Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

world championships if you lose.

charchar

If you lost like 1-5, or if you just do really bad, do you just get nothing and you just leave?:confused:
Does everyone who participates get something? I mean, if you went there and payed like $500 for the airplane ticket and got nothing, it would be sad.:frown::frown::frown:

if you madde into the main event, you get a bag full of goodies like shirt, folder, etc.
for these who make the top cut and go higher, they will get additional goodies depends on where they places.

Everyone who gets to Worlds comes away with something, even if you don't make it into the main event. There are side events, Prerelease tournaments and League runs all day. There are artist signings, a creative center and you will find that there are outstanding trading opportunities. The experience alone is worth something, but you'll get much more than that!

BDS

If you lost like 1-5, or if you just do really bad, do you just get nothing and you just leave?:confused:
Does everyone who participates get something? I mean, if you went there and payed like $500 for the airplane ticket and got nothing, it would be sad.:frown::frown::frown:

Let's see, I have played in worlds twice. The first time (06), I made T32 and got stalled out (dont go there trust me, it is a can of worms that I dont want to get into). While I have poor memory's that I got stalled out, I had a great time. I got all the nice worlds swag, and the fact that your are able to be in the "worlds" area where the players are (obv.) is nice. You have a bit or respect from the players who were unable to make it that year.

Last year (07), I didnt win a trip as I did the previous year, however I decide to travel to Hawaii and I played in the Grinder. I went 7-1 got 4th and made it to worlds. I got some very nice swag. I then proceeded to play the only deck in the whole 64 person field that was my autoloss and proceed to have horrible luck. (I played the same deck each day). I had a blast even though I went 2-4. You would be amazed how much fun you can have in a game when you and your opponent are both 2-3 and dont really care what happens. (Right Jay :tongue:)

However, I will take this a step further. In 2005, I didnt qualify for worlds at all. I went played in the Grinder, went 3-0 then lost my next game to an autoloss and we were told that they would only take the X-0's, so that was that. I however, had a blast trading the whole time and make some nice friends and some nice trades. I had a lot of fun and overall it was an enjoyable experiance.

Just some of my thoughts on it,
Drew

ya, Ive never made it into the main event, but I always had a blast!!!

05 - went 4-1 in grinder, placed 24th. didnt make the cut and was dissapointed. But I rooted on my fellow teammates and also played in a ton of side events! I had an awesome time!

06 - grinded again, went 5-4. again, didnt make it. Rooted on my protege in the Juniors division. He was using the same deck all season, which i built for him, and went 42nd. I played in side events and again, had a blast! Played Yamato in the Yamato Challenge and won!

07 - grinder, went 2-2 DROP. Went to volunteer and got accepted. Had fun running around doing volunteer work and also watching my fellow MGM teammates have fun in the side events. played Yamato again, and lost... (1-1 against Yamato)

So ya, you will have fun!!! no matter what you choose to do, either league, side constructed, side draft, possible Prerelease. If you dont have fun, well then i think there is something wrong with you :). j/k

~Duke

My one trip to Worlds so far, 2006, was a blast.

My wife - Tonja, myself, and 3 other players from the Denver area, 1 PTO (Ronton), another LL (Coldfire64), and Tyler, all went.

Tonja and I volunteered for Day 1, while Ron, Chris, and Tyler all played in the grinder.

I continued to work through the weekend, Tonja, Ron, and Tyler played in the Leagues and Prereleases. Chris went to the beach.

We all had a great time and all brought back some wonderful stories of the weekend. Everyone but me made some great trades, some good friends all over the world - that they still talk with, and lots of stuff from the events they played in.

I can home with sore feet and lots of new friends as well, since I worked with the Staff all weekend. The last day of the event, 5 of the volunteers - myself included, got the best story of the weekend. Dave and Pete fired us as volunteers and promoted us to Staff members. That is by far my best memory of the event.

My advice - take comfy shoes.

I go every year. I do not play in the main event. I do not play in the grinder. I do not play in any of the side events. I don't purchase anything. In fact, I never even have a single TCG battle my entire time there. And yet, I always come away with more than I can carry. It is a beautiful thing.

My one trip to Worlds so far, 2006, was a blast.

My wife - Tonja, myself, and 3 other players from the Denver area, 1 PTO (Ronton), another LL (Coldfire64), and Tyler, all went.

Tonja and I volunteered for Day 1, while Ron, Chris, and Tyler all played in the grinder.

I continued to work through the weekend, Tonja, Ron, and Tyler played in the Leagues and Prereleases. Chris went to the beach.

We all had a great time and all brought back some wonderful stories of the weekend. Everyone but me made some great trades, some good friends all over the world - that they still talk with, and lots of stuff from the events they played in.

I can home with sore feet and lots of new friends as well, since I worked with the Staff all weekend. The last day of the event, 5 of the volunteers - myself included, got the best story of the weekend. Dave and Pete fired us as volunteers and promoted us to Staff members. That is by far my best memory of the event.

My advice - take comfy shoes.

that was fun wasen't it?
being fired just to get a promotion. its a good thing.
i remember the face that dave schwimmer gave us before he told us to turn in our shirts...and get staff ones.

06 was a great year, 07 was even better for me, and 08 i am hopeing to have an even better time.

so yes. even if you dont do so well in the TCG aspect, there is way to much to do. i always bring an extra suitcase for all the stuff i get.

P.S. - Bring a DS with diamond or pearl...you wont regret it.

~Professor ultimatedra~

Take it from a guy who has been to all words but one (last year). I never played in the main event but the side events are awesome. The artist signing are fun and the chance to play against people from all points of the world are amazing. So if you bomb out don't be sad. You got a ton of fun stuff and get to play in alot of cool stuff Sunday. Plus they always have a prerelease for the new set Sunday so if you miss cut you can pay to play in that :)

All in all you will never be bored and the memories can last a lifetime

Ohh yeah and by the way here is the roster pf people from here that are going to enjoy the event:
Me,Ray,Steven,Tim,old buddy Jake and his kid. There are more from another leauge here but thats the little list. See ya in the sunshine state in a few months :)

The worlds sounds great! My son and I are pokemon newbies. We started with DP. My son was fortunate enough to win the juniors division of our nationals.

I'm interested to join the grinder before the worlds. Are there any requirements or fees? I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

The worlds sounds great! My son and I are pokemon newbies. We started with DP. My son was fortunate enough to win the juniors division of our nationals.

I'm interested to join the grinder before the worlds. Are there any requirements or fees? I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

The grinder is free. the pre-release i think is $25(US) - not sure though.

you need money to buy suveniers, food, pre-release, hotel, airplane, and rental car.
that's about it.

~Professor ultimatedra~
P.s. put me on the list of attendees.

Back