Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds overseas after this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeWisconsin

There has been quite a bit of speculation over this subject, but some news has finally come :

It has been determined that beginning in 2007, all World Championships will take place in nations overseas, and due to the cost of PUI sending American players abroad, the number of USA invitations and free round trip accomodations will be cut drastically.

What do you guys like/dislike about Worlds being out of the United States for 2007 on?

i don't like it!
the U.S. has always been the perfect location for worlds(STS) in my opinion!

~dani

Well this may make it a bit more of Worlds
I think this is great, although this is probably influenced greatly by the fact that I don't live in the US.
Come onnnn Australia!

I'm putting damage counters on the the first overseas Worlds would be in Japan..
Nah, on second thought that's too obvious.. LOL

Well I think it may be somewhere in Europe seeing as I there are quite a few players there.

POLOP said:
Well I think it may be somewhere in Europe seeing as I there are quite a few players there.

Actually, you read my mind Andrew - that was my second choice. :)

all that travelling on april the first :( Got to rush to the shops... I'm out of Troll food

i dont think the first year will be all that bad the might do mexico or canada. but when they send it to europe and asia, the attendence will drop. i know im not paying for a trip overseas when the grand prizes is still a "Scholarship". that plane ticket is expensive. i need some PRIZE MONEY...lol but i hope it doesnt kill pokemon in the U.S.

The US attendance will drop...necessarily a bad thing? You already outnumber individual countries in worlds by quite a fair bit. That and it opens the grinder up a bit more too, so that people are all in the same boat.

Besides, win an invite and your travel to worlds is sorted - its only those who rely on the LCQ to qualify that'll get hurt. It'll probably help attendance at other US events too - I mean, people in SoCal this year could probably walk to Worlds and get through the LCQ, if INTL, then people will work harder to attend and attend more and more tournaments to get that elusive invite.

Just set Worlds 2012 in London, and I'm fine. :lol:

Muk Man said:
i dont think the first year will be all that bad the might do mexico or canada. but when they send it to europe and asia, the attendence will drop. i know im not paying for a trip overseas when the grand prizes is still a "Scholarship". that plane ticket is expensive. i need some PRIZE MONEY...lol but i hope it doesnt kill pokemon in the U.S.

How do you think we, non-US players, have been feeling for the past few years?

It would be perfect if it would be somewhere near the US like Canada or Mexico, or even somewhere South America. Europe would be kinda bad IMO, but I wouldn't mind Japan because I wanted to go there for a long time.

PokeWisconsin said:
due to the cost of PUI sending American players abroad, the number of USA invitations and free round trip accomodations will be cut drastically.

Ummm , thanks? How many now?

Source(s) please?? Until POP/PUI announce this, I wouldn't get tooo worked up yet. Of course, last year, there were signs up @ Worlds were the next one was going to be held and I know POP/PUI works at least a year in advance for venues. Quite possible that POP/PUI knows were it will be, but the general public.....well, we didnt know for sure until Aug. last year.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back