who knows what else.

This will be held at Shenanigans Family Fun Center, 2100 Dawson Ave, La Crosse, WI. Now this place is just a few blocks from the Days Hotel, where the main event is on Saturday, so its really easy to get to. Also this is the home of our Sunday weekly league, so you know they are Pokemon friendly.

In addition to the free league play Friday night, Shenanigans has granted us a special event. From 8 to 10pm anyone from the Pokemon community can get a wrist band for $20. Now for the entire 2 hour session, this wrist band will allow you to take advantage of several of the attractions they have to offer. These include indoor bumper cars, rope swings, and everyones favorite....LAZER TAG. There will be sign up slots for lazer tag throughout, and up to 20 people can play at one time. Check out Shenanigans web site or facebook if you want more details on this amazing place.

At the end of the evening, there will be a LAZER TAG SHOWDOWN, that will feature up to 10 members of the Pokemon State staff VS up to 10 Pokemon players. I am looking for someone to organize the players team, so if you are attending and want to put the team together, please message me on facebook. I will choose someone to be the players team captain, and then they will in turn choose their team.

I am still waiting to hear back from the vendors about buying cards so please stay tuned for more information.

I have an update for those that were asking. I spoke to one of the vendors and he did say that he will be buying cards, bulk and individual. Prices have yet to be determined, and hopefully updated before the event.

I will be there. I also would like to personally invite everybody to Iowa the following weekend.

A further update on the lazer tag event. Ch0nsey is Pr0, aka Mike, will be the team captain for the players team. Please message him about getting on the team.:thumb:

And again there will be 2 vendors.
One of them is the gentleman that usually is at the upper Midwest regional tournaments and the most of the Minnesota events. Ed has been around this game since I can remember and always has some great deals going on.

Also returning to states this year is Macks Card Shack. Mack is a local store owner, and was at WI states last year. He hosts a league at his store so you know he will have your Pokemon needs covered too.

Any other questions please feel free to post them. I will do all I can to answer as soon as possible.

A further update on the lazer tag event. Ch0nsey is Pr0, aka Mike, will be the team captain for the players team. Please message him about getting on the team.:thumb:

And again there will be 2 vendors.
One of them is the gentleman that usually is at the upper Midwest regional tournaments and the most of the Minnesota events. Ed has been around this game since I can remember and always has some great deals going on.

Also returning to states this year is Macks Card Shack. Mack is a local store owner, and was at WI states last year. He hosts a league at his store so you know he will have your Pokemon needs covered too.

Any other questions please feel free to post them. I will do all I can to answer as soon as possible.

do you know if they will be buying? thanks.

do you know if they will be buying? thanks.

have a look here

---------- Post added 03/10/2012 at 01:37 AM ----------

I have an update for those that were asking. I spoke to one of the vendors and he did say that he will be buying cards, bulk and individual. Prices have yet to be determined, and hopefully updated before the event.

no prices yet and they may wait until day of to announce.

Top 4 Seniors - Devin R, Kevin R, Jeremiah W, Ben M.
Top 4 Juniors Mikey B, Joey R, Xander P, Sarah M.
about an hour ago ·

Juniors Top 2 Xander vs Mikey B.
Top 2 Seniors Ben M vs Kevin R.

Top 16 Masters - Brian Z, Lukas G, Andrew R, Ryan B, Tyson S, Eli M, Curtis D, Austin Z, Jay H, Carl M, Chris D, Chuck L, Kyle S, Soari P, Alex B, Nathan H....
7 minutes ago ·

Mkey B takes 2nd for Jrs, Xander P takes 1st for WI States for the 3rd year in a row!

Top 4 Seniors - Devin R, Kevin R, Jeremiah W, Ben M.
Top 4 Juniors Mikey B, Joey R, Xander P, Sarah M.
about an hour ago ·

Juniors Top 2 Xander vs Mikey B.
Top 2 Seniors Ben M vs Kevin R.

Top 16 Masters - Brian Z, Lukas G, Andrew R, Ryan B, Tyson S, Eli M, Curtis D, Austin Z, Jay H, Carl M, Chris D, Chuck L, Kyle S, Soari P, Alex B, Nathan H....
7 minutes ago ·

Mkey B takes 2nd for Jrs, Xander P takes 1st for WI States for the 3rd year in a row!

Xander is doing great. Was Josh Wittz there.

Back