Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Invite Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year they didn't, but it was pretty clear since there were almost no changes.
This time I'd really be happy to know what's up with invites, especially since there are many rumors cause of Championships points awarded for Worlds etc.

Released information appears on the pokemon.com website. I understand why the thread was started as that site always makes me feel that I may have overlooked some crucial piece of information. As far as I'm aware there has been no formal announcement.

[speculation]

I expect POP to do top X by region based upon CPs without pass downs.

In other words the same as last year but using CPs instead of elo.

[/speculation]

Probably because there's nothing to say that would affect what players do. It will be based on Championship Points, get as many as you can.

(I imagine people are wondering how many is "enough", but given it's the first year and it completely depends on who attends tournaments and how they finish, it's impossible to predict.)

Thing is it would be possible to calculate how much is enough. Especially arounds nats time. If someone cannot physically be passed regardless of the outcome why go. That's what we'll be able to figure out. Same with the second regional only less predictable. The point structure might decide wether I go north or south for the second regional. I for one would be greatly assisted by knowing the structure...
Posted with Mobile style...

Probably because there's nothing to say that would affect what players do. It will be based on Championship Points, get as many as you can.

(I imagine people are wondering how many is "enough", but given it's the first year and it completely depends on who attends tournaments and how they finish, it's impossible to predict.)

I'd rather not make a thousand dollar trip if I don't have to.

I see. But what's interesting is you won't "have to" for a couple of reasons, given you currently have 25 points.

1) You don't earn many more over the next series of tournaments, and you remain at #45 or lower. So essentially you don't have a shot at earning an invitation at that point

2) You earn so many more over the next series of tournaments, that you shoot up to perhaps be in the Top 20. At that point you're wondering if you need to take the trip to Nationals to accumulate any more.

The problem with #2 is, there will be plenty of Masters that still go, and so everybody else slightly rises up while you stay with however many points you have. Yes, there is a chance you drop below Top 40 at that point, depending on what the Championship Point spread is between 20 and 40.

So I guess you're wondering if P!P will announce a threshold in enough time before Nationals that if certain people are above that threshold they have a safe invitation to Worlds. It seems doubtful they would do that. In the absence of information, probably safe to presume it's still Top 40, but ranked by CPs.

This should be posted at the beginning of the season. I'll never make sense of why it isn't.

There is. Worlds will be in Hawaii. Very expensive, and a lot of people can't effort it (from Europe it's $ 2000 and more). For those, it doesn't make sense to collect Championship points (especially in regions were CCs have only EP boosters, and we're not even sure if there will be any medals or replacement). However I'm afraid there could be something else on the line, maybe even trips (remember 2007 and look at the VGC were all invites in Europe come with trips). If they announce something like that late, there will be a big uproar from players who didn't take the opportunity cause they thought it was only about invites.

That's not really true. If I knew how many you needed, I would work harder towards that goal, but because I'm losing interest in the game as of now, i'm not going to really bother to work that hard and travel that much.

It's kinda like saying "It'll be based on prize cards, get as many as you can." You should know the rules of the game before you play it.

(durant and lost world players please ignore the above post)

It's clear that the top players will be determined by Championship Points, and now it's clear to me that players want affirmation that it will either be Top XX from each country/region again, or something else. Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back