Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds 2009 Top cut TOP 16

Nothing much to discuss. Due to timing the second day is most often limited to only the Top 16. If you are reading into this that there will only be a Top 16 you are on the wrong track. If the Top 32 is not run on Saturday, but they have announced that there will be a Top 32 cut, that most likely means the Top 32 round will be run at some other time. My bet would be Friday. :wink:

BDS

I caught that too but just assumed that it was a typo or they are going to have the top 32 play a round on Friday like they did at US Nats.

I also noticed a lack of a reception for invitees. :(

I caught that too but just assumed that it was a typo or they are going to have the top 32 play a round on Friday like they did at US Nats.

I also noticed a lack of a reception for invitees. :(

I assume that there is going to be still be a reception. I don't see why they wouldn't do that. They have done it every year. I thought that T32 was missing and posted on the error on the website part of the the POP boards and Dave responded saying that T32 will be on Friday.

Drew

Edit - May I also point out it doesn't say when the LCQ starts, just registration. I think they might of forgotten to put both up, but I think that not only will the LCQ happen (obviously), so will the reception. :biggrin:

malik, back in worlds 2007 there was a top 16 cut and yee wei was in it.
however daniel n adwin didnt make it though and at that time it was also for juniors n seniors

I just say it will be hard for players to do 7 rounds + a T32 intensive game.
They will need a good blood pressure to effort it!!

I just say it will be hard for players to do 7 rounds + a T32 intensive game.
They will need a good blood pressure to effort it!!

I am one of those players who would rather play the whole event on one day. I find it much harder (which is most likely why the 3 events that I have made day 2, I have lost in the first round) because you aren't in the "zone" you were in the day before.

That might just be me, but that's what I feel.

Drew

I was concerned as a parent when they announced this set up at US Nats - well top 64 on Day 1. But after it was all said and done, I must say that we liked it and think it was the way to go. For my boys, they are so excited after the end of Day 1 that there is no going straight to bed. Having a reasonable start time on day 2 is very nice and it is nice for players and staff to wrap things up at a reasonable time on the final day.

Back