Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wobbuffet's Type when attached to Wynaut???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkTyranitar

I've been using the Psychic Pokemon Wobbuffet in one of my decks. It is a basic Pokemon.
However, the baby Wynaut allows you to place Wobbuffet onto it, evolving Wynaut.

During one game I evolved Wynaut into Wobbuffet and wanted to attach a Boost Energy onto it.
However, I was told that I could not because Wobbuffet is listed at a basic Pokemon.

(Boost Energy reads:
"Boost Energy can be attached only to an Evolved Pokemon.
Discard Boost Energy at the end of the turn it was attached.
Boost Energy provides :colorless :colorless :colorless Energy. The Pokemon Boost Energy
is attached to can't retreat.
When the Pokemon Boost Energy is attached to is no longer an Evolved Pokemon, discard Boost Energy.")

During another battle I had once again evolved Wynaut into Wobbuffet, and my opponent moved a Shedinjza (that was placed onto the bench as a Basic Pokemon via Nijask's "Loose Shell" Poke-POWER).

Shedinja's Poke-BODY reads:
"Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Shedinja by your opponents's Evolved Pokemon and Pokemon-ex."

With this battle I was told that I could not attack my opponents Shedinja with my Wobbuffet, because it was now considered an evolved Pokemon, (even though its type is listed as a basic one).

OK, my question here is what is Wobbuffet in this case? (A basic or an evolved Pokemon?) Also, which of these two things can I do?

Thanks!

- Tony

Last edited:
Q. Can I play a Boost Energy on an "Evolved" Basic Pokemon (such as a Wobbuffet that has evolved from Wynaut)?
A. Yes, you can. It states on Boost Energy you can only play it on Evolved Pokemon and Wobuffet is considered an "Evolved" Pokemon in this case. (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back