Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds DSIs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaJoner

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows when we are supposed to receive the worlds special edition DSIs in the mail. Not a big deal or concern, just curious!!!

Thanks,

Seb

The forms we signed said approximately six weeks, so probably before the end of September? I hope so.

the forms were filled out when the top 32 players completed their rounds, when they lost and were given their appropriate prize pack. DSi's had to be sent due to the need for "appropriate language" for each winner. So if it is a Japanese player they get the "Japanese" DSi. Also, they are not really anything different than the DSi you can buy in the store, except they will have been personalized/customized with the Worlds logos. Dylan got the orange DS last year for worlds and it's the same as any other DS, just that it is orange and has the Worlds logo on it. Very cool and awesome prize support! Hope that helps clarify answers. And, yes, form said about 6 weeks and when I asked, that is also what I was told. So give it a little more time.

Keep in mind, the DSi is region coded. There's no way that we could know in advance how many would be needed from each region, especially since Europe has several different packouts, based on what country you live in. So, factor in time to buy them, ship them to the vendor for customization, time for the vendor to customize them, time for the vendor to ship them to TPCi, time for TPCi to match up the correct player with the correct DSi and time for them to ship to you.

It was easier last year with the DS Lite, because it isn't region coded, so we could simply have them all made in advance.

Also, there's slightly more than just adding the Worlds logo to the DSi. The top is a metalic-y blue that is similar to the retail blue that is available in the US and Japan, but not as flat of a color. The bottom is a metalicy/pearly white that is similar to the retail white that is available in Europe and Japan, but not as flat of a color. You won't find a two-tone DSi like that at retail, and the colors are much richer than you'll find on a retail unit. The DSi will definitely stand out from others.

Keep in mind, the DSi is region coded. There's no way that we could know in advance how many would be needed from each region, especially since Europe has several different packouts, based on what country you live in. So, factor in time to buy them, ship them to the vendor for customization, time for the vendor to customize them, time for the vendor to ship them to TPCi, time for TPCi to match up the correct player with the correct DSi and time for them to ship to you.

It was easier last year with the DS Lite, because it isn't region coded, so we could simply have them all made in advance.

Also, there's slightly more than just adding the Worlds logo to the DSi. The top is a metalic-y blue that is similar to the retail blue that is available in the US and Japan, but not as flat of a color. The bottom is a metalicy/pearly white that is similar to the retail white that is available in Europe and Japan, but not as flat of a color. You won't find a two-tone DSi like that at retail, and the colors are much richer than you'll find on a retail unit. The DSi will definitely stand out from others.

Alright you at least won me over that these are worth the wait.

I have not received mine yet. We're getting it in the mail, yes. I hope its not region locked as its worlds... I want Japanese games :(

Any definitive answer, or even just an estimate of when they'll arrive for most people?

The DS is region locked? I'm playing englisch games on my german one all the time ?_?

The DSi is only region locked when it comes to stuff from the DSi online store, like the apps and minigames so far. Any DSi can play any normal DS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back