Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Start Delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we are right on schedule, just cut to top 32, will make it to top 16 in an hour tops.
I really enjoyed this organized play year, i hope we can repeat it next one!

DaytonGymLeader said:
Heard it thru the grapevine that Worlds started 2 hours late.....hmmmmm. Any confirmation or explanation?

:shrug:

The Opening ceremony started on time (circa 9:15) this morning, may have gone a bit longer than the planned 15 minutes, and the first round of play started by about 10:30/10:45...

probably because a messy judged decided to sleep extra time and arrived late (please dont flame for it) :p

i was impressed though how the situation was managed in such a way that we actually ended regaining the schedule...

Just wanted to know, heard some info but I wanted to confirm. Also, it sounds like it went long basing it off of the proposed schedule on the OP website and Competitor's Packet, correct?

well, i xant exactly say, since i just have energy for some time, and we have just finished the compendium invitational, i didnt feel it was so off, but again, it is simply my opinion.

Sorry to dissapoint you, daytongymleader, but after a 15 minute delay Sat. the event was run flawlessly ( unlike nationals, where i spent more time sleeping on benches than playing). It was just a wonderful gathering of people from all different cultures enjoying the essence of Pokemon .And i heard of like ZERO complaints about the way the event was run ( UNLIKE Nationals!) . Give it a rest!

the_sniper what ever you are suggesting DONT GO THERE!

the thread will descend into flaming and maybe bannings :(

NoPoke said:
the_sniper what ever you are suggesting DONT GO THERE!

Nopoke, I'm NOT the one going there! I didn't start this thread and any flaming WONT be done by me.
Just pointing out the obvious ( if you were at both events than you understand).Maybe daytongymleader shouldn't go there.....

JediDrew said:
It did run tilll like 10. Pretty far from 6 but oh well.

The main swiss part of the tournament went a little past 7pm. After that a dinner break was given to players while decks where checked. After that the top 32 players came back and played one round of best 2 of 3 with a 90 minute time limit. Originally the this round was going to be one match with a 30 minute limit and them the top 16 on Sunday would be best of 3 with a 90 minute limit, but after talking with the staff it was decided to do the top 32 as best of 3. So becaues of the dinner break and the best of 3, 90 minute limit round for the top 32 is why the tournament ended a little longer.

It's really hard to keep anything like this on schedule, especially with as many people as were involved. But througout the event the staff was helpful and courteous.

The only event that had a significant scheduling problem was the Green pre-release. For whatever reason, it ran slower than the others (and the fact that players kept disappearing didn't help either). The staff did a VERY nice thing and gave everybody in the Green pre-release an extra pack of cards for the delays. Well done!

As for Sniper and sleeping, my daughter said that since the event was in the hotel, you could go sleep in the room instead of on the chairs. I thought that was pretty funny!

Last edited:
yes
the green prerelease was terrible
I was in it, and I was able to eat pretty much inbetween rounds and get back 10 minutes before the round started
it was terrible, but I had a lot of fun

but, I felt that the Stadiums were run a lot smoother than Worlds
I know there were a lot more competitors, but I didn't feel that there enough judges
that is my only complaint

I ran the Theme Deck PreRelease and I'm surprised more people didn't think to jump into that one.

It went quick because there was no deck building time spent (play just with the precon) and you got the same amount of product overall: precon with one guaranteed foil (either the great, swarmable Beedrill or the "free CPU Search" Pidgeot) and three packs for signing up, then the prizes were the same as the other flights: 10 packs for undefeated, 7 packs for only one loss, and 4 packs each for everyone else that stayed to the end. Also, we only did four rounds. I guess it would have been 5 if we had more people, though.

ok, let me clear up some things...

the event was delayed for one particular reason, TMS wasn't running correctly.....

there was little to no human error about it, it just took time to sort out the problem

you must keep in mind that the people in the back were working frantically to pair up, report, post standings, address any mismarked matches, and print out a sorted pairings for judges...

the people behind those curtains were the hardest workers there IMHO

DaytonGymLeader said:
And that's what I'm trying to find out. What was the problem with TMS? Was it similar to what we encountered at Nationals?

There were some minor problems initially because we created pre-reg files automatically from the excel spreadsheets. There were some extra spaces and names (having more than two) that the software didn't like. We also didn't have birthdates for the Japanese players. There were ZERO TMS errors during the main event and we were getting new pairings out within 5 minutes. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back