Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds set of 7 promo cards

PokemonTrader

I've been browsing the internet recently, and was curious on a few things...

1. How many different years did they make the set of 7 promo cards? (Or when was the first year?)

2. What are the different names? Tropical Tidal wave, Beach....

3. Generally are these cards cool to have? XD

4. How does one obtain them at worlds?

1. since the first worlds i think(not sure, dont know when the first one was as well)
2.tropical tidal wave/tropical beach/tropical wind
3.personally, i think it's cool when you earned them yourself, not bought or traded
4. by playing at the world championships you get a set of 7, lcq doesn't count

LCQ is what? xDD

Re: When you earn them yourself, I don't have a league here so there would be like no way for me to get them besides online xD

Also how much money does it cost to get them at worlds?

LCQ=Last chance Qualifier
you can only get those can by competing in the PWC* or buying them**.
if you play tournaments you can qualify(you can check all of this on the "what is worlds" section at http://www.pokemonworldchampionships.com/2011/).
or you can buy them from playing who got them.
these are the only 2 ways

*PWC=Pokemon World Championships
** you can only buy them from people competing in the PWC

Wait for them to hit ebay in the next month and you will get a good estimate. I have a feeling these will be higher than the previous copies since they are playable and are only attainable through worlds.

LCQ=Last chance Qualifier
you can only get those can by competing in the PWC* or buying them**.
if you play tournaments you can qualify(you can check all of this on the "what is worlds" section at http://www.pokemonworldchampionships.com/2011/).
or you can buy them from playing who got them.
these are the only 2 ways

*PWC=Pokemon World Championships
** you can only buy them from people competing in the PWC

Did you go to worlds? If so how much were people selling them there?

---------- Post added 08/15/2011 at 09:58 PM ----------

Wait for them to hit ebay in the next month and you will get a good estimate. I have a feeling these will be higher than the previous copies since they are playable and are only attainable through worlds.

Im thinking that, judging by the past worlds cards though what is a fair value for these?

Im thinking that, judging by the past worlds cards though what is a fair value for these?

I was at Worlds. People I saw were trying to get $110-$130 for this year's set. But that's just what people were asking for, I'm not sure how many actually sold for that price.

I was at Worlds. People I saw were trying to get $110-$130 for this year's set. But that's just what people were asking for, I'm not sure how many actually sold for that price.

Someone sold their full set for like 300 from what I heard. I was also getting people selling Single beaches for 60-100 per as the weekend progressed.

Someone sold their full set for like 300 from what I heard. I was also getting people selling Single beaches for 60-100 per as the weekend progressed.

I know people were selling the English one for that high. And I saw people buying the Japanese one for as much as $30. But I also saw a buch of people with just the other languages (not English or Japanese) and they couldn't get rid of them at all. As far as I could tell the English one was selling for about 75% of the total set.

Hrm, so I'd be best to try and buy the other parts of the set for like $10 each then focus on the playable eng and *** ones?

European players can use all of the promos except the JPN one. (So that gives them 6 copies).

I believe US players can only use the English version.

That seems unfair. I wonder if they ever considered that the promo would be playable? (If it actually does turn out to be playable in the long term).

But probably when it rotates out, it will still be worth a lot...

A playable, promo that was in limited quantities...
Worlds knows how to get the most for their buck xD

Back