Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds : Outside of U.S~?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Hiya,

Just tought of an interesting discussion...Why POP does not organise worlds outside of US, like Japan, China, or other countries that plays lots of Pokemon.
I think it will be a great idea, since many people can benefit from it. Some people can't afford to go to US, even though they got the travel awards...Or maybe US are just too far for them. Quite sad really...
Anyways, don't you think it will be interesting?
Discuss~!

cya!

Sounds very nice.Imagine having Worlds in our very own country!LOL!

Its very likely for POP not to have Worlds outside the US.Not to say its impossible but hey,who knows?

I still have my hopes up for Worlds 07 in Europe/Japan.
However, I do get a feeling that this thread will quickly become a flame war between US and non-US players (+ Prime and whoever else supports Intl).

i was going to make this topic 5mins ago -_-''

anyway it seems like POP wanna make ppl travelling around the world to treat it like its a real holiday.Wonder wat country will the worlds held next year.Hope that the answer will revealed during this year's worlds....

*cough*

The LD here in Malaysia are super stingy with the travel award...its just like...$1315...which you have to spend it on the air fares on yourself and if you don't go to Worlds,you don't get the award

*cough*

The LD here in Malaysia are super stingy with the travel award...its just like...$1315...which you have to spend it on the air fares on yourself and if you don't go to Worlds,you don't get the award

wow looks like i have to reconsider to go malaysia to compete ,its 25th right?

is there anyway to convince POP to hold worlds at our country?

I'd imagine running any event in the US is logistically smarter simply because of congruency with laws, taxes, regulations, etc.

Another big factor is where do the Pokemon Company bigwigs want to go for their summer vacation.

I would thing cost is a big factor, because we have so many invites with Paid Trips for here in the US to go to Worlds. Imagine all those Trips being change to Japan, would cost more and if its not cost effective for POP...they would have to lower the amount of Paid Trips to Worlds.

it cant be in alaska cause all the promos from worlds are "tropical _____", and alaska isnt tropical. :p

Ash_Van_Je said:
China, rofl.
2008 Olympics - China
2008 Pokemon Worlds - China

Sounds good to me, especially since I speak a bit of Mandarin. (So Ash_Van_Je, when is Hong Kong going to convert from Cantonese to Mandarin?)

As for 2007, my vote goes to Hawaii. My son's Tropical Mega Battle in 2001 was our best memory ever.

How about we hold it in a foreign consolate or embassy? Then PUI can technically have worlds in another country and save a ton of money transporting US players. :wink:

The deciding factor is probably in the amount of people that play in the Unitd States. If you look at the number of people on the POP ratings and rankings that play in the US, it makes up over 50% of the total registered players globally.

Why have Worlds in Antarctica if it is inconvenient for 99% of people? It may not be convenient (Worlds in the States) for the rest of the world, but the location does accomodate the needs of the many.

Hiya,

But how about, letting other countries host them? It will still be the same, Pop will tell them what to do...The country organise the event. The players just have to come to different places. The same, no?
Also...Some country is not on holiday on August...We don't even have summer. T-T

cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back