Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds invitee list up on OP site - Hardest Worlds in all aspects!

Pablo

http://go-pokemon.com/op/news/articles/13.html

There's the link to the article from the OP site. Now I think this is worth mentioning:

Out of the 56 invitees so far, and not taking into account this includes every National Champion this season:

Top 4 Worlds 2006
Jason K.
Jimmy B.
Jeremy M.
Yuta K.

Last years best four.

Top 3 Worlds 2005
Jeremy M.
Ross C.
Pablo M.

Only one missing is Ken Y., whom might or might not be going to the Grinder who knows.

Top 3 Worlds 2004
Tsuguyoshi Y.
Chris F.
Go M.

Who got 4th?

So the current invitee list includes 9/11 previos Top 4'ers at Worlds, s this is not only the hardest Worlds to play in due to the limied invites, but seeing how 1/7th of the competition so far are pevious Worlds T4'ers I feel this will be one amazing tournament, where whoever wins must have gone through 10 exhuasting rounds (6 rounds of swiss plus Top 16 onto Top 2) beating out previous Worlds placers, and the top players of most countries with OP AND the best ranked in continents.

I can't wait!

So many Team R members oh GOODNESS.

75 minutes is looking good for single elim, is there an extended time limit for swiss as well?

Hope I can count properly...

56 JUNIORS
58 SENIORS
56 MASTERS

POP have promised 6-4-4 from the grinder. Assuming 64 places at Words then the grinder could admit 8-6-8 based upon my counting. All the usual caveats apply in that all anyone should plan for or expect is 6-4-4. But fingers crossed for a few extras too.

With 6 rounds, and no drops

1x 6-0
6x 5-1
15x 4-2
20x 3-3
15x 2-4
6x 1-5
1x 0-6

So nine of the anticipated 15 4-2s make it to the next day. Losing the first two rounds is probably going to be enough to keep you out of the cut.

Last edited:
FL did have the most invites in the US, so I'd say statistically speaking we DO have the best shot at performing well.

Washington can sweep

Here in Washington we have one Masters player
Two Senior players and
One Junior, so we could sweep all Age groups, can any other states say that?

Back