Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

worlds '06 decks: which do you think will be product-ized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benlugia

Gallery Contributor
(NOTE: this is NOT a poll. this is a discussion. mods, please do not lock this.)

as we all know, later this year, PUI will release four unique decks used by the top 4 competitors in each age group. although they have different backs and borders so you can't use them in tournaments, they are still great ways to both learn the game and practice with to become a better player. last year, these were the decks that were printed:

Queendom (Jeremy Maron; 1st in 15+; "Queendom")
Ludicargo (Mikey Gonzalez; 3rd in 10-; "King of the West")
Spin-tail (Yoneda; 2nd in 11-14; "Dark Tyranitar")
Medicham (Curran Hill; 1st in 10-; "Binding Aura")

but this year, what do you think will be printed (my memory is a bit fuzzy, so people, please help me fill in the blanks and stuff)?

15+:
1st Mewtric (Jason K)
2nd Eevolutions (Jimmy B)
3rd Queen/houndoom/pidgeot delta (Jeremy M)
4th Metanite (???)

11-14:
1st Lunarock (Miska)
2nd Flariados (David)
3rd LBS (Tad)
4th Ludicargo/or LBS (Austin)

10-:
1st LBS (Hiroki Y)
2nd LBS (Spencer )
3rd LBS (Arnoud)
4th Flariados(Fares)

(sorry if i got anything wrong. please correct me if i did and i will edit this post.)

please discuss what four decks you think will be made and why.

as for what i think will be made, i'm going to have to say mewtric, eevolutions, LBS, and lunarock.

mewtric is obvious--it was the champion's deck, and it contains mew ex, a very popular pokemon and a very popular card. it isn't difficult to use, and should sell quite nicely.

LBS is obvious aswell. although most of the cards will be rotated out, it was arguably this year's most popular deck.

Eevolutions because it had to be the most unique out of all the decks. Although it isn't an easy deck to use, it included plenty of popular pokemon and should be a favorite among many players.

Lunarock because for one, it would be the only deck printed from the 11-14 age category. also, it isn't that difficult to use, plus, it was popular during this format. unfortunately, it didn't play cards that were incredibly rare, so it might not sell well.

what do YOU think will be printed, pokegymmers?

Last edited:
Definitely the three champion decks: Lunarock, Mewtric, and LBS.

It's a close contest between Eeveelutions and Flariados, but despite Flariados being perfectly legal for next format, Eeveelutions is the guaranteed best seller, by far. Eevee and its five evolutions have been considerably popular for many years, and the "cuteness" factor will sell these decks easily.

1st Lunarock (Miska)
2nd Flariados (David)
3rd I think LBS (Tad
4th I think LBS (Austin)

10-:
1st LBS (Hiroki Y)
2nd LBS (Spencer )
3rd LBS (Arnoud)
4th Flariados(Fares)

I think Mewtric (15+), Lunarock, Flariados (11-14) and LBS (10-)are those ones who will be printed.

i can definitely see eeveelutions as being quite marketable, along with mewtric and lbs.
and miska saari of finland won 11-14 :)

everyone, please give reasons for your decisions so this doesn't become a poll. i don't want this to be locked.

I cannot imagine it will be locked, this is a very nice topic between the complain/disagree ones.

Anyway, these 4 decks are played by players from 4 countries, so that's my reasoning behind it.
The LBS deck don't differ that much from each other. I know for sure Arnoud played 2 different cards in his , which won him games.
I would be suprised if LBS was not printed.

IMO, Mewtric (be was cuse won in 15+ and its cool), LBS (Because it was "da deck" and its getting rotated out), Eeveelutions (Because its cool and popular among younger players), and Flariados (Because I simply love this deck, and I played it for preety much half of the season)

In '04, the Championship decks were:

Yamato (1st in 15+): Magma
Fulop (2nd in 15+): Blaziken
Kevin N (2nd in 11-14): Gardevoir
Reed W (2nd in 10-): Swampert

In '05:

Jeremy (1st in 15+): Queendom
Yoneda (2nd in 11-14): Spin Tail
Curran (1st in 10-): Medicham
Mikey G (3rd in 10-): Ludicargo

As far as I can tell, they want to put as many first place players in their decks as they possibly can, but they also want all the decks to have different central Pokemon cards. In '04, when Magma won all three divisions, they had to bump down to 2nd in the 11-14 and 10-, keeping Yamato's winning deck as the 15+ is most likely the biggest money-maker. In '05, when Medicham ex won two divisions (Stuart Benson won in the 11-14, although his version was significantly different), they kept one and bumped the other down to second, manufacturing Yoneda's deck. Ross Cawthon, 2nd place in 15+, would have been a likely choice, but since Stuart's Medicham deck couldn't be printed, and Yoneda used Dark Tyranitar, Ross's Pow! Block deck, which featured Dark Tyranitar, couldn't be used either, so Gonzalez got his Ludicargo deck to be a championship deck.

