Worlds invitation deadline extended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/news/articles/38.html
Worlds Invitation Deadline Extended

Important information regarding attendance confirmation deadline.

Due to the short time between Canadian Nationals and the invited-player confirmation deadline of July 14th, Pokémon Organized Play has extended the deadline for all players worldwide to July 21st, 2008. Players who do not confirm their attendance to the World Championships by that date are subject to losing their invitation to the event.
POP will announce the final number of Last Chance Qualifier invitations shortly after the July 21st deadline.
'mom

I already sent my information, but this will be good news for some of the invite winners down here. Thanks for the heads up, I completely missed it earlier when I visite go-pokemon.

When I got my email on Tuesday, it had it as the 21st for the Deadline not the 14th. :eek: That is kinda interesting.

Drew

I wonder what this means for people who are choosing to decline their invite?

More importantly, I wonder what this means for people who would benefit from a formal decline? Would it be sent to the next in line (if met before the July 21st deadline), or would it be sent into the grinder?

Last edited:
I havent gave any sort of travel vertification yet. Lol. I don't know anything about it,my hotel, or when. Probably after this saturday I will email them.

~charchar

When I got my email on Tuesday, it had it as the 21st for the Deadline not the 14th. :eek: That is kinda interesting.

Drew

That deadline was only for Nationals winners, and International players. NA Ranking invites got until the 21st, and now everyone else does too.

I already sent my forms and stuff I got from Nats to POP through mail. However, since I am not certain about how I will get there (I know I will fly, but I am not sure from which airport), I sent them a scanned copy of my travel insurance policy. Would that be considered sufficient or not? :confused:

Nu Gundam: The best airport option is MCO / Orlando Intl Airport.

I already know that's the best (or rather only) airport to fly into :tongue: , but the problem is where I leave since there are two options and either option have their major benefits/drawbacks (cost VS convenience).

More importantly, I wonder what this means for people who would benefit from a formal decline? Would it be sent to the next in line (if met before the July 21st deadline), or would it be sent into the grinder?

I don't think any any more invites will be sent out. It would be far easiler to roll the open spots into the grinder. I imagine that it would be very difficult/time consuming for PUI's staff to keep track of who declined, then invite someone new, give the new person an opportunity to respond, and then invite someone else, should the new person decline, etc.

This is just speculation on my part and should not be taken as any sort of official answer.

And what do you do with the person who got an invite and shows up at Worlds, but didn't get the travel conformation returned to PUI in time (or at all)? Do you let them play in Worlds? Do you make them try their luck in the grinder? What if they show up mid day on Friday, and the Grinder is already in round 3? Some days I'm glad I'm just a lackey.

There is no passdown of unused invites. Some of the unused invites may go into the grinder.

There are a few airports an hour or so away from Orlando. Tampa and Melbourne both have Airports, but I doubt it would be cheaper to drive to/from either of those places to/from Orlando than it is to just fly direct.

I don't think any any more invites will be sent out. It would be far easiler to roll the open spots into the grinder. I imagine that it would be very difficult/time consuming for PUI's staff to keep track of who declined, then invite someone new, give the new person an opportunity to respond, and then invite someone else, should the new person decline, etc.

This is just speculation on my part and should not be taken as any sort of official answer.

^
Please do not take the above as speculation, but rather as an official answer.

Thank you,
Prof Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back