Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds. Funny Story #2.

Team Cook

Same night, same dinner. The Belgian and Italian judges are with us. Our meals arrive, the Belgian judge (Crystal) states that the right side of her plate looks or smells like cat food. We all laugh and start eating our meals. I notice throughout the meal, Crystal is picking at her food and eating very little. I ask if everything is ok. She said this was her very first time to eat mexican food. She mentions the cat smell again and we explain that is the refried beans, lol. We asked her what she ordered (you couldn't tell by looking at the plate). She said she had no idea what she ordered but said she asked for a #11 (meals listed by numbers). We asked why the #11? She said she told Marcello (the Italian judge) to pick a number for her, and his favorite numer is 11, so he picked 11, not knowing what it was either. Turns out it was fish tacos. Guess you had to be there.

Last edited:
ROTFL poor Crystal... she'll be known as "The CatFood girl" from now on :biggrin:
Then, next time, we'll roll a couple of dices in order to choose our meal LOL

lol. wish i was there to tape this. =P
lia, where WERE you anyway??? i was the kid with the bulging back-pack that said "BLR" on it. notice me anyone??
and marcillo, where the heck was your tournament?!? i missed it!!!! :(

Wow, UP UNTIL THE END I thought that that was just a typical European thing. I know a lot of people who live in Britain, and most of them hate Mexican food! Here is a direct quote from my cab driver every time I go,

"Pfft, those 'nappy beans (refried beans) look like something out of my baby's diaper!"

I <3 you Europeans, even the non-continental ones like Sami and F~K :D

Lia, in fact she bought some cheesecake before leaving on Monday :D

Benlugia, no one showed up to me (just like I said on the topic of the tournament - I has that Rokcet's Wobbuffet on my necklace for the whole weekend :S), only Pop asked me... and then, bye-bye Roketto Dan... at least for this year :p

:smile: Lia was incognito, colored her hair and tried to be invisible.
Of course it didn't work, most people still recognized me and I wasn't even speaking out loud.

Saturday I was the whole day sitting under the screen were 11-14 standings were projected, behind my laptop.
And once in a while some judges/translators were checking my computer if I was not playing any disturbing games on it :smile:

They went away disappointed because I was writing an article for my website and they couldn't translate it, or was playing Freecell and Spider.

Depending on what is happening coming season I might go to Worlds 2006, but after one day Anaheim this year I'm not sure, it's also too hot there for me.

:cool: MMmmmmm did anybody say cheesecake????

Last edited:
i was WONDERING why someone had a laptop....i was running a constructed tournament at the table next to the one that was in front of you

Back