Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Invites and Gym Challenges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaming_Spinach

Feature Editor
According to POPs Events Schedule released a few months ago, the Regional Championships are supposed to take place in May this year, however, they are all scheduled for Mid-April. You probably wouldn't give this a second thought if it weren't for one thing. This gives the Gym Challenges this year a VERY long time to play out. But first lets compare this years dates with last years.

Regionals '05: 5/14-5/28
Gyms '05: 6/11-6/26
Nationals '05: 7/2-7/3

Last year, Gym Challenges were spread over 3 weeks, with 1 week-end between the end of Regionals, and the beginning of Gyms. There was virtually no time between the end of Gyms and the beginning of Nationals.

Now to what we know of this year so far:

Regionals '06: 4/8-4/22
Gyms '06: ???
Nationals '06: 7/1-7/2

This year, Regionals start end over a month earlier than last year, and Nationals is at the same time as last year. This leaves us with 8 week-ends between these two events, in which Gym Challenges could take place. Last year there were 4 week-ends between Regionals and Nationals.

So what does this mean this year? Maybe there will be more Gym Challenges this year than last. (A good idea IMO). Or maybe the Gyms will be spread over a greater period of time. (Not as good an idea IMO.)

So what does this all lead to in the end? There's more players this year, and less invites given out at Regionals, and more time for Gym Challenges to take place. I know what all of this leads to in my mind...

Feel free to say whatever you want on the subject.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? From the website:

Regional Championships: April 2006
Regionals will take place in 13 regions across the U.S. Winners will receive scholarships worth up to $2,000 and an invitation and Travel Award to the 2006 U.S. National Championships.

Gym Challenges: June 2006
Gym Challenges are the first qualifying events for the 2006 World Championships.

Regionals is in the time frame they say. There will be HOLON PHANTOM Pre-Releases the last week of April and First Week of May I would imagine. Give 2 weeks for the street release, so GCs will more than likely start in June, leaving probably a week in between before Nationals, so GCs will most likely be in a 3 week time frame. More invites? I hope it's Top 2 for one.

More invites? I hope it's Top 2 for one.

I can't really see the math in there. Assuming the same number of ovarall invites remains constant, we'll gain 26 invites from regionals (per division) and it would take 52 trips to double them for gyms.

Regionals don't have invites to Worlds. Only Nats and Gyms do that. I could see them doubling the number of invites in the Gyms if they're the only widespread tourney to have Worlds invites.

You misread what I what I wrote-we gained 26 invites by not having worlds invites at Regionals but it would cost 52 invites to give to second place at gyms (if no new gyms were added).

Nintendo may do invites for rankings this year since the world invites (and trips) to worlds aren't given to regional winners. Just a thought they may do it again this year.

HoennAsh said:
Nintendo may do invites for rankings this year since the world invites (and trips) to worlds aren't given to regional winners. Just a thought they may do it again this year.

Doubt it-the system is just to gameable as it stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back