Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds 2008 Host Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagrid23

One thing that no one has seemed to notice (because they are all arguing over the US-EU non-issue) is that PUI did not announce the actual location of Worlds, just that it was in Orlando, FL. The only information provided was that it would be the 3rd year in a row that PUI would be sending a check to Hilton.

Based upon these two peices of data and the space requirements (mucho bigger than Hawaii) the World's event will be held at...

Hilton, located in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort :thumb:

located right across the street from Downtown Disney. The hotel website is

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/ORLDWHH-Hilton-located-in-the-WALT-DISNEY-WORLD-Resort-Florida/index.do

Those lucky enough to get a room on the West side of the building will be able to check out the nightlife and watch the fireworks at Epcot center.

Bigger than Hawaii, eh? YAYUH!

Orlando is going to be so rocking. Welcome to Florida, guys. Home of hurricanes, Team R, and the place that sent the most people to worlds this year.

how do u know this is the hotel

Its a guess, but a very educated one. It's definately in a Hilton and the only other one in Central Florida that has any convention space is on the other side of town, away from all of the resorts.

Bigger than Hawaii, eh? YAYUH!

Orlando is going to be so rocking. Welcome to Florida, guys. Home of hurricanes, Team R, and the place that sent the most people to worlds this year.

A. We are NOT the home of hurricanes (they even had one in Hawaii)

and

B. We've sent the most for the last two years (maybe more but no one kept track)

but, as an interesting side note, Worlds 2004 is the only Premeire event held in Florida that was not won by someone from Florida (and many have tried)

Last edited:
yay :) now i know where to reserve my hotel. thanks randy!

I tried a couple of days ago and they didn't have the dates loaded (more than a year out). They still only have through Sunday night so be patient. The system should catch up during the week.

The Hotel ONLY has 814 rooms so Pokemon is going to take over. Now if we can resurrect Pokemon Rocks and hold it in the smaller hall.

Pokemon Rocks Orlando

has a great sound to it. I'm bringing all of my league members (currently 250+) so it's going to be great. Be there.

Last edited:
Based upon these two peices of data and the space requirements (mucho bigger than Hawaii) the World's event will be held at...

Hilton, located in the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort :thumb:

3 years in a Hilton and PARIS hasn´t been considered as hostess of the event?? lol

...right, i know THAT person is uber far away from the image of PUI has, (or ever wants) but dream is for free, isn´t it? hahahaha

but, as an interesting side note, Worlds 2004 is the only Premeire event held in Florida that was not won by someone from Florida (and many have tried)

Maybe not entirely true...

In 2002, the Regionals (for the trip to Worlds in Seattle) was won by Brianna B. from North Carolina. She came down and took Florida's Worlds trip away.

Fortunately, Stephen Silvestro had won an invite at the STS the previous year, so Florida was represented (and represented well by Stephen who finished 3rd or 4th).

(But that's over 5 years ago. Pretty dang good.)

Maybe not entirely true...

In 2002, the Regionals (for the trip to Worlds in Seattle) was won by Brianna B. from North Carolina. She came down and took Florida's Worlds trip away.

Fortunately, Stephen Silvestro had won an invite at the STS the previous year, so Florida was represented (and represented well by Stephen who finished 3rd or 4th).

(But that's over 5 years ago. Pretty dang good.)

So, Dave, your memory is better than mine (which one of us is older?). I also was reminded that Spazcrackers did take home a Battle Roads championship, but only after spending many weeks eating a whole lotta humble pie served up by Anthony, Ellie, and a host of others.

Now lets get back on topic... A great location, food, shopping, entertainment galore all within walking distance. 2008 will be great.

So, Dave, your memory is better than mine (which one of us is older?). I also was reminded that Spazcrackers did take home a Battle Roads championship, but only after spending many weeks eating a whole lotta humble pie served up by Anthony, Ellie, and a host of others.

Now lets get back on topic... A great location, food, shopping, entertainment galore all within walking distance. 2008 will be great.

and the kid beat ME in my HOME CITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back