But this year, the 1st place decks in each category are different, and the 2nd place deck in the 15+ is different than those three as well. So I'll just be boring and go with the four most logical choices:

Jason's Mewtric, Jimmy's Eeveelutions, Miska's Lunasol, Hiroki's BLS.

I'm not sure if LBS will be printed. Look at the decks printed last year; for the most part the core of the decks were playable for the next season. LBS loses Blastoise and Pidgeot. As a result the deck is largely unplayable this year. Lunarock also has mainly nonrares, making it likely to not sell very well as someone who wants the deck can generally afford it. Queen was printed last year as well as Ludicolo, so I doubt they'll print another version of those. That leaves us with Mewtric, Eeveeloutions, Metanite, and Flaraidos. If they print only three of those four, my guess is that they'll leave out Mewtric or Eeveeloutions.

For which "public" are those decks meant anyway?

If it's morely players I also would consider leaving LBS out of it.
If it's collectors, it doesn't matter, they are unique with the autograph.

I do think there is a little to say to print most decks of the 10- and 11-14 division, because that's the "target" agegroup (don't know how to say this).

Mewtrick, because it is Mewtrick

Eeveelutions because it is the only real red face paint out of any of those T4's

LBS, because it swept 10-

Flariados, because it was in 10- and 11-14.

Eeveelutions
Mewtrick
Flariados
LBS
Choose the best age groups for each deck.
BUT I think those are the top ones that will be produced

Mewtrick (Ness) - Championship Decks Pwn All
LBS (Hiroki) - The most popular deck throughout 2005-2006. Also, they love the 10- age group.
LunaRock (Miska) - 11-14 winner, and PUI loves the younger age groups

I think that these three are more than likely going to be the decks used, and I think that most people here will agree. Championship decks are very nice to have printed, The next deck is a little bit more difficult to decide. I think that it will come down to one of two decks...

Flariados (David) - The 2nd place 11-14 deck, and PUI absolutely loves the younger age groups. Also, the 11-14 age group is the only one that has yet to have 2 decks in the same year. It does have a decently high cuteness factor with the Eevee and Flareon line, but it's not as high as, say, Eeveelutions, which has 10 total Eevee evolution stuff.

Eeveelutions (BANGINBOX) - I would love to see this one printed, partly because I like the deck idea, and partly b/c I consider Jimmy to be a close friend. Also, the "cuteness" factor of the deck, revolving around all the Eevees, is very high.

I think that the vote will likely be split down the middle for the third deck between these two. I would choose Eeveelutions, mostly b/c I like Jimmy, and I want to see him get some sort of perminant recognition like this.

Benlugia said:
(mewtric is obvious--it was the champion's deck, and it contains mew ex, a very popular pokemon and a very popular card. it isn't difficult to use, and should sell quite nicely.

I can agree that it will sell nicely, but not difficult? :eek: I'd say only 10 % of people or less who buy the deck will play it the right way. Unless the deck comes with a step-by-step setup guidbook, nobody will use the strategy of using Recharge with Mew ex and follow up with Disconnect every turn as long as its possible. No, we'll se people having active Manectric exes using Mega Shot every 2nd turn, I'm sure. :p Or a Deoxys ex with 3 Energies because it can do 50!

Tego said:
I can agree that it will sell nicely, but not difficult? :eek: I'd say only 10 % of people or less who buy the deck will play it the right way. Unless the deck comes with a step-by-step setup guidbook, nobody will use the strategy of using Recharge with Mew ex and follow up with Disconnect every turn as long as its possible. No, we'll se people having active Manectric exes using Mega Shot every 2nd turn, I'm sure. :p Or a Deoxys ex with 3 Energies because it can do 50!

okay, well, it isn't ENTIRELY difficult to use. ;p

I'm agreeing with the OP's prediction, although it's entirely possible that we might see Meta-Nite or Flariados slipped in there in place of one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back