Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Info

jeffrey123

This will be my first time attending the world championships. I have a few questions.

How much money should I be bringing?
What do you generally do at worlds? (besides the tournament)
Do cards go for more at worlds? (etc Yanmega)
Any beaches around the hotel?

Any general info is accepted graciously, I want to have an awesome time

1. depends on whether you're buying cards for decks. If not, i don't think there'd be many expenses other than food money. Unless you're staying for longer than worlds.

2. not much honestly. With all the side events and stuff it's pretty time consuming.

3. Not really. Half of the people there don't even want your english cards

4. You'd have to drive a little

approx 200-250 $

japanese. Some do want en cards so yeah it depends
Posted with Mobile style...

1. Depends. The Japanese will generally set up with their stuff and either sell or trade with English guys for their stuff. They love RHs and English sleeves. There's also the TPCi store, which sold out in mere hours (rather than 3 days) last year. Your base will be travel, hotel, and food. Once you figure out those baselines, you know how much to take with.

2. Dunno, never been before. I've heard about tons of side events, like Prereleases and special formats. 30+3 was demo'd at Worlds last year. They've done some funky rules tournaments in the past. I've heard something about mirror prizes? I'm going to Volunteer all weekend.

3. Yes, and no. But I wouldn't advise it. Dave was going around and telling ppl off at Nationals for selling cards. Dave basically runs P!P.

4. Dunno. Ask em.

I don't know, I like having the picture resemble the place we'll be playing.

This pic makes me think instead of playing in California, Worlds will be in downtown New York.

I don't know, I like having the picture resemble the place we'll be playing.

This pic makes me think instead of playing in California, Worlds will be in downtown New York.

Advertising is generally reactive, not proactive.

Think about what SoCal looked like in the late 90s or early 00s, and it makes sense.

Schedule of events

We're trying to get flights out to San Diego for my son's invite to Worlds (Juniors). It looks like tournament play for Worlds won't start until Saturday. Are we safe to arrive on Friday evening? do you have to register in person on Thursday or is an email reply that you intend to come (per Pokemon.com) enough?

I was looking at times of return flights and we have to stay until the Monday night red-eye, so I'm trying to budget my time off and hotel bills.

Thanks,

Back