Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

World's cards. Legal or illegal?

jigglejuice

I was just curious if a rare candy from a world's championship deck set would be legal in official tournament play? This is of course assuming it is sleeved with no way to glance at the back of the card.

We are just lucky enough that the leaders of the leagues we go to are laid back enough to let us use them in casual play

Last edited:
Oh, they're perfectly legal for League play!
You asked about sanctioned tournament play.
Those are two totally different things!

I don't really get WHY they are illegal for tournament play though. I suppose it has something to do with watering down the value of the generally powerful cards that go into world champion's decks?

Pretty Much. If all the good cards were available in worlds decks, then pokemon would make very little money, so yeah.

Yeah, some of those Worlds decks contain groups of cards that are valued over $500-$1000 in total and would take hundreds of packs to obtain or trade for.
To let someone buy that total value for $12.00 would just destroy the value or rarity of the originals.
Of course, that means that some relatively common cards from those decks also can't be used, just to make it easy to say "no cards from these decks in sanctioned tournaments".

Back