Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Woodbridge, Va. Pokemon League Schedule of Fun

Sensei

Team Compendium Emeritus
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Hey everyone, Pokemon League at Game Parlor is cancelled this Saturday, July 2nd due to most of us being up in Ohio at Nationals. League will resume the following Saturday, July 9th. All points and badges and some "extra goodies" will be given out then.

`Sensei

Last edited:
Hey all leaguers, I`ll start posting a schedule of events for the League here. Let`s get going and have a blast!

`Sensei

July 9th: Basic league. Extra door prizes to be given out. Possible Double elim tourney. Points and badges to be awarded.

July 16th: Basic League.

July 23rd: Mutant Pokemon Tournament! Bring ANY 6 packs of any set to League. Free Tourney.

July 30th: Basic League.

p.s. Remember, these are subject to change. I may throw in more cool prizes and tournaments.

p.s.s. Remember also, if you bring a new member and they sign up, you both get a current pack of cards!

Last edited:
Don`t forget, this saturday is the Mutant tournament. It`s free. Only requirement is to bring 6 packs of any set.

Get ready to have a blast. These are tons of fun. i`ll even be throwing in some prizes.

`Sensei

It was great!

perhaps next time, sanction it as a fun tourney. That might bring more people to it.

TRR Hoppip vs R&S-non-Firestarter Blaziken = 7 turn stall! We all knew Javier would stall *hahahahahaha*

LOL. Yeah, it was a blast! See everyone this Saturday! Maybe we`ll do something off the wall...;)

`Sensei

August Schedule

Aug. 6th: Modified "World`s Tune up" Tournament

Aug. 13th: No League: EX Unseen Forces Prerelease

Aug. 20th: No League-Worlds in San Diego, CA.

Aug. 27th: Mutant Tournament! UPDATE:Rescheduled until the folowing week! Regular League

p.s. Remember, these are subject to change. I may throw in more cool prizes too.

p.s.s. Remember also, if you bring a new member and they sign up, you both get a current pack of cards!

Last edited:
Just a note: The mutant tournament this Saturday is rescheduled to Saturday Sept. 10th. Regular League will ensue. Sept. 3rd League may be cancelled due to the Holiday (unless people want to attend, I`ll be out of state).

`Sensei

Updated again!

Last edited:
Don`t forget, the Mutant tournament is this weekend. All you need to bring is 6 packs of ANY set. You can mix and match and it doesn`t matter even if they are Base set (as long as they are English packs).

See ya`s there!

`Sensei

Sensei said:
Don`t forget, the Mutant tournament is this weekend. All you need to bring is 6 packs of ANY set. You can mix and match and it doesn`t matter even if they are Base set (as long as they are English packs).

See ya`s there!

`Sensei

Maybe i can come and bring some of the gym heros packs i got at origins :p (but first i gotta figure out how to get down to the bridge from fairfax)

blah!
Sensei, I will need at least 3 weeks notice (2 is the absolute minimum but there's no guarentee I'll see it if it is that close to the day) of your tournaments so that I will have the ability to request off from work (and so i can properly advertise them at my league *hehehe*).
I will tell other players but since the league won't meet until a couple of hours before this tournament, I don't think they'll have time to go buy packs for it let alone figure out if they want to go (some of them would be new to the tournament scene).
Pokemon packs seem to be running in short supply around here. Not even Target and K-Mart had a decent amount.

Last edited:
Okay, i told people. They sounded interested but I don't know for sure if they will go. One asked if you would explain the rules again at the store so it sounded like they would look into going. This would be their first tournament.
I did not know what time you intend to start the tourney. I told them to expect it to start around 10:30. I hope the store has a supply of boosters in case they need to buy them there.

Sweet. See ya later this morning. Timothy, Game Parlor has packs and the local Target usually has some if anyone would need them. Just an FYI.

Oh, 10:30? We always start League at 11am. Did you mean 11:30? ;)

Sensei said:
Oh, 10:30? We always start League at 11am. Did you mean 11:30? ;)
:eek: I did not know that *lol*. In hobby stores that I've been to that have leagues, the league starts when the store opens. oops. I wonder if they went. Can you confirm attendance for a group of 4 people who have never been at a tournament before? I won't be able to find out until next friday.

Last edited:
I didn`t see anyone that has never been here before. We had our usual suspects in attendance and it was a fun one. Dave R and Mike R took top two. Can`t wait for the next one. :thumb:

`Sensei

As always, thank YOU for attending. It`s always fun when you guys are there. We`ll be doing another one next month. Javier asked for a Booster draft this coming weekend. If I can drum up the packs, we`ll do it. ;)

`Sensei

Congrats Dave and Mike! awesome! Wish I could have been there.

Sensei, what dates are you planning for tournaments in September? I'd really like a heads up on booster drafts and sealed deck tournaments, mutant or not, since those would help some of my players who do not have Modified decks.

Sept. Schedule

Sept. 10th: Mutant Tournament. [Past]

Sept. 17th: Booster Draft (?)

Sept. 24th: Majority rules day

Oct. 1st: Start of battle Frontier!!!

Are you psyched for this weekend? Make sure to come on down for all the cool new BF stuff! See everyone there!

Back