Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

With the rise in Pokémon Tools...

Tombstoner

Think Electivire could become a deck? I'm talking about Electivire Lv.X from MT, with an attack, Pulse Barrier, that lets you discard all of your opponent's Tools in play and prevent all effects done to Elevtivire next turn. Any thoughts?

It would need an attacker since Electrivire has few good attacks. You could use pokemon like manectric or luxray GL X. If these attackers won't do well in your metagame then you might just use relicanth.

Have to admit I forgot about Relicanth for a second. I guess Electivire if you want to just get rid of them and Relicanth for high risk, high return. In a more defensive deck Electivire might work better if you could get it to work.

Well, you can Energy Link yourself and use Motor Drive to power up your Luxrays while Electivire is taking no effects thanks to pulse barrier. Then you have 1-3 free Shock Bolts waiting at any time. There may not be enough to make a really serious deck, but Luxray LA is a pretty frightening card if you can use it effectively, so I personally am always looking for something I can do with it.

Heres something to consider: Luxray PA with it along the LA variety. Since he can discard the Link for a quick 100 damage, you get some more tricks to go with it and then there's Porygon Z G to work with.

The problem is, discarding Expert Belt gets rid of the 2 prize benifit.

And Unown G can't be discarded.

So there's the 2 biggest tools in the game. You can ditch the occasional Link or Bench sheild, but that's not much. As for stadium discard, Flygon does it better.

The problem is, discarding Expert Belt gets rid of the 2 prize benifit.

And Unown G can't be discarded.

So there's the 2 biggest tools in the game. You can ditch the occasional Link or Bench sheild, but that's not much. As for stadium discard, Flygon does it better.
It does discard unown G, the attack makes a blanket statement about pokemon tools.

Sabett, it does not discard unown G because unown G says it is only discarded when the pokemon it is attached to is knocked out.

It does discard unown G, the attack makes a blanket statement about pokemon tools.

Nu-uh.

Check the ruling in the Compendium

Q. If Electivire Lv.X uses "Pulse Barrier" to discard tools against a Defending Pokemon with Unown-G's "GUARD" attached, does the Unown-G get discarded or does "GUARD" prevent that effect?
A. The Unown-G would prevent Pulse Barrier's effect of discarding tools, so it would stay attached. But Unown-G does not prevent any tools attached to other Pokemon from being discarded. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Wow, something completely different on the mind, sorry guys. Yeah I don't think Electivire's going anywhere.

I actually quite like the Electivire LV X.

Stage 1 LV X's are very hard to use though. Magmortar was the only one that saw a lot of play. Even Leafeon with its broken Power doesn't get used much.

It doesn't help that all Electivires are actually terrible.

Atleast Vire SW gets to use Upper Energy, which is a good plus in combination with it's power that let's you try for an easy 50. And why talk about Pulse Barrier if it has a wicked Poke-Body? Punishing your opponent for attaching Energy can be a very good thing these days.

^^Actually, Lucario Lv.x saw quite a bit of play when mario was the deck to run. And Honckrow saw a few Cities. Though overall, that's pretty much how it is. Not sure why, but Stage 1 X's have a history of hype and fail.

Yeah, it s weird, it isn't faster to take out as a Stage 2 LV.X and Electivire can actually be Level MAX'd! And Lucario is good in a boomerang kind of deck. Too bad it's flippy, but atleast you get something immune while hitting stuff hard while doing so.

Someone did really well at US Nats with a Manectric/Ampharos/Electivire Lv X deck, I recall. Manectric/Ampharos is a well known combo and Electivire is to help beat SP's.

Atleast Vire SW gets to use Upper Energy, which is a good plus in combination with it's power that let's you try for an easy 50. And why talk about Pulse Barrier if it has a wicked Poke-Body? Punishing your opponent for attaching Energy can be a very good thing these days.

A 3 energy attack that lets you "try for an easy 50"... I fail to see how that's good at ALL.

Vire is a Stage 1 Lv.X with a less interesting version of what our good buddy rockfish does. I like its body, but it's a pretty useless card.

I actually like Electivire X b/c its a great way to buy time against flytrap.. you blow up their tools and take no damage next turn. Sure they can still use palkia to drag out bench sitters but there's no more sand tomb loop unless you wanna bring active your 60HP trapinch

Back