Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are tournaments that if you win you get to play in worlds nationals is the national championship in which anyone can play. And grinder isn't a person its another tournament just held the day before worlds. If you win you get to play.

If you win one of the worlds qualifiers then Pokemon pays for your trip. You just have to pay for a taxi or something to get to your hotel, and food. The hotel and airplane is paid for. If you mean how do you get money if you don't win a trip at all, I would start shoveling a lot of driveway's snow.

If you don't win a trip, live in the area local to worlds, or have parents who will take you there then you work/save/earn the $ yourself.

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/content/events/archive.asp is the archive of articles about the past premier events leading to Worlds 2004 and 2005. Though certain things may change for this tourney year, you'll get the idea of how one gets to worlds, reading these.

'mom

Miamisportsfan45 said:
and who is grinder?
Post of the month.

You cannot 'win' money to go to World Championships.

You either earn an invite and POP pays for your trip, or you do not earn an invite and can choose to travel to Worlds on your own finances and try to win an invite into Worlds at the same location where Worlds is held (also know as the grinder)

To be invited to PLAY in worlds tournament, you must win an invite.
There are certain premiere events, found on the POP wbesite, where invites can be won.
Once you win an invite, Nintento pays to fly you out to the location, then pays for your hotel stay. Anything else desired you must fund yourself.
The events you can win an invite are:
Getting top 4 at a previous worlds tournament in your age group
Getting top 4 at the US nationals(held every year, at columbus ohio usually)
Getting 1st or 2nd at a regionals(13 regionals)
Getting 1st at a Gym Challenge(~48 for the US last year)

Things may change, but that is what happened last year, it might change this year in the future.

If you do NOT win an invite, you may participate in the "grinder" or the last chance qualifier tournament. places 1-8 get into worls, but you must get to worlds by whatever means you can, nintendo wont pay or help.

Hope that helps.

Placing first at any non-premiere event has no bearing or metir for worlds. Your rank in the world, state, anything has no bearing either-you must win an event, or in some instances, like at US nationals, get to the top 4.

Last edited:
But how do u earn an invite is what im trying to find out. Im in 6th place in thw whole state. Can U win a trip to worlds by having a certain placement in op.pokemon-tcg.com ?

Miamisportsfan45 said:
But how do u earn an invite is what im trying to find out. Im in 6th place in thw whole state. Can U win a trip to worlds by having a certain placement in op.pokemon-tcg.com ?
Nope.

'mom

ryanvergel said:
To be invited to PLAY in worlds tournament, you must win an invite.
There are certain premiere events, found on the POP wbesite, where invites can be won.
Once you win an invite, Nintento pays to fly you out to the location, then pays for your hotel stay. Anything else desired you must fund yourself.
The events you can win an invite are:
Getting top 4 at a previous worlds tournament in your age group
Getting top 4 at the US nationals(held every year, at columbus ohio usually)
Getting 1st or 2nd at a regionals(13 regionals)
Getting 1st at a Gym Challenge(~48 for the US last year)

Things may change, but that is what happened last year, it might change this year in the future.

If you do NOT win an invite, you may participate in the "grinder" or the last chance qualifier tournament. places 1-8 get into worls, but you must get to worlds by whatever means you can, nintendo wont pay or help.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone ever play in these events in Pennsylvania that can lmk when and where these are?

Miamisportsfan45 said:
Does anyone ever play in these events in Pennsylvania that can lmk when and where these are?

Events are yet to be announced, they will start being announced probably in February-ish for dates. Until then we have the rest of cities, and then states.

I think the 2005 World Champion resides in Penn., Jeremy Maron. You may know him as "venusaur" on the 'gym.

Last edited:
How do u know when the events are because I can probly do pretty good at world (not win but do pretty good) I just need to know how to get there because my mom wont let me go unless I can get there from here.

Once the events are announced, you can find information on them via the OP website, or in the certain premiere event sections here on the gym. There will be threads for all premiere events normally.

All premiere events will be shown on the OP website, location, date, everything you need to know. They won't be shown for months, they're a long time away.

Like I JUST said, you CANNOT win an entry to worlds via city championships... if you're looking for advice at least READ what people say.

Only PREMIERE events, and i listed them all off, can get you an invite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